The Hooded Man

civplayah

phantasm
It was a dark and stormy night. Despite that, everyone was gathered at Poverty's Pubs all around Arete. They were allowing guests to come and see some singers and dancers for free (the beer was greatly appreciated, too) and chat with friends and ol' pals. Civplayah watched the singer, Melissa Melika, and enjoyed his share of free beer. The crowd gave Melissa a standing obation and shouted, "Encore! Encore!" and civplayah was one of them. He looked around. So peaceful. Who knew a dreary day could be this fun?
Somewhere else, at the same time, there was a very nervous man. He was nervous because the other man in the room held the first man's life in his hands. The second man could kill the first man (the first man was named Tandro) at any time. So imagine Tandro's suprise when the other man set him free. On one condition. Tandro had to bring civplayah to the other man.
"He should be at the Poverty's Pub about 1 mile from here. Remeber, I have spys planted all over, and if they see that you're not getting my task done, you shall never get it done! :evil::mwaha:
"Yes, sire. There will be no failure from me."
"Good. I want you to take my hooded robe and wear these gloves. Also take this bag. But make sure you kidnap him when all eyes are off him.
Civplayah watched Melissa's second set, unaware that someone was sneaking up on him with a hood, a bag, and gloves. It seemed like Tandro had done this before, because he was as quick as lightning. Soon civplayah was dragged away.
"Hope you're enjoying the fun."
"You!" civplayah screamed in fright.

Before you post a reply that has something major to do with the story, please PM me before you do. Thank you. (Note: you may post a reply without PMing me as long as the post contains no major events.

In New Giruvegan, Sidohu sat in a pub, alone. He sat by a table far from the desk, so the tavernkeeper would not notice he was not buying anything. The only thing he was drinking was some homemade ricewine.

He sat, completely in his own thoughts, thoughts about a life of cooking and serving food. His dream was to open a restaurant in the city, but he could not figure out what kind of food he could serve there. He was at a halt in his life. He emptied his small flask and exited the pub, staggering a bit from the strong homebrew.

Another day on the pub, alone. Another dream in the gutter, he thought, as he walked home.

Sidohu woke up. He didn't know where he was, and he had a terrible headache. Not expecting an answer, he asked mostly to himself: "Where am I?"

"Where you left me", he heard a voice behind him. A woman - or girl? - was sitting right behind him. He looked at her and opened his eyes in shock.

Mei had pierced her upper lips with two needles. Only the closest friends of her and Sindar understood the heartbreaking reference. Sindar and Ymira had killed themselves with two needles like these. Her hair was black and put in spikes poinitng away from her face. She looked like something from a bad dream, Sidohu thought.
"Left you, what do you mean?" He rubbed his eyes and looked at her.
"Yes. I tried to follow you home, you looked like you needed it. But you stumbled onto the pavement and fell asleep here, so I stopped and waited for you to wake up."
Sidohu rubbed his eyes again as he stood up. This strange-looking girl was actually acting very kind. "Thank you. I can find home on my own now."

"Oh but I would very much like to follow you home, just to make sure you're alright."
Sidohu nodded and started walking. After a while they arrived at his house.
"Woah, what are you using all that space for?", Mei asked. Sidohu had inherited the large house from The Enlightened, whose brother had been married into his family somhow. "I am dreaming of opening a restaurant," Sidohu replied. "But I need a name, and... Something unique, to make the place appealing."
Mei nodded and followed him inside. "You said you inherited from Brother Diamondeye... Very interesting. I believe I know a story that would help inspire you..."

They sat down, and Mei started telling. When she stopped, Sidohu was convinced that his dream would come true. This girl was like sent from heaven. "But where do you know all that from?", he asked her. She fingered with the needles in her lip. "Let's just say he was a friend. A good friend." Sidohu nodded, suddenly tired. When Mei had left, he crashed onto his bed and fell asleep instantly, dreaming of birds and battles, and of a large fish that swallowed a ship.

Mei walked away outside, off the street, out of New Giruvegan, heading for Arete. What she was to do now, she did not know.

Okay this is where my timeline fits into the story.

Mei entered the city. It was dark, and the people were in their homes or in the pubs. The air was chilling against her skin, but she ignored it. She walked, looking into the ground, in no paticular direction.

Suddenly, a man rounded the corner in front of her and bumped into her. She fell to the ground, violently. The man, Tandro, continued. He could not be delayed. Mei was aching on her palms and knees when she rose to see the man who had pushed her run, carrying a large sack. What was the man doing outside so late? And with a big sack in such a hurry? Mei tip-toed after him, keeping her distance and staying hidden.

The sack was very lonely compared to the pub. Tandro carried him for miles and miles.
"I just knew he would strike again," civplayah thought. "He couldn't have just left me alive and in the open. But the strange thing is: where is he taking me? I would have thought that we would have gotten to his house right now. It's only a mile or so."
Actually, there's some things that you, as the reader, should know. The history between Tandro and the Hooded Man, and Tandro and civplayah. And also, between the Hooded Man and civplayah.
First: Tandro hates civplayah and tried once unsuccessfully to kill him before.

Second: The Hooded Man is far more powerful than Tandro, civplayah, and all the other people in that pub.

Third: The Hooded Man was part of the Cycles and always will be.

Fourth: Tandro has always been a slave, whether a Spanish Slave captured by Aretanians, or a slave of the Hooded Man

Fifth: The Hooded Man tried over and over and over again to get civplayah to join the Cycles, but he wouldn't budge.

Sixth: The Hooded Man knows not about the history between civplayah and Tandro.

Seventh: Tandro knows about the history between the Hooded Man and civplayah.

Tandro and sack arrived at the gates to the Hooded Man's secret palace. It looked strangely like a ffh Bannor Palace. But that doesn't make any sense because the Hooded Man is evil. Maybe I've informed you wrong...

Mei stopped dead. She had never seen the palace in front of her before. Plus, there could be sentries everywhere. She could see her own, damp breath in the chilling air. She paused and sat down, while the gate opened and Tandro moved inside with the sack. The palace somehow gave her a reassuring feeling. It didn't look like a place of great evil.

She moved carefully to the backside of the building, before starting to climb the wall around the palace. When she finally landed on the other side, she barely had time to look around before a guard thumped her in the back of her head. She fell to the ground, world spinning.

Civplayah heard Mei screams. He couldn't let an innocent person get hurt by that guard. He did everything in his power to get out of the sack, but it was too strong and he was too old. All he could do was pray, which mostly worked better than fighting for him anyway. When Tandro arrived at the Hooded Man's throne room, civplayah was released form the sack, but he was in deep meditation. He could not be moved until his prayers were finished.
"You fool Tandro! Wake him immediatly!"
"I fear I can't, there's no way to take him out of mediation until he's done."
And then the Hooded Man did what an evil person would do, he whipped Tandro.

The guard laughed as he dragged Mei along the floor with his left hand while buckling his belt with the right hand. His sword was in his belt. He entered the room with the Hooded Man, Tandro and Civplayah.

Ignoring his masters rather sadistic activity, the guard bowed.
"I found this girl strifing inside the yard. She's inconcious."
With those words, he let of Meis arm, which promptly fell to the floor, and left.

The Hooded Man just laughed.
"Ha! I have three slaves in the same room. This is going to be fun."
With that, he took the meditating civplayah and the unconsious Mei and put them both in Tandro's arms.
"Go! Take them to the dugeon. And never let them out."
Tandro obeyed, but grudgingly, due to the fact that the Hooded Man said that Tandro would be released after he captured civplayah. The Hooded Man saw that Tandro wasn't running his fastest and the CRACK echoed through the halls.

Mei kept her eyes closed despite the loud crack of the whip and her need to let some of the food she had eaten out again. She was still sore after the guards harsh treatment, and decided to wait and see what happened when they arrived at the cell. Tandro did not seem like someone she could take on alone.

Once they got to the jail cell, Tandro left them and they were alone. Civplayah was, as usual, praying to get them out of there. Mei was just trying to find an escape route. She looked everywhere ther could be one, but none could be found with their resouces on hand. Looks like they're going to need backup help.

After searching the entire cell through twice, Mei shook her head. There was no way out. She sat down opposite Civplayah and studied him. His face was emotionless and his eyes were closed.

Curious, Mei positioned herself the same way as Civplayah and closed her eyes.

Tandro entered.
"Surprise, Surprise." He was carrying what look like very old macaroni and cheese.
"I brought you some soup!" He announced. When he saw that the "prisoners" didn't move, he was perplexed.
"You fools!" He declared with a slap on each of their foreheads. Civplayah didn't notice. Well, he did. but he didn't care. Mei, however, was ready to pull out her concealed knife.

Tandro stumbled backwards, but Mei was fast and determined. She swiftly brought her fist to his solar plexus while cutting the backspines of his knees. She then punched him several times in the face until he was knocked unconscious.

The Hooded Man marched into the room.
"Mei!" He said, not in an angry voice, but in a happy praise-like voice.
"Kill him! Quick Before he wakes up!" He continued.
"What?" Mei was confused.
"Kill him!!!!!"
And so she did.
"Thank you!" The Hooded Man said, still half-shouting.
"You've done what I've wanted to do for several years but never had the courage to do. You and civplayah are free to go, but be warned. Tell him that I loved the Cycles of Arete. He and Cyc made such a great team. And with this new faction, there will be rebellion and another anarchy. But when it's over: utopia!"
Mei wondered how he knew all this, but she didn't really care. The Hooded Man opened the cell door and let them out. But the guards didn't know that they were let free...

Mei lowered the knife, looked again at the hooded man, then at Civplayah, before kneeling before Civplayah.

"Civplayah, please, wake up. I need your help."

Mei smiled at him.
"I need your help so we can get out of here. Considering the treatment that guard gave me on the way in - ugh - well, I don't think they're that decided to let us out just like that..."

Mei looked around and realized how the mess around her had to look to Civplayah, but there was nothing to do about it.

Is that Tandro. Dead?
"इस आदमी के जीवन के लिए धन्यवाद, और उसे देने के लिए धन्यवाद हमारे साथ है, प्रिय पवित्र आत्मा रहते हैं. जल्दी ही वह अपने अगले जीवन शुरू हो जाएगा, लेकिन वहाँ हमेशा एक और उसकी देखभाल करने के लिए किया जाएगा. मुझे लगता है कि आप इस व्यक्ति को आशीर्वाद और उन के रूप में मुझे के रूप में वार कर पूछता हूँ. उन्होंने कहा कि जैसे किसी की ज़रूरत पड़ेगी."

Sorry if it's roughly translated, but it's just civplayah giving thanks and wishing Tandro goodwill in his next life. And, for those who want it, here's what it actually says.
Spoiler :
Thank you for this man's life, and thank you for letting him live with us, dear holy spirit. Soon he will begin his next life, but there will always be another to look after him. I ask that you bless this person and make them as wise as me. He'll need someone like that.

"Mei, I'm not mad at all. You did what you had to do. This man is evil (pure evil, to be exact) and I'm guessing that he attacked you. You were just defending yourself. It's okay."
Civplayah smiled, even thought he had the wrong idea. It was Mei who attacked Tandro.
Civplayah led Mei out the building.
"Halt!" the guard shouted as he drew out his pistol.
"I'm civplayah. The Hooded Man, whatever his name be, let us go.
"You're known to be an honest soul, but I have no clue who you are," he glared at Mei, "So I'm afraid I'll have to hold you back."
"That's quite alright. He'll tell-"
"You can go, civplayah. She stays here."

Mei sent Civplayah a saying look. It said: "See what I said?"
She then looked down in the ground before her feet, and her face now said something like "Why does people judge you that much due to your exterior?"

She sighed. "Just go, He'll let me out eventually. I hope."

Top Bottom