1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Hotfixxer

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Enginseer, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

In this thread, an unofficial patch can be subscribed to that allows you to play with fewer bugs for that perfect game feel apparent.

Balance complaints concerns are also addressed. Unlike all my other mods, this mod is by the community and changed for the community. Not to my peculiar agenda or whatever. except Corporate Franchises. I still hold true to that idea.

Subscribe here!
    Spoiler :

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Bromar1, bigcat88, Deadstarre and 2 others like this.
  2. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

Cool, looking forward to seeing that list more fleshed out

3. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost King

I appreciate the effort, but isn't this exactly what Vox Populi is doing? If there is community consensus around balance issues, it seems it would be more efficient to have them addressed in VP rather than having a divergent modmod to fix them.

Grabbl, thunderbird_14, vyyt and 2 others like this.
  4. Enginseer

Gazebo can't update like he used to because of RL work as always, so we might get updates in... a week or so which is not bad but the modmod is meant to complement with whatever the version it was meant for not to be used in future versions that existed after the said date to hotfix any problem and experiment some cool features.

This wasn't meant to replace Gazebo's updates, but rather hotfix them if a hotfix cannot be done.

vyyt likes this.
  5. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

Can you pick which changes you want by editing the mod file? Or is it all or nothing?

6. Enginseer

You can pick, just delete whatever file changes in the adjustion was made like say if you don't like the Japan/Fealty changes, you can just delete the file Japan/Fealty.

However, there are core files that aren't separated because it was meant to be fixed either way such as the Austrian and Indonesian changes.

I'll provide justification for Fealty however. Since it was meant to be played as a wide tree, the changes were made to appeal toward more wide players.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I understand why this exists, and I appreciate the effort, but it does feel a bit like an usurpation of the CBO's role. If you'd prefer to take over the CBO I'm happy to oblige, but I don't think we need both a balance mod and a balance mod mod.

G

Sundance Kid, Grabbl, lunker and 5 others like this.
  8. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

I will say that allowing the atlatlist to keep its promotion on upgrade is a huge buff to the maya. They are in a good spot right now so it needs to be balanced with a nerf in another area.

9. glider1

glider1 Deity

It is a good idea to have a backup plan for the mod so that there is somebody with the skills can continue to adjust the mod and learn software skills.
    It is also good to have an "unofficial" balance version running alongside an "official" balance version.
    This thread should have been called the "unofficial balance patch" and all would have been cool.

That said, the "official" version would be good to turn around roughly every two weeks because that would be the minimum time to collect sufficient opinions and data - and we aren't even at two weeks for the official version any way.

Cheers.

10. Enginseer

Answered it for me. I'm not taking responsibility for the CBO's role at all. I just wanted to share this out for people who prefer a more perfect game as the Austrian upgrade bug ruined my Austria hussars upgrade path and had to start over from scratch again in another random test game.

11. Owlbebach

Owlbebach Emperor

This might be a good test ground, something like more frequent patches, more stuff to test, +additional ideas to think about

12. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

I really dont like the change of fealty in order to "soft" nerf it although fealty just need a hard nerf and keep the same scaler so no policy gets its weight increased by the addition of vase yield.
    Remove production or food and keep the tree as it is.
    You will still get production or food from the finisher

13. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

I don't exactly understand what this is. Is it like a beta version which tests out balance ideas?

Gokudo01 likes this.
  14. Enginseer

That's fair, I introduced an alternative revision that can be replaced by deleting the file name.

15. Jarula

Jarula King

How about those religious buildings...

If anything could be done to improve such a cool game it's add more to religions. Make a actually use them more gooder

16. Enginseer

Huh?

17. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Chieftain

Its quite simple....use them more gooder :lol:

18. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Enginseer, why just don't do fixes in main project? Install another modmod is not a good solution. Then Gazebo will take your fixes and recompile the main project...
    And if u will do it in main project, then we will see just your posts(instead of Gazebos) with hotfix updates in "new version" threads :king:
    Don't be lazy to use GitHub advantages :grouphug:

19. Enginseer

I already did that. Core fixes are pull requested, but doesn't mean they're automatically update.

Non-core fixes like balance developments can't be pull-requested because they're not exactly approved yet.

20. doublex55

doublex55 Prince

So you are continuosly updating this? Also, Gazebo has said that he is olanning on increasing late game purchase costs. Shouldn't that be in here as well?