The Hotfixxer

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
In this thread, an unofficial patch can be subscribed to that allows you to play with fewer bugs for that perfect game feel apparent.

Balance complaints concerns are also addressed. Unlike all my other mods, this mod is by the community and changed for the community. Not to my peculiar agenda or whatever. except Corporate Franchises. I still hold true to that idea.

Subscribe here!
Spoiler :
(For: September 27th 2017)
Civilizations
  • Persia
    • Achaemenid Legacy+: 50% of your Tourism output converts into Golden Age Points.
    • Satrap's Court+: +25% Gold during Golden Ages.
    • Satrap's Court+: +2% Golden Age Length.
  • Spain
    • Reconquista+: Receive +3 Faith in the Capital for every City-State you are allied with, and +1 for each per CS friend. Bonus scales with era.
Corporations
  • Franchises now provide some bonuses respective to the city owner.
    • Trader Sid's: +1 Tourism, Trade Route to this Franchise produce +1 Gold.
    • Centaurus Extractors: +1 Tourism, +1 Production for every 3 Coast and Ocean Tile nearby.
    • Hexxon Refinery: +1 Tourism, +10% Production toward Military Units.
    • Giorgio Armeier: +1 Tourism, +1 Culture on Giorgio Armeier's Resources.
    • Firaxite Materials: +1 Tourism, +10% Production toward Buildings.
    • TwoKay Foods: +1 Tourism, +5% Food.
    • Civilized Jewelers: +1 Tourism, +10% Great Person Generation.
Technologies (Westernization Effect)
(For: September 17th 2017)
Buildings
  • Temple of Artemis provides a free Herbalist instead of a Granary when constructed.
City-States
  • None at the moment. :nono:
Civilizations
  • Are all civs perfectly balanced now? :nono:
Corporations
    • Centaurus Extractors: +1 Tourism, +1 Production for every 3 Coast and Ocean Tile nearby.
Policies
  • Tradition Finisher+: +1 Food to Embassy.
  • New Deal+: +5 Great General Points to Citadel.
Religions
  • Knowledge Through Devotion: Landmarks and Great Person Improvements produce +4 Faith and Science. Great Works produce +2 Culture, and you can purchase Archaeologists with Faith.
    • The technology just isn't there yet.
  • Council of Elders: Science and Production bonus increased from +4 to +10 per City.
(For: September 7th 2017)
Buildings
  • None at the moment.
City-States
  • None at the moment.
Civilizations
  • Maya
    • Atlatlist+: Retain their unique promotion upon upgrade.
      • Most other UU retained their unique promotion, let's test with this.
Corporations

For: August 23rd 2017
Buildings
  • Taj Mahal+: +0.20 Golden Age Point to +1 Golden Age Point per citizen in the City.
    • There are a large sources of Golden Age Point that could easily get a Golden Age faster than this.
  • All Wonders: Tourism is now converted into a yield
    • You needed their pre-requisite tech to get the yield, but this change just makes the tourism available regardless of tech
City-States
  • Rewards are less randomized; passive quests reward less now (meaning minimum rewards should be higher, maximum rewards should be lower).
    • Too much concerns when randomized numbers gave too much of a buff(you were surprised at huge numbers rather than the little numbers)
Civilizations
  • Assyria
    • Royal Library: Properly provides +20% Science during Golden Age.
  • Arabia
    • One Thousand and One Nights+: Completing a Historic Event increases your science and culture from +1 to +2.
    • Bazaar+: +1 Faith to Merchants.
      • A buff to its UB should make up for the market buffs and the UA should make up for the reworks to the Medieval Trees.
  • Austria
    • Hussar: Upgrades to its respective Cavalry instead of the Light Tank as due to its replacement.
  • Japan
    • Sakoku: All Melee, Gun, Mounted, and Armored units trained by city gain the Eight Virtues of Bushido Promotion. Civs without Trade Routes from you cannot send you Trade Routes and have a -50% Tourism penalty with you. (The first UA relies on a Lua system, very experimental!)
    • Dojo+: When units from their origin city with a Dojo promote, gain Culture and Science based on their current level.
    • Dojo-: All Melee, Gun, Mounted, and Armored units trained in the city gain the Eight Virtues of Bushido Promotion
      • Tested out what users suggested in future Japan. AI actually underperformed with this change, change reverted.
  • Indonesia
    • Candi: Provides +2 Gold to Oasis like its replacement
  • Maya
    • Atlatlist+: Retain their unique promotion upon upgrade.
      • Most other UU retained their unique promotion, let's test with this.
  • Portugal
    • Mare Clausum+: When your Trade Units move, receive Science, Gold, and Great Admiral Points (for Cargo Ships), or Great General Points (for Caravans) from +5 to +6.
      • A minor buff, shouldn't hurt make them too strong.
Corporations
Policies
  • Fealty (Default Revision)
    • Opener+: -10% Boredom
    • Scaler+: -5% Boredom
    • Scaler-: +1 Gold, +1 Production, and +1 Food in every City.
    • Serfdom+: +3 Food in every City.
    • Divine Right+: +3 Gold in every City.
    • Divine Right-: -25% Boredom.
    • Burghers+: +3 Production in every City.
    • Finisher-: Cities that follow your Majority Religion produce from +3 to +1 of every Yield.
      • Fealty is promoted as a wide tree and needs to be promoted as one. The scaler was reworked to supplement Wide's weakness in which boredom would overcome them to lose a Cultural Victory and its old scaler moved to other aspect of the tree would make Divine Right less appealing and automatic to pick right away.
  • Fealty (Alternative Revision, delete original file and rename to the deleted file to have this change)
    • Scaler-: +1 Production and +1 Food in every City.
    • Burghers+: +2 Production in every City.
  • Statescraft
    • Opener: +50% to +75% Yields from City-State Rewards.
    • Scaler+: Every World Congress Session, gain 1 Culture, Science, and Gold based on the number of Delegates you control, scaling with Era.
    • Exchange Markets+: +2 Happiness for every Trade Route. (Venice might be too happy with this...)
      • Was proposed and well-received while the opener received a buff to compensate for the rewards reduction.
  • Industry
    • Mercantilism+: +2% Science and Culture from Markets, Caravansaries, Customs Houses, Banks, and Stock Exchanges.
    • Mercantilism-: +2 Science and +2 Culture from every Customs House, Bank, and Stock Exchange.
    • Division of Labor+: +5% Production and Gold from Windmills, Workshops, and Factories.
    • Divison of Labor-: +2 Production and +1 Gold from Windmills, Workshops, and Factories.
      • This is Gazebo's intended changes.
  • Imperialism
    • Scaler+: Your military forces are 10% more effective at intimidating City-States
    • Martial Law+: Occupied cities receive a +25% Production.
    • Exploitation+: Fishing Boats gain +1 Food and +1 Production.
    • Exploitation-: Your military forces are +25% more effective at intimidating City-States.
      • Industry would be too good for warmongering empires as they can easily start purchasing stuff in their conquered cities, so Imperialism gets a minor buff to their tree to compensate.
  • Rationalism
    • Enlightenment+: +10% Science and Growth in Cities during "We Love the King Day"
      • Rationalism relied too much on happiness and needed at least one source of bonus that wasn't dependent on such.

Last edited:
I appreciate the effort, but isn't this exactly what Vox Populi is doing? If there is community consensus around balance issues, it seems it would be more efficient to have them addressed in VP rather than having a divergent modmod to fix them.

I appreciate the effort, but isn't this exactly what Vox Populi is doing? If there is community consensus around balance issues, it seems it would be more efficient to have them addressed in VP rather than having a divergent modmod to fix them.
Gazebo can't update like he used to because of RL work as always, so we might get updates in... a week or so which is not bad but the modmod is meant to complement with whatever the version it was meant for not to be used in future versions that existed after the said date to hotfix any problem and experiment some cool features.

This wasn't meant to replace Gazebo's updates, but rather hotfix them if a hotfix cannot be done.

Can you pick which changes you want by editing the mod file? Or is it all or nothing?

Can you pick which changes you want by editing the mod file? Or is it all or nothing?
You can pick, just delete whatever file changes in the adjustion was made like say if you don't like the Japan/Fealty changes, you can just delete the file Japan/Fealty.

However, there are core files that aren't separated because it was meant to be fixed either way such as the Austrian and Indonesian changes.

I'll provide justification for Fealty however. Since it was meant to be played as a wide tree, the changes were made to appeal toward more wide players.

Last edited:
I understand why this exists, and I appreciate the effort, but it does feel a bit like an usurpation of the CBO's role. If you'd prefer to take over the CBO I'm happy to oblige, but I don't think we need both a balance mod and a balance mod mod.

G

I will say that allowing the atlatlist to keep its promotion on upgrade is a huge buff to the maya. They are in a good spot right now so it needs to be balanced with a nerf in another area.

I understand why this exists, and I appreciate the effort, but it does feel a bit like an usurpation of the CBO's role. If you'd prefer to take over the CBO I'm happy to oblige, but I don't think we need both a balance mod and a balance mod mod.

G

It is a good idea to have a backup plan for the mod so that there is somebody with the skills can continue to adjust the mod and learn software skills.
It is also good to have an "unofficial" balance version running alongside an "official" balance version.
This thread should have been called the "unofficial balance patch" and all would have been cool.

That said, the "official" version would be good to turn around roughly every two weeks because that would be the minimum time to collect sufficient opinions and data - and we aren't even at two weeks for the official version any way.

Cheers.

G

That said, the "official" version would be good to turn around roughly every two weeks because that would be the minimum time to collect sufficient opinions and data - and we aren't even at two weeks for the official version any way.
Answered it for me. I'm not taking responsibility for the CBO's role at all. I just wanted to share this out for people who prefer a more perfect game as the Austrian upgrade bug ruined my Austria hussars upgrade path and had to start over from scratch again in another random test game.

This might be a good test ground, something like more frequent patches, more stuff to test, +additional ideas to think about

I really dont like the change of fealty in order to "soft" nerf it although fealty just need a hard nerf and keep the same scaler so no policy gets its weight increased by the addition of vase yield.
Remove production or food and keep the tree as it is.
You will still get production or food from the finisher

I really dont like the change of fealty in order to "soft" nerf it although fealty just need a hard nerf and keep the same scaler so no policy gets its weight increased by the addition of vase yield.
Remove production or food and keep the tree as it is.
You will still get production or food from the finisher
That's fair, I introduced an alternative revision that can be replaced by deleting the file name.

How about those religious buildings...

If anything could be done to improve such a cool game it's add more to religions. Make a actually use them more gooder

How about those religious buildings...

If anything could be done to improve such a cool game it's add more to religions. Make a actually use them more gooder
Huh?

Enginseer, why just don't do fixes in main project? Install another modmod is not a good solution. Then Gazebo will take your fixes and recompile the main project...
And if u will do it in main project, then we will see just your posts(instead of Gazebos) with hotfix updates in "new version" threads :king:
Don't be lazy to use GitHub advantages :grouphug:

Enginseer, why just don't do fixes in main project? Install another modmod is not a good solution. Then Gazebo will take your fixes and recompile the main project...
And if u will do it in main project, then we will see just your posts(instead of Gazebos) with hotfix updates in "new version" threads :king:
Don't be lazy to use GitHub advantages :grouphug:
I already did that. Core fixes are pull requested, but doesn't mean they're automatically update.

Non-core fixes like balance developments can't be pull-requested because they're not exactly approved yet.

So you are continuosly updating this? Also, Gazebo has said that he is olanning on increasing late game purchase costs. Shouldn't that be in here as well?

Top Bottom