The hottest year.

Urederra

Mostly harmless
Guess which one was the hottest year since 1880?

2006?
2005?
1998?

Nope...

[size=+2]NASA admits to error in global warming data[/size]
NASA has admitted to a data error that skewed temperatures since 2000.

According to the new estimates, the hottest year since 1880 is 1934 instead of 1998, which is now second. 1921 is now third, followed by 2006, 1931, and 1999.

The error was brought to NASA's attention by Steve McIntyre, a Canadian blogger for Climate Audit.

NASA has admitted to a data error that skewed temperatures since 2000.

According to the new estimates, the hottest year since 1880 is 1934 instead of 1998, which is now second. 1921 is now third, followed by 2006, 1931, and 1999.

The error was brought to NASA's attention by Steve McIntyre, a Canadian blogger for Climate Audit.

McIntyre criticized NASA for not making a formal announcement on the change.

"They have managed it rather poorly," The Guardian quoted McIntyre as saying. "I come from a background where you have to announce bad results. They might not like the fact they made a small embarrassing error but if it was me I'd have announced the results and put the best spin on it that I could. I would not have left myself open to the suggestion that I was not being forthcoming."

NASA said that accusations from climate skeptics of a cover up are unfounded, according to CanWest News Service.

follow the link for the full article and the opinions....

Well... McIntyre is one of the guys who corrected Mann's hockey stick graph, and without being a climatologist, (his major is mathematics, IIRC) has also corrected NASA.

Three hurrahs for the Canadian...

hip, hip...

So?

Unfortunatly, there is far more evidence for global warming than an error in a NASA tempature map...

Point is NASA screwed up, what else is new?

My grandpa talked about that summer from time to time whenever we had a hot year. I remember talking to him about it in 1980 when we had that heat wave. Pretty brutal year, apparently.

Thankfully the mistake and corrections werent that bad.
The correct graph in all its uhhh correctness

Think Progress huh?

There's a partisan site...

Think Progress huh?

It's a partisan graph!! :run:

Never mind that it was just uploaded there it didn't actually originate from it.

If you come closer I'll tell you a secret, the whole graph is about a change of just 1 degree c, which is nothing, those damn scientists trying to confuse us with thier fancy graphs and "scientific method" and whatnot, well I for one will not fall for this trickery and whithcraft I tell you what!

:mischief:

I don't particularly fancy returning to the climatological conditions of the 30s, though, at least not in the United States. Dust Bowl, anyone?

Humans, factories, and other things that cause the "false" global warming existed in the 1930's too...

Thankfully the mistake and corrections werent that bad.
The correct graph in all its uhhh correctness

That graph must have been done before the error was corrected, since now the hottest year is 1934, according to NASA. :D

Think Progress huh?

Facts:
  • NASA commited an error with the data and, after correction, the hottest year is 1934, not 1998, both years are from the previous millenium.
  • NASA didn't make a huge press release to let us know the error, nor the major news agencies have spread the news

So, who is being more partisan, the sites that publish the news or the ones that don't?

WELL, I GUESS GLOBAL WARMING IS A MYTH THEN.

Oh wait, no.

and how come it is an anomaly, in first place?

Anomaly comparing to what?

EDIT: BTW this is a corrected graph...

note the Y axis.

that's US temperature, other graph is global land-ocean index

Ok MY bad My Bad
I should have posted BOTH the graphs or explained the graph I posted.
The changes I wanted to show was that a single "error" leading into a complete recalculation of the tempature graph actually had minimal effect.

Heres the US graph with the corrections as pointed out.
and the graph I posted shows how this Us correction is having on the "globel warming" scientific evidence.

Please people keep in mind that Globel warming is natural and cyclical as scientist agree it is that people "INFLUENCE" that warming and are not the "SOLE CAUSE" of it.

EDIT: My humble apologies for any confusion

Top Bottom