The Hundred Years' War

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Le Sage, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Genghis Dhan

Genghis Dhan Chieftain

Roaring Lion, I'm also having problems. I followed Le Sage's advice, in his response above to my first post. But still, when I see the "Hundred Years War" listed in the mods and boot it, the game comes back but gives me the standard BTS array of choices for starting a game, with no reference to "Hundred Years War." Not seeing it among any of the scenario options. By the way, Le Sage, the menu options are now not grayed out. You noted above that they should be. I also saw I'd previously had it installed in the "My Games" folder where it shouldn't be. I deleted it all, downloaded it again, and did the drag-and-drop you noted (most mods I just download and extract from desktop to BTS/Mods.) One thing I'm wondering though - shouldn't there be some huge 100-meg file associated? This is just downloading some .rar file that shows at 4 or 6 megs.

2. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

It seems the file is no longer available online, as there's a File not Found. I will reupload it during the day and keep you posted.

The Hundred Years' War was only a couple of megs in size really. It only has a handful of unique units. There are several maps in there though, unique leader portraits and so on.

3. JMV

JMV Warlord

All links seem broken. Can't DL anything from Post 1 to end.

4. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Click the Header in the first post. It then takes you to FileFront where the file is downloadable. It worked for me.

5. JMV

JMV Warlord

Thanks, but Nope, it doesn't...

6. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Geez! Actually you're right. Damn FileFront again. I will upload it again, to a more trustworthy site this time. I don't have it on this computer, so I need to get my old one going, and it might take a while.

7. JMV

JMV Warlord

OK, I'll wait, no problem.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

StrategyInformer works wonders for me. (Also very easy to link old files to updates.)

http://www.strategyinformer.com/

;)

9. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Yeah. I have Fairy Tale on StrategyInformer too, but I think I'll put The Hundred Years' War on ModDB.

I think I'll make a Hundred Years' War mod for Civ5 the first thing I do when starting to mod that one as well.

10. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Okidoke. (Though I DLed Fairy Tale from ModDB.) ;)

11. JMV

JMV Warlord

Could you manage to upload your Mod anywhere ?

12. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Yes. It's on ModDB, but it is still in moderation queue. I'll get back to you when it is cleared.

I needed to put it on modDB, so it won't just disappear like on crappy FileFront any more.

13. JMV

JMV Warlord

Thanks, anytime.

14. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Re-uploaded File

OK. The Hundred Years' War has been re-uploaded. This in honour of Civ5, and because I plan to create a Hundred Years' War mod for the new game as well.

Here's The Hundred Years' War for Civ4 on ModDB.

15. JMV

JMV Warlord

Thank you Le Sage for uploading anew your mods.

I was going :) as I load the game,...: ( BUT... :( )
    Start up Civilization as usual, and from the main menu choose "Advanced". Then choose "Load a Mod" and select "The Hundred Years' War" from the menu. The game then restarts, and when it has done so, select "Single Player Game", ( in fact it doesn't show "Single Player Game ) and "Play a Scenario" in the menu
    Then curiously I get a blank science advisor screen while the cursor shows the little earth planet as it is searching. Then after 30 Secs I get your wonderfully detailed map.
    The only problem is that there is no interface at all !! I mean I can even click on a city, and get into the city map, but in both cases all control buttons that are around your normal map or city map have disappeared.. I mean for example there are no bars for food production or hammers, you can't actually see any production at all or what you produce, no culture, health, happyness resources indication, scores etc just the main map, or the city map when you click on it, NOTHING ELSE :cry:
    Sorry for the bad news, but than you for uploading. Hope it works fine for the others
    Some help would be nice :)

16. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Here are a couple of things to start out with... Have you installed it correctly to the Mods folder in Beyond the Sword? It should NOT go in the MyGames folder. Do you have Civilization patched to 3.19?

The Hundred Years' War mod was pretty basic, so it shouldn't be causing problems, but it may actually be a matter of installation path (that often screws Civ4 mods up).

17. JMV

JMV Warlord

Yes, it's installed in the right Folder... but no,
    I'm having an extensive discussion, on another thread because I can't seem to be able to patch to 3.19 and having problems with the BG,BAT,BULL Mods...
    So ok, I understand why it can't work on your side... I have to resolve the issue I have elsewhere first with that 3.19 patch

Will come back to you later when that is solved

Thank you for your answer :)

18. Le Sage

Le Sage Emperor

Ah OK. It's a matter of 3.19 then. Hope you solve it soon. :)

19. JMV

JMV Warlord

Problem solved. It's because I couldn't patch to 3.19. Then I had to reinstall, fix my problem with the BAT Mod, and now It's working fine. !! :):p
    Superb Mod, Superb Maps, and a good knowledge you have of french geography, which is not always the case with every mod... Thanks, very nice to play.

20. JMV

JMV Warlord

I also like your idea of naming barbarian towns with French provinces old denomination ( Guyenne, Poitou, Marche, etc...) + you have located them right. Even load of French people don't remember them...
    Well done.:king: