The Huns are in the game...

AlessioCerci

Prince
in one of the random events. A relatively large horde of barbarians appear outside your border. Luckily i was still at the stage that they were unable to enter borders, so they just dispersed into the fog of war. But what if the event came a bit later; i think there were 6-7 archers there - imagine those headed for your capital defended by only 1-2 units!

(sorry i didnt have the prescence of mind to take a screenie)

The great wall didn't stop the Huns in Mulan. . .
Oh, nvm I misunderstood. I thought you meant you built the Great Wall, not that the game was too early for them to enter borders.

I was playing Darius and it happened to me after I took Ghandi's cities in the early game. I had just taken his second city removing him from the game and got some message about barbarian axeman wanting to wipe out civilization. I looked at the map and thought that the only place with fog was on the other side of my capital where I had a few Immortals. No problem.

Then 5 axeman appeared outside Bombay where I had two heavily wounded Immortals recovering. Bombay got razed.

They came to me later - two times. They came with 6 Axemen. Bit of a nasty shock as you can imagine.

I had this same random event happen once and I did own the Great Wall. My advisor said I'll feel the majority of the brunt from the barbarian hordes of horse archers, but actually I didn't feel any brunt because they couldn't enter my borders. But it actually turned out pretty well because I sent some spearmen out in the field to gather up the experience points.

Top Bottom