1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

The Huns for BtS

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by cool3a2, Jan 2, 2008.

1. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

The Huns for BtS!
    v3.0

Leaders:
    Attila
    Traits: Aggressive and charismatic

Ruga
    Traits: Expansive and organized

UU: Tarkan (replaces horse archer)
    bonus: starts with shock
    Spoiler :

UB: Hunlun Hunlu (replaces barracks)
    +1 :culture:
    +2 experience for mounted units
    Spoiler :

Units:
    Spoiler :

Citylist:
    Spoiler :
    Tapiomarton
    Segedin
    Sikambruk
    Turuk
    Hunuk
    Akatziruk
    Kutrigur
    Sabir
    Utigur
    Suvar
    Kevi
    Antes
    Sklavenir
    Bastarnuk
    Suebir
    Aduni
    Jegi
    Egerseg
    Telikhi
    Laiduni
    Bastetir
    Tesongadi
    Dorgathegi
    Khalatir
    Suchongadi
    Livi

Contains unique unit and diplomacy sounds (the latter is from Cybrxkhans collection).
    All civilopedia entries in! Will support hungarization of civ4 / all new texts (if I haven't forgot one) have been translated to hungarian.

DOWNLOAD
    Added white flag fix - for users that see a white flag only! For download link, see mod description in the download database thread (follow the default link that is given above...).

Thanks to:
    - Ekmek and nitram for the animated LHs
    - Bakuel for unit art, GeoModder and Walter Hawkwood for citystyle and some building art
    - strategyonly for the files the flag and the button are based on and for finding that horrible bug
    - Cybrxkhan for the diplomacy sounds
    - Aranor for the units the tarkan is based on
    - Terror666 for the units' sounds
    - Dachs for his suggestions for the citylist
    - phungus420 for the installer script

corresponding thread on the hungarian forum (civ4.road2us.com) here

Bakuels hun units​

DOWNLOAD

2. Kabcsi

Kabcsi Warlord

nice work again cool3a2! congrats!
    újabb szép munka :)

3. esnaz

esnaz King

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I moved what i did to another thread of mine.:p(Future)

5. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

6. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Deity

1. Rename the Hun Horse Archer as "Tarkan" and make it have +2 strength against cities.

2. Add Bleda the Hun.

3. Make the Unique Building Unique, not Mongol. I recommend Stable (Replaces Barracks and provides +5 exp. for new cavalry units).

7. medwarth100

medwarth100 Chieftain

I agree that the UB shouldn't be the same as the mongols. Hmm perhaps a version the stables that gave all mounted units created in the city City Raider promotion?

As with the UU, not the same as the mongols either. I imagine a slightly cheaper of the horse archer, little actual change, but supercheap, enabling one the spit out a real barbarian horde.

8. troytheface

troytheface Deity

both those UU and UU change suggestions above sound reasonable.

But simply a cheaper horse (50 hmmr) would just make it a better UU than the Keshik. Cheaper /weaker doesn't make much sense either.
    The Numidean gets a melee bonus/starts with Flanking but no ignore terrrain.
    Maybe the Huns could have a ignore terrrain and Shock.

9. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

How about using the somewhat more Turkish/Hunnic looking Eurasian Horseman as a replacement for the chariot. The art is already included in BTS. Look for ART_DEF_UNIT_HORSEMAN_EURASIAN in XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

10. strategyonly

I like all these ideas, keep them coming.

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:thumbsup: Great leaderhead! Interesting suggestions by medwarth100 and troytheface as well. (I remember the Tarkan from Age of Empires.) The shock promotion seems like a good choice. No need to change the name of the UU building though; Huns and Mongols are related tribes, reportedly.

@Wyz_sub10: are there any plans to include this one in CIV Gold 4.0?

12. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

Yes, the Huns will be included.

13. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

:) Great!!! (I feel a scenario coming on...)

14. The_Reckoning

The_Reckoning Prince

How about a Str 8 Tarkan? It'd essentially be an elephant with 2 moves and no bonus against cavalry, which doesn't require Ivory.

Maybe replacing elephant

15. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

I am glad to see that a lot of people show interest for this mod / civ and even make suggestions to improve it. As I said before I haven't much time right now. I think I can start to mod again in march only. But nevertheless I'd like to give some statements. Firstly I have to say you are right about the UU and the UB. It's a bit boring that they are the same like the mongols. I'd never really planed to keep this. It's just that I wanted to finish a first version so that there is something to start with for possible other modders and of course to begin some kind of brain storming. So I thought I use the Mongols stuff for the moment, because they are the closest culture to the Huns. The Hunish leaders are maybe more problematic. The animated leaderhead fits very well to the picture I've choosen for him, although it looks european. Actually I found 3 different pictures of him. One were he looks european, a second in asian look and the first is the one that came with the original version of the mod where you can't decide if he looks european or asian. Since non of us know him personally, it's okay to keep him european, I think. Maybe he could be a bit younger (don't think he was very old when he died) and have dark brown hair. But these are minor problems, maybe somebody has the necessary time and wants to make some changes to the skin. A second leader for the Huns is maybe more difficult. I didn't have the time for reading a lot about Hun leaders, but I think Rua / Ruga / Rugila (maybe we could decide for one version of the name) was more important than Bleda, who wasn't too old when he died. Bleda simply had not enough time to reach something. Although some sources say Buda (part of Budapest) originally got its name from him. But anyway who we would decide for: we have no picture from them. I've already done a search for that some weeks ago, but all I could find was Attila. Ideas?
    Lastly maybe we could do some work on the flag. Actually I am not satisfied with one of these two flags. The style of the flags are both okay, but I don't like these colours. You know: brown isn't far away from black, and yellow isn't from white. For me it isn't easy to recognize what the flags show (yeah... my eyes aren't very good, that's right). Don't know how it would look if we change the yellow from the second flag to brown or green...

16. strategyonly

17. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

Maybe you can offset the white a bit and add some gray. Even if it makes it historically inaccurate.

18. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Or maybe use a bit darker yellow...

BTW: Connection between Turks and Huns? That's new for me...

19. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Well this looks promising.

20. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

I added my attila to the rar that strategyonly posted and made a few xml changes.