The Huns

i don't know about this. you are complaining about bad RNG, things being badly balanced and missfortunes about few hammers handicap, yet you challenged a guys who regularly win deity difficulty and used to live on that difficulty. I don't see away how you could enjoy such a game.

i don't know about this. you are complaining about bad RNG, things being badly balanced and missfortunes about few hammers handicap, yet you challenged a guys who regularly win deity difficulty and used to live on that difficulty. I don't see away how you could enjoy such a game.

That is SP, that has absolutely nothing at all to do with MP ... !

As a professional oddsmaker I have to ask about odds before placing a bet. If it's evens with 1% margin, I'm all in for ElliotS ;)

yet you challenged a guys who regularly win deity difficulty and used to live on that difficulty
SP success doesn't mean Moderator Action: <SNIP> , in fact it lowers MP skill because you get used to strategies that don't work in MP (because they just exploit AI flaws)

Moderator Action: Please help us keep the site family friendly by using appropriate language. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I have to ask about odds before placing a bet.
Basically odds are determined by bets on both sides. Winners get combined bet pool of losing side which is then divided between winners based on percentage of bet of every winner in total winning bet pool (so who bet more won more).

Last edited by a moderator:
SP success doesn't mean Moderator Action: <SNIP> , in fact it lowers MP skill because you get used to strategies that don't work in MP (because they just exploit AI flaws)
Keep telling yourself that. My experience with MP has very consistently showed that Deity players are heads and tails above lower ranked people. I suppose I'll just prove that tomorrow though, so I don't really mind if you ignore me for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator Action: That will be the end of the discussion of betting. It is not allowed on site.
The site is also not the place for trash talking. Please find another place to discuss your MP game in those terms.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I think the 25hp on captured units is quite a good modification. @Gazebo , have you perhaps considered adjusting the Huns' UA so it would only work on Major Civ's units and not Barbs&CityState units?

Eki is still far stronger, earlier and easier placeable than any other UI, and grows even more powerful over ages, it does not make sense for some horse camps to be a production powerhouse. It should lose 1 production IMO. Or at least culture.

Eki is still far stronger, earlier and easier placeable than any other UI, and grows even more powerful over ages, it does not make sense for some horse camps to be a production powerhouse. It should lose 1 production IMO. Or at least culture.
This would make Huns much more 1 dimensional. I would rather see nerfs in other places if still needed. Also Huns UU is in the lower-tier, which is especially noteworthy considering it's not a late UU.

Also this would hurt AIs more than humans by pushing Hun power more towards war.

Also Moai is really, really good and totally competes if not beats it.

how about nerfing the units the huns recieve through the UA?, reducing their combat strength to make them like cannon fodder, it could work as the civilian slavery promotion as they lose that bad promotion when x turns pass.

how about nerfing the units the huns recieve through the UA?, reducing their combat strength to make them like cannon fodder, it could work as the civilian slavery promotion as they lose that bad promotion when x turns pass.
Captured units lose all leveled promotions and start with 25HP. I'd say this is harsh enough.

Top Bottom