1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Iberian Conflict - An RFC Scenario

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by The Turk, Oct 10, 2010.

1. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

The Iberian Conflict

Welcome to this new scenario of RFC which I hope, will give you, the player, a fun filed, action packed, historically accurate, history of Medieval Iberia. But please take note that, this mod IS NOT about having a historical deterministic game, but rather, it should add a new dimension to playing RFC, by adding many events, and scripted occurrences. This mod should give the player a generally more historical friendly game in the expanse of Iberia.

It is also important to note, that for the time being, only these Civilizations will be playable:
    Spanish
    Portuguese
    Al-Andalus

Also the entire game will be done on Marathon Speed, so I can therefore add in many new events, with the slower time scale.
    If you played Baldyr's Spartacus scenario, its much the same, but instead on a larger scale and focusing on Medieval Iberia.

And please, if you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to post on this thread. In fact your ideas would be most helpful, to the development of this mod :)

Features:

Alpha v0.1
    Spoiler :

For my first version, I won't start playing around with Iberia yet, but I will be changing the world around them to fit the scenario's needs, by adding extra cities, and changing a few resources around as well.
    • Added more cities to Europe
    • Add Christian Missionaries to European Civilizations
    • Changed the Arab UP to delete pre-existing religions in any conquered city
    • Make Baghdad spawn in 760 AD, in the spot right between the Tigris and Euphrates river. And have it flip to the Arabs
    • Have the Ottomans spawn with 3 Muslim Imams, have Mali spawn with 2 Muslim Imams
    • New Music

Releases:
    Nothing yet.

Credits:
    Rhye - Maker of Rhye's and Fall of Civilization
    Baldyr- Continuously my biggest help, without his modding skills, this mod wouldn't have started, and of course his PyScenario, which is what this mod is based on.
    Embryodead - Creator of the RFC Epic/Marathon Mod

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Sounds cool, I'd really like to see your results :)

On question though, will you use the RFC world map?

And maybe you should consider to allow at least epic game speed, Marathon is quite tiring for many people.

*Waiting for releases*

3. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Thanks!
    Yes it will be on a RFC World Map, as although I would like to create a whole new map, I cannot, due to my lack of skill :(
    Actually I'm happy you brought that up, because I realized that Marathon speed also annoys me. Thats why I'm going to use Marathon speed BUT, I'm going to try and speed up construction/recruitment speeds, so that we keep the same time scale, but units/buildings will be created faster, sounds good?

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

You can look on the forums for a iberian map. IIRC, there are some good ones around.

5. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

I mean I know there are really nice Iberia maps out there; the problem is that I don't know how to implement them into this scenario. I know SoI, RFCA, RFCE all did it, but I really don't know how to do it.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

That would be better :)

For the map ... why not base your modmod on RFCEurope instead? Granted, then it'd become a modmodmod :)p), but you would get a map, overlay maps and a lot of art for free.

7. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

I believe that he is doing some scripting with PyScenario. Making a scenario with historical events for another mod would require some actual Python skill. Or a code monkey.

8. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Or someone who makes PyScenario compatible with RFCE :mischief:

Just kidding :D

9. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Ya I'm doing it pretty much all in Pyscenario, and so far it only works with modding RFC normal. But no problem, I would like to add more tiles though, as in changing coastal tiles to land tiles, so if anyone could tell me how to do that, that would be great! :)

But think about Baldyr's Spartacus mod, on a larger scale ;)

900th Post!! :lol:

10. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

So what I'm curious about is the actual events you're planning for this. Like on what dates they happen and so on?

11. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Well I want to pat down the time scale and the outside world, before I start concerning myself JUST with Iberia. Because first I need to setup the stage and make sure the outside world runs smoothly. And currently we're already having troubles spawning Baghdad, so I rather take it slowly. Later I'll probably come to you for help on scripting A LOT of events ;)

12. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

This should be interesting...

13. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Unfortunately, adding new tiles would require to modify the settler maps in the DLL or everyone will be unstable there and the AI won't settle those tiles ...

14. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

I'm quite literally only adding 6 (or an optional 7th tile) more tiles to the game, right along the coast of Portugal, thats it. So I would only have to play around with the Portuguese and Spanish and also the Arab Settler maps (which I'm using for the Moors), so it shouldn't be THAT hard, if you could tell me how to do it, PLEASE e-mail me here:
    the.turkciv@gmail.com
    Thanks!
    I also attached a photo here, which I quickly did on world builder. Basically I added 6 extra tiles to the game, and I made some mountains hills, but basically I need to be able to know how to move around the settler map. My optional tile (depending on how hard this is), would be an extra tile in the North West of the country, so kind of jutting out of the Iberian peninsula

@AOS9001
    Thanks for your interest!

Attached Files:

15. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Well, if you need some simple DLL changes like maps, let me know. What civ is Al-Andalus replacing?

16. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

Carthage is the only sound option.

17. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

I believe he stated that he would base Al-Andalus on Arabia? :confused:

18. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Thanks for your help! I will definitely be needing help sooner or later ;)

Yes, it will be replacing Carthage, and simply, it will have different names as times go by, depending on certain events.

19. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

I believe that the code responsible for the dynamic names is also in the SDK, so you might wanna fix that before you recompile a new DLL.

20. The Turk

The Turk Chieftain

Oh really? Ok then, I'll have to do that as well. If someone could please teach me how to use SDK, to transform sea tiles to land tiles especially, that would be great!