The Immortal Alphabetical Game #4 - Askia

budweiser

King of the Beers
Welcome to The Immortal Alphabetical Game #4

I'm posting this now because Darkest Dungeon launches on Tuesday and I will be focused on that.

Map type & settings:
Spoiler :
Continents

The fun part:
Chivalrous Warlord - Mounted variant, ne melee beyond the starting warrior. 1 Point for each level of your starting warrior at game's end. The cross-bow is completely un-civilized. You would NEVER use one.

African Warlord - 1 point for every annexed city in your empire on your stating continent at game's end. 2 points for any puppet on your continent.

Golden Age of Africa - No DoW after the first turn of you first GA until you choose an ideology. Must make peace at first opportunity if a GA happens during war in this phase. A civ may still DoW you. 1 Point for every GA after that. 2 Points if its an extended GA. 3 Points for each city founded during a GA.

Starting zone:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• IAGAskia_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    523.5 KB · Views: 104
I opened this, and the start didn't look like the start in the spoiler. I like the one in the spoiler better.

Hold on. I hope I didnt overwrite that one...

OK, found it! Coming right up. -- Its the right one now.

Excellent achievements! I'm really enjoying what people are coming up with. I am still in the middle of the Alex game, so will take a while to catch up.

Excellent achievements! I'm really enjoying what people are coming up with. I am still in the middle of the Alex game, so will take a while to catch up.

Well thanks!

It looks like GR and I will alternate odds and evens on this series for a bit. That means I will post Rome next. Look for it towards the end of this month.

:)

I don't understand chivalrous warlord

Mounted means that you cannot build any melee or gunpowder units. You mostly rely on horse, but range and artillery are allowed (except crossbows). To get the points, your starting warrior has to survive until the end (he can be upgraded). Then what ever experience level he gets is how many points.

Sorry, its complicated and full of role playing bias.

I'm still on deck with Indonesia later, but could certainly do Rome. It might be nice to get a culture-type game for Rome.

Question about chivalrous warlord: What about melee or gunpowder units gifted by cs? Can we keep them or do we have to give them away? The latter seems more in keeping with the spirit of what you wrote.

T100
Spoiler :
I'm off to what seems like a good start. Although liberty looks very viable here, I went Tradition as that's what I'm more comfortable with. Stole workers from Venice and a cs. Debated taking Venice, but decided against it as I feared it would be put me too far behind in science to have to tech cbows and horses right away. i managed to build ToA, HG, and Oracle along with NC in capitol. So much food and production. Fun so far.

Scouts are OK. You should get rid of gifted melee or gunpowder units.

T311 SV

Spoiler :
- 53 achievement points: chivalrous warlord - 4; african warlord - 37 (18 puppets and Venice annexed); goldenage of africa - 12 points (six extended golden ages)

did a 4 city tradition. debated either taking venice before first ga then turtling until ideology, but decided to just go full turtle. in hindsight, that was perfectly reasonable, as when I went to puppet the cs that he bought, i didn't incur cs anger. Since you start next to venice, i knew I didn't have to be in a big rush, so I built ToA in capital while the 1st expo build the settlers for the other two. Once I also build HG, I knew I had this in the bag. Got science so fast.

Went full tradition, full rationalism, full commerce, then order. I thought I would run into happiness cap before I could puppet the whole continent, but I had 18 puppets and still had 10 happiness. order is very good.

fighting with no gunpowder units was fun. I can see it would suck if you don't have oil, since without gunpowder, once you get to combustion, you need landships and tanks to take cities. good thing there was plenty of oil. Since I got such a tech lead while turtling for ideology, war was super easy.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I went for a 2 expo liberty rush with CB and took the continent fairly quickly but had to wait some turns for Astronomy. Fairly illiterate and low-culture game, I didn't even finish the Honor tree.

I tried to play a fairly standard game and not pander too much to the achievements that were spammable, so achievement score could have been higher. After rechecking the achievements I realize that a DomV may not have been the goal here:) I figured Bud was setting us up for pure cavalry warfare and thought it would be fun to try spamming Mandelakus. The main challenge was conquest without Xbows or gunpowder units. CBs were hardly doing damage at the end, so even with Trebuchets capturing cities was fairly slow. My religion wasn't really doing much, so I took Just War and converted target cities for the 20% bonus.

Chivalrous: 5 pts. My starting warrior is in the screenshot, he ended up at level 5
A. Warlord: 7 pts.

I've got a really fun game ready for Augustus-Rome, which I assume will be in a little over a week...?

I think I will execute a tradition turtle into Artillery Cavalry rush here. Let's see how it goes.

Edit: T302 DomV
8 puppets + 1 annex on continent = 17 points
Original warrior upgraded to spear on ruin, ended up as level 4 Lancer = 4 points
Awful happiness after ideologies, so 0 points for golden ages
Total: 21 points
Spoiler :

Original lancer had Medic 1 and 2, and was the designated bomber healer

Spoiler :
Chivalrous Warlord: original warrior upgraded to Lvl4 Mechanized Infantry (4 points)
African Warlord: 25 puppet cities on continent (50 points)
Golden Age of Africa: seven GAs, one extended GA (after acquiring Chichen Itza through conquest), two cities founded during 2nd GA (15 points)

Very typical game. Gandhi reaching information era T256, outputting near 600 Tourism, and sitting on three 38-44 pop 250-300 def cities with a 500K army. Oh wait..

The plan was to go for a Stealth Bomber rush to clear the continent thus allowing to puppet a maximum number of cities, while keeping happiness high for a maximum number of turns. This proved to be a wise choice for a different reason however as it allowed me to get rid of Gandhi who grew in a major threat to win the game. Luckily, Tombouctu was exactly 20 hexes away from a Byzantine city on the other continent allowing for a nice base of operation against India for my stealth bombers. All it took was a 100GPT bribe to Assyria, 2 nukes, 3 Modern Armors and 10 stealth bombers (with Air Repair & Lvl3 City Siege) to wipe out India's three main cities. I completely wiped him out after he had built his fifth Spaceship part (I also GE rushed the Great Firewall as I was the only non-influenced civilization by his tourism). I then proceeded to clear out the 25 remaining cities on my continent in about the same number of turns. After that, I had the choice of either conquering the last 3 capitals or clicking 'next turn' 15 times for the Diplomatic Victory. I chose the latter. Only five CS remained in play at the end of the game (29 delegates required to win) and since Gandhi had reached the information era so early and I had won every previous World Leader vote, I now had enough for the diplomatic win.

Civ5Screen0012.jpg

Top Bottom