The Immortal Alphabetical Game #5 - Attila

budweiser

King of the Beers
Welcome to IAG 5 Attila!

Map type & settings;
Spoiler :
Pangaea, standard, standard
OPPONENTS - Picked, just like Casamir's nose!

Starting Zone:
Spoiler :

Achievements:

Battering Ram: 1 pt for each age in which you capture a city. -10 pts if you skip the first age slacker!

Scourge of God: 1pt for every Holy city you capture.

Attila’s Court: 1pt for every city that is transferred to you in a peace deal across the whole game.

Note: It is possible to get multiple points for 1 city. A Holy city in a peace deal could be 2 or 3 points depending if it was the only city you got during that age (unlikely).

Good luck...

Attachments

• IAG5Attila.Civ5Save
    556.7 KB · Views: 119
Nice. I think, though, that the job will be done before the Ram can be used to get more than a few points, and Attila doesn't make peace deals. He burns...

Nice. I think, though, that the job will be done before the Ram can be used to get more than a few points, and Attila doesn't make peace deals. He burns...

You can set them all on fire, then 10 turns later take the cap. :lol:

OK sorry I'll be more specifc. My Attila doesn't make peace then burns. He burns and moves all the time...

OK sorry I'll be more specifc. My Attila doesn't make peace then burns. He burns and moves all the time...

Well, its kind of like an experiment.

My first victim would not give me a city.

My second victim would not give a city when I was at the gates of his cap. Only after I took it and threatened his second cap would he cough up a city.

Spoiler :

1 point because I already took a city that age.

Think I'm finally gonna play a game now :)

However, the achievements seem tailored for a longer game, Huns are far too vicious for that sort of thing, some of the players may be out before they can found really

I am so not good at this. I tried following the attilla deity dom guide. I think I have the build order, tech, and policy stuff down. I'm just too slow. T110 and I just conquered my second capital.

I look forward to seeing someone else's recap, with order of capitals they took and what turn they took them.

I may start over knowing what I know now about the AI and where they are on the map. Even though I've been slow, it's been fun!

I am so not good at this. I tried following the attilla deity dom guide. I think I have the build order, tech, and policy stuff down. I'm just too slow. T110 and I just conquered my second capital.

Don't despair. If you want a fast time, then the map has to be with you. The terrain in the screen shot looks pretty rough here. I also picked the opponents. Maybe this one will take longer.

I finished on turn 113 with 5 points. I took a ram in each era, plus two holy cities.

usual huns game, build nothing but units and obviously Ful Honor and spare policies in Liberty and Commerce

so far, turn 62, one capital and one city in a peace deal is secured. Rust is definitely showing :)

gave up eventually

Spoiler :

Too many Impis

The
Spoiler :
Impis
killed a lot of my Horse Archers but I had too many for them to handle. I still had 4 or 5 left when I took their capital. Did you pay them to attack
Spoiler :
Sejong
?

course not, I forgot all about it, haven't played a game in almost 2 months :lol:

also, please use spoiler tags for game specific details. I don't care really but some folks here can throw a fit

Crap! I had to rage quit.

I was doing great with the horse archers. I took 2 capitals to the right but the "guy who builds 20 cities" had a huge army by then. When I attacked him my archers were dealing 6-8 damage and he decimated me.

I was behind too much in tech.

I don't know how you guys do it...... :p

I also resigned. I did not build enough units. Took 2 caps, fought the guy to the west to a stand still and then my attack on the neighbor to the right failed. His cap was at zero, I needed one more unit...

That left me at war with the whole planet and about 3 units total. Oh well.

this map is actually not that different to what was posted in the ICL a while ago. All you need to do is

Spoiler :

have 2 forces of 6-8 Archers and 2 Horsemen/Rams per side and take out Zulus before they can spam Impis, the two guys to the far east are kind of pushovers against Archers with Logistics.

I was on par on the Eastern side but Impis formed a proverbial concrete wall forcing me to stop. Start the spree at around T50-60 and your new forces will catch up to your veterans soon

I do not recommend going for achievement #3 as it will slow you down considerably and speed is key!

Spoiler :
Battering Ram: Captured a city with the Battering Ram in the Ancient, Classic and Medieval eras (3pts)
Scourge of God: Captured 3 Holy Cities: Addis Ababa, Rabat, Warsaw (3pts)

First army: Moson Kahni (T56), Ulundi (T78), Seoul (T97)
Second army: Addis Ababa (T84), Babylon (T105), Marrakech (T118), Warsaw (T121)

My first army was too slow to come back in time to the eastern front (had to deal with some barbarians). Babylon had Goddess of Protection and Poland the Great Wall. Poland completely wiped out Morocco after one of my bribes. Casimir had seven cities and quite an army, but after my DoW plunged into heavy unhappiness (with the lack of my luxuries). Happiness was not a problem all game. I even entered in one Golden Age!

Note: I recommend taking Addis Ababa first. It has three pastures and is worth annexing for more Horse Archer production.

Civ5Screen0011.jpgCiv5Screen0017.jpg

I'm thinking here, that since it's just immortal, why not do a Liberty horse archer rush on the nearest enemy, kill another enemy with the horses in the Classical era, then tech Machinery, etc? All the way to XCOMS!

I'm thinking here, that since it's just immortal, why not do a Liberty horse archer rush on the nearest enemy, kill another enemy with the horses in the Classical era, then tech Machinery, etc? All the way to XCOMS!

I thought about that, but come on, you don't roll the Huns and wait for XCOMs

Top Bottom