The Immortal Alphabetical Game #5 - Attila

Resigned Turn 76.
I went for the west side first, and managed to kill Shaka. Unfortunately Ethiopia got a bit too annoying and I didn't have the happiness or units to keep going.

T137 DomV 6 points
Spoiler :

3 holy cities = 3 points
0 cities in peace deal = 0 points
Conquered cities in Ancient, Classical, Medieval = 3 points

t158 update
Spoiler :
I have made a number of mistakes and had terrible luck, but the game has been interesting to say the least! Ruins were mostly horrible, no Ram upgrades. I went E first, took out Ethiopia pretty easily, but kept Harar which affected happiness. I also lost a Ram and HA. Fully denounced, except by Mor who I hadn't met. Babylon fell easily, but he later got a religion, so I took Assad as well (more happy issues). Wailed on Poland, then DOW'd Mor, eliminated Poland, eliminated Mor, eliminated Babylon. I got several cities in peace which I razed. Messing around so long in the E really set me back! Constant Barb camps appearing, if I wait I never get any CS quests, so have some HAs around to clean them up.

Since Shaka hit Renn t100 I sort of gave up on the W, I had already been double DOW'd by him and Korea - so I started building some infrastructure and started NC for Arty. I had already built happy buildings, instead of just pumping out units, which is what you need to do with Attila. I had also laid down 2 Citadels, one to get 2 new lux SW of my cap, and one 2 tiles NW to weaken Impis, which never came (just Spears and Cats). Clearly he could have been rolled easily early. I wasn't able to bribe any wars, but eventually got Shaka to DOW Poc and Korea in a peace deal. Took Moson Kahni with GW easily with the help of Shaka, then DOW'd him t143. My veterans finally showed up, I should have had 2-3X the green troops to take him on...

Burned another Citadel for a killing floor S of Moson Kahni, and then moved S and W. Shaka started spamming cities at this point, such a pain, the rough terrain on this map has been terrible. Took 2 more expos of his, destroyed his Heroic Epic SW of Wellington! He then gave me 3 cities in peace, including 2 of his 3 core cities - yes! Game is basically over now, depends on if Korea has his UU waiting.

All the E cities have been crap, I got a total of one building in my first 3 conquests. I have left most puppeted to save on happy, but will soon annex and start pumping Knights, riding by Kilimanjaro for Alt Training on the way. My veteran units are so much better than green ones without it.

I think I have 11 points so far. I didn't get a road between my 2 core cities until t125, LOL! This has been my worst IAG by far.
Battering Ram: 1 pt for each age in which you capture a city. -10 pts if you skip the first age slacker!
I blew cereal and milk out my nose when I read this!

Phew, managed to finish a game after 2 months :D

Spoiler :

Finished on T134. Rather sloppy. I guess the rust is apparent.

1. Captured in Ancient, Classical and Medieval, so 3 there

2. Addis, Warsaw and Marrakech were holy, so 3 there

3. Morocco gave me one of their expos so just 1

Getting cities in peace deals is a drag as it makes you wait 10 turns.

Order of conquest:

Shoshone, didn't get to plant an expo because I got units up and stole the settler. Wiped out. Then moved on to Zulus because I don't want to see Impis. Burned one city and took the capital. Then moved down to Korea but had 2 armies at that point and advanced to Ethiopia. Burned their expo, a pair of Korean cities and took Seoul. At that point the Western army starts to pile on Logistics. Eastern army moves towards Babs, stalled a bit to farm xp and get the western army back. Took Babylon but denied a peace deal before as it would hold me back. It's around T90 at that point. Farmed Morocco a bit, got a city in a deal, burned it. It's T118. Hit Poland, their cap was exposed so I sniped them and then converged to Morocco after the peace expired on T128. Only took so long to move the units in.

Very fun game, I like the Huns a lot :)

Attachments

• hunfortunate.jpg
    hunfortunate.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 154
t181 DomV - 13 points!
Spoiler :
I took Ulundi about 3 turns after getting to Rennasisance via Gunpowder. Never even got a LS/Musket to the front lines! Both Seoul and Ulundi were hard to get at, my GG's were slow to get anywhere with all the rough terrain. I DOW'd Shaka before they got to Ulundi - he still had like 10 Impis, 3 Muskets, and several CB's. He had given me 3 cities in peace before I hit Korea, I razed all 3 but stopped razing Umgunmudlovgumjum at 2 pop to have a forward base to citadel from (had GW from Poc). The forest 1 tile SE of Ulundi was a pain for LOS, but I was also able to get some units NE. Got 2 citadels and it was game over.

I spent early turns getting a Shrine for God-King, and with lots of Religious allies, religion was decent - except my first GP didn't hit until -6 turns to go, WTF? I have never seen it get past -4, which sucks bad enough.

I almost built Machu (in hindsight, wish I had) and did get ND just before end. I had so many units (78) and roads (54) it was silly. Was unable to get any Harbor hook-ups, sadly. Very challenging game at times because of not attacking W earlier.
Spoiler :

Battering Ram: 3 pts (Ancient, Classical, Medieval)

Scourge of God: 2 pts (only 2 religions other than my own are founded anyway)

Attila’s Court: 2 pts (both cities offered in peace deals AFTER conquering capital. It is very inefficient to take peace before to maximize this score)

Spoiler :

Went for west side first after founding Shaka, so first target is Shoshone. Meanwhile planted expo close to Ethiopia for trade routes and later prepared for war on east side. All battles were done using Horse Archers and Battering Rams and 1 upgraded scout. In the end Machinery was researched despite doing an illiterate game, but too late to make any difference. Both east and west army combined for Warsaw who had good amount of units and GW so lost 2 HA, but otherwise it was very easy. Killed off Shaka since he only had 2 cities and didn't want to risk a backstab.

1st army:
Moson Khani 64 Ancient
Ulundi 82 Classical
Addis Ababa 94 Classical Holy city (1 city peace deal)
Seoul 98 Classical (1 city peace deal)

2nd army:
Babylon 111 Medieval
Marrakech 121 Medieval

Combined army:
Warsaw 131 Medieval Holy city

Spoiler :

Top Bottom