The Immortal Alphabetical Game #6-B - Augustus Caesar

Spoiler :

The Glory of Rome -- 20 points: Done

All Roads Lead To Rome -- 20 points: Done, made 2 legions for this purpose, took a while to connect my 9 cities so early gold was delayed.

Augustus, Wonder Whore -- 28 points:
Rome: Lourve, Broadway, Uffizi, Globe, Sistine, Big Ben, Brandenburg, CN Tower, Cristo Redentor, Eiffel, Forbidden Palace, Hagia Sophia, Hubble, Piza, Machu Picchu, Petra, Pyramids, ToA (18)
Neapolis: MoH, Pentagon, Porcelain (3)
Cumae: Sydney, GLH, Neuschwanstein, Oracle, SoL, Taj Mahal (6)
Ravenna: Great Firewall (1)

Citizenship, not Enslavement -- Done

Cultural Victory -- 10 points -- Done
No conquest -- 20 points -- Done
Civs Recalled to Life -- 15 points (Carthage, Mongolia, Assyria)
AI Cities Liberated -- 30 points (Carthage, Karakorum, Dur-Sharrukin, Assur, Nineveh, Nimrud) Plenty of wars except Huns razed most of their captured cities so points here were much lower than expected. I wasn't gonna waste too much effort trying to maximize score here. Possibly too many points were allocated here for a non domination victory.
CS Liberated -- 15 points (Budapest, Wellington, Kathmandu)

Total: 143

Obviously points can be increased by delaying culture victory but I don't see the point in that. So I never intentionally delayed building culture buildings or tourism generation.

9 city initial expansion guaranteed early AI aggression so I prepared for attack, eventually wasn't able to bribe them and attacked by Mongolia + Denmark. Mongolia was eliminated by AI eventually and settled peace with Denmark and later DoF once I influenced them. Later Japan + Huns also DoWed and I took the opportunity to liberate CS and AI from Huns including both Carthage and Mongolia. Shortly before winning, also DoWed Aztecs to liberate Assyria. Took all culture thus tourism increasing proposals, lost IG to Huns by a tiny margin unexpectedly but won WF.

Spoiler :

Nicely done! Kuddos to those who got the Roads achievement. Good point about the City Liberation points...
Spoiler :
I liberated 5 each of CS and AI cities, so I figured it would likely be balanced. In my game Khan really had a field day with the CS (5), so he and Monte kept Attila at bay. I was very surprised how poorly the other AI dealt with Khan, usually he starts to lose cities earlier.

Top Bottom