[RD] The impact on western nations of allowing in millions of Muslim "refugees"

Which do you prefer?

• The left should continue letting in millions of Muslims even if it means losing power.

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • The left should curtail the influx, cut down a bit.

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • No more Muslim immigration.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • The premise is wrong, the left can bring in millions of more Muslims and the effect will be small.

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Who? Someone coming to dinner granny?

Votes: 7 11.7%

• Total voters
Do you...do you understand what an ethnic state is?

Do you...do you understand what an ethnic state is?

Do you?

You're the one who is trying to say that, for example, England and France are not two distinct groups from each other. That they are not ethnicities.

Simply put, an ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities, such as common ancestral, language, social, cultural or national experiences.

[Y]our "point" about the conduct of the war AFTER the British sided against his atrocity doesn't change the fact that Hitler and his ethnic purity concept could have played to the English if they had been susceptible to it. Until that was established Hitler hoped they would be an ally, just like he hoped his ideas would bring the US to his side in pursuit of a permanent solution to their "African problem." Fortunately most countries didn't have enough people who would worship at that racist altar. Still don't, even though racism is once again raising its ugly head behind the mask of nativism.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all ethic English lived in the Kingdom of England, not all people living in the Kingdom of England were ethnic English. The distinction in France is even more pronounced; you're moving from a maybe 80% majority to a maybe 30% plurality. Head into anything with the name "Empire" attached and even that begins to seem like a Japan-level degree of cultural homogeneity.

You're the one who is trying to say that, for example, England and France are not two distinct groups from each other. That they are not ethnicities.

Simply put, an ethnic group or ethnicity is a category of people who identify with each other based on similarities, such as common ancestral, language, social, cultural or national experiences.
So are you not even familiar with the stereotypes surrounding Scots, or...?

It's many things, but ancestry is part of it.

No, ancestry can serve to transmit ethnic consciousness across generations, but being descended from one group of people or the other doesn't automatically qualify you as being part of any ethnic group. The child of an African and a Slav could be an ethnic Greek, were he raised by Greeks.

The child of an African and a Slav can be an ethnic Greek if he were raised in Greece.

No they can't. That's a concept that originated with the nation state, which was my original point. They would have been considered African, not Greek during that time. Today however, an African living in Greece would be considered Greek.

Do you?

Yes, and an ethnic state is one which represents an ethnicity. And none of the states from that map were representative of one ethnicity, but instead a wide array of different ones. As I noted above: the Dual-Monarchy of England and Scotland represented, at the very least 4, but probably more distinct ethnicities, as distinguished by different histories (Wales, Scotland, Ireland and England were all distinct entities until 200 years before 1700, with Scotland and Ireland still representing independent countries in the year in question), different languages (Scots, English, and Welsh), and different confessions (Scots Presbyterianism, English Anglicanism, and Irish Catholicism).

The reason the rise of the Nation-state is so pivotal is that it represented a break, not from ethnic states, but from Dynastic ones. Multi-ethnic states such as Great Britain, France, Spain, and Prussia in the 1800s began asserting an idea that there existed within their countries a larger identity which superseded the diverse ethnicities within the country's borders, and that the government represented the interests of that nation. Basically it said: yes you are [Bavarian, Prussian, Franconian, Alsatian, Hanoverian, etc.] but you are also German. And our state of Germany therefore represents you. The same happened in Italy, France, Britain, Spain, etc. It very rarely happened peacefully or willingly.

No they can't. That's a concept that originated with the nation state, which was my original point. They would have been considered African, not Greek during that time. Today they are considered Greek.

This is not true. Even communities as tight-knit as any modern ethnonation, like classical Athens, provided a means for foreigners to gain citizenship.

Do not insult other members, even in other languages. Please also provide translations of foreign language text.
Hey! A new field of claims that can't be substantiated. Too bad with your established lack of credibility such claims are entirely meaningless. That's why when you were new here I counseled for establishing and maintaining credibility rather than spewing obvious contradictions as if they wouldn't be noticed.

Credibility has to be built, not just grabbed with "claims of convenience" when the occasion arises.

Téigh tú suas ort féin.

Does that help clarify things a bit?

I think we left the topic went Civman started claiming that the existence of arbitration services was grounds for mass extra-legal deportations. Everything since then has been part of the ride.

I never claimed such a thing.

I made the claim that being a barbarian is grounds for deportation.

I never claimed such a thing.

I made the claim that being a barbarian is grounds for deportation.

LOL...now THERE is a legally defined term. What else might being a "barbarian" entitle one to under law, pray tell?

LOL...now THERE is a legally defined term. What else might being a "barbarian" entitle one to under law, pray tell?

Oh, we could legally define it for sure. Let see, enemy combatant, terrorist, domestic terrorist, illegal immigrant. Those are just a few off the top of my head, but I could go with any of those.

Then in the US there's the whole issue of birth right citizenship. It will be interesting to see how the supreme court rules on that one, especially with the new appointments. Should be an interesting topic if it's ever brought up.

Some opportunities are so short lived that they can't be ignored.

Oh, we could legally define it for sure. Let see, enemy combatant, terrorist, domestic terrorist, illegal immigrant. Those are just a few off the top of my head, but I could go with any of those.

You probably could. That has absolutely no bearing on anything, but you probably could.

Top Bottom