1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RD] The impact on western nations of allowing in millions of Muslim "refugees"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CavLancer, Nov 30, 2016.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. The left should continue letting in millions of Muslims even if it means losing power.

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. The left should curtail the influx, cut down a bit.

8 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. No more Muslim immigration.

18 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. The premise is wrong, the left can bring in millions of more Muslims and the effect will be small.

19 vote(s)
    31.7%
  5. Who? Someone coming to dinner granny?

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

You may already be taking some good stuff if you believe law enforcement is softer on gang rapists than someone making the wrong facebook likes.

2. Applepielookingperson

Applepielookingperson Chieftain

What exactly am i trying to "regress" to?

Hygro likes this.
  3. Mechanicalsalvation

Mechanicalsalvation -

I think he talked about specific cases not the general trend. Btw when was the last time you visited Germany?

4. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Moaner Lisa

Well isn't the clue in the "every time" part of that sentence? The argument is being made that there is a significant trend of criminal behaviour being committed by these people. Now whether there is or not, or how significant it is if so, or how it compares to "native" crime are all up for debate, but at the very least a claim is being made about a significantly large phenomenon that affects lots of people. Each individual case that is talked about is given as an example of this.

Now who is claiming that Anders Breivik is just one example of a significant upswing in the number of neo-Nazi, Norwegian mass-murderers? No-one as far as I'm aware. I doubt even you were making that point. Which is why it's essentially irrelevant.

You're basically saying that because there is a non-zero crime rate amongst white natives that this fact in and of itself invalidates any claims made about the crime rate caused by immigrants, which doesn't really make sense.

5. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

I just can't comprehend how lenient the penalties were.
    I mean, it's not just rape here (even if rape alone makes this slap on the wrist nauseating enough), it's also downright attempted murder.
    Suspended sentences for gang-rape + attempted murder ? 0_o
    That's insanity...

(notice this has nothing to do with them being migrants or not, BTW, I'm just flaggerblasted by how anyone not completely mad would consider suspended sentence for this)

6. JollyRoger

I believe parts of my family fled from there when the white people there went crazy in the 30s and 40s.

7. Manfred Belheim

Manfred Belheim Moaner Lisa

The report makes no mention of the nationality or ethnicity of the attackers in the second story. Not saying you're wrong, but that link doesn't back up what you said.

PE/Sports is always unisex there? Well it isn't here so I guess to me it doesn't seem that unreasonable a request.

8. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Are you asking if I can conceive that a person might have non-racist motivations for making these arguments, or if I think it's credible that these motivations are present in this thread?

Two very different questions.

Lexicus likes this.
  9. Princeps

Princeps More bombs than God

actually, outside of gender and age, the main determinant of immigrant criminality is whether they have a job or not. Unemployed immigrants lack the support networks that the unemployed usually have; I.e. Financial support from their friends and family.

10. Funky

Funky Emperor

They belong to a Serbian clan ("Großfamilie"), who, by the way, were present at the court sentencing. Instead of showing remorse, the perpetrators cheered and smirked with their friends and relatives throughout the process, unashamedly making victory signs and what not.

The intentions matter. If your country has decided to split the sexes in sport lessons in order to optimise the training effect or to reduce the pressure on girls to perform, that is one thing. If an individual wants to keep his daughter out of sports lessons because he follows an ideology that teaches that a girl loses her impurity and her honour if boys see her lightly dressed, that is a vastly different issue.

11. JollyRoger

I think we need to close down the towns of Muenster and New Braunsfels in my state and ship the people to the land of scantily clad schoolgirls. If you can't change to town name to something more American, you need to go.

12. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

I'd like to remind people that nationalism (and patriotism) do exist, are quite common, and aren't the same thing as racism at all.

13. JollyRoger

Good reminder. Racists do like to conflate their way into hiding under those concepts.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  14. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

I don't know the country in which make sweeping pejorative generalisations about huge groups of people on the basis of ethnic or religious background can be understood as an act of "patriotism", but I frankly hope the whole thing just slides into the goddam sea.

15. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

"I don't treat people like subhumans because of their skin color, I do it because of the language they speak!"

16. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

I guess if you want to find something "hiding", you just have to squint hard enough and "see" it. It certainly is easier to shriek "racism" at the first sign of disagreement - that is, until the "racism" card starts to lose its meaning through overuse.
    Pretty sure that tribal mentality isn't restricted to any specific country. As for making an "in-group"/"out-group" distinction based of culture, congratulation, you just discovered the original root of all nations.

17. JollyRoger

It is easy to shriek nationalism or patriotism as well. Racists are good at it. Have overused the tactic to the point that the words nationalism and patriotism have no real impact anymore other than as a red flag to a ruse.

18. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

Why did I even bother to answer to the guy who only knows how to answer through provocative mockery ? :rolleyes:

NovaKart likes this.
  19. JollyRoger

Because you wanted to feed me my answer with yours.

20. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

I think you might mean "purity" instead of "impurity." The father would want his daughter to be seen as pure, not impure.

That said... After Grade 4, the only time I had co-ed gym classes was when we were doing "social dancing" or swimming (the latter being co-ed more for budget reasons than social reasons, since our school had to bus the kids to the public swimming pool). Otherwise, Grades 5 through high school had separate boys' and girls' phys. ed. classes.

So I'm not at all disturbed at the idea of segregated gym classes; it seems normal to me. But there's no reason the girl in question shouldn't be able to wear a burkini, since it's basically like a jogging suit that can be worn for swimming. It's not like they're asking her to show any skin other than her face, hands, and feet.

I don't suppose anyone has explained to the father (and the girl) why it's a sensible thing to learn to swim? She won't have a man around forever, to fish her out of a lake, river, or ocean if she happens to fall in.