1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Inca

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by marlowe221, Jul 17, 2013.

1. marlowe221

marlowe221 Chieftain

The Inca were just about my favorite civ in G&K. I really liked their UA(s) and UU and thought that they were a very flexible civ for non-violent victory conditions. I really enjoyed them for my preferred game mode of OCC.

But... I've been so focused on the new civs (first Venice and now Morocco) that I haven't taken them out for a spin under the new game mechanics yet.

Anyone try them out? How did it go? Are the new game systems/mechanics good or bad for them?

2. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Incans are awesome. Lower road maintenance means getting early trade partners faster, because you can build just enough roads to still get into range while still making a profit on the route.

If I was playing say, Germany, in my current game, I would probably still be struggling to establish foreign trade routes.

3. newarkinvaders

newarkinvaders Chieftain

Managed to build an awesome huge capital , with trade routes pumping food into the mega capital adding to the terraces . Was largely left alone to build up . I was hoping for a science victory but accidentally picked up a culture win a turn before the last part reached the capital ....

4. Blueboots

Blueboots Chieftain

The Inca are always good.

5. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

I just had an awesome cultural victory with the Inca.

The Trade system and the UA go together quite nicely. You can have a lot of improvements without suffering that much from gold, and also you can focus in city-connections and extend the range of your caravans thanks to roads. I never had a money issue with the Inca.

Slingers are very good for defending against barbarians, who are also more dangerous against caravans now, their withdraw makes them very useful in the middle of two cities.

And, with all the improvements and the Terrace farm, I had a truly strong capital, with lots of citizens thanks to all the food. With gold and a strong capital, I managed to build a lot of wonders and had a strong culture and tourism.

So yeah, the Inca are still amazing and will always be hehe.

6. Princeofnigeria

Princeofnigeria The illustrious

In another thread I actually refrenced the inca with all the new mechanics:
    "The Inca's new ability might as well read:
    Great Andean Road-
    FREE MONEY!!!
    also some bs about hill movement
    But more importantly: FREE MONEY!!!"
    With the lack of early gold the Incan ability kicks in a lot earlier and means a lot more, making an already powerful side ungodly so.

7. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

I played my fist few games of BNW as Inca. They're as good as ever, but playing Inca us very reliant on the map script giving you good spots to settle. I have sometimes spawned near hills and mountains but not hills next to mountains. Those games are rough

8. marlowe221

marlowe221 Chieftain

That's great to hear - Inca OCC here I come.

9. Viregel

Viregel , The Rt. Hon.

As i said before, it's not free money, it's less maintainance costs...alright, it's free money. :lol: