1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Incan Conquistadors

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by SuperBeaverInc., Jan 1, 2006.

1. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Civ Incans
    Leader Huayna Capac
    Traits Aggresive and Financial
    Starting Techs Mysticism and Agriculture
    World Type Terra
    World Size Standard
    Climate Temperate
    Sea Level High
    Difficulty Noble
    Game Speed Normal
    Start

The name for this game comes from the fact that now the Inca will be colonizing a new world, unlike what happened in real life.

2. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

EDIT - See post #8

3. spacedragonblue

spacedragonblue Lost in Space

Good job! I'd love to see more...

4. Swiss Bezerker

Swiss Bezerker Emperor

I'm hooked , you better keep it up :)

5. balthamael

balthamael Warlord

damn, i hate itr when you start reading great stories, but they've only just been started...

6. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Me too, it happened to me 3 times today..

7. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Well, I had to reinstall the game a little while ago, so I no longer have the save. But I guess I could give start this with a different game.

8. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

The Incan people had settled themselves along a river valley that winded it's way along the western edge of the Atacama desert. They established their capital at Cuzco, a small town on the southern bank, surrounded by forests and a river. To the north and west, wild elephants roamed the plains, which would provide ivory to the people. In the hills to the south the Incans farmed their pigs, providing them with a source of food. Just south of Incan territorial lands sat a tribal village. The Inca had previously offered to let them join their small city-state, but had refused. However, the people had agreed to teach the Inca the skills of Masonry, with which they could build strong, durable structures.

A group of Incans had banded together to form a Quechua, a group of citizens that were armed with basic weaponry and armour. They had set out to scout the area surrounding the Incan held lands. They headed south along the river, before setting out towards the hills in the west. After a long journey, they arrived along the shores of a great body of water. While they were there, they encountered another primitive tribe. They were fishermen by trade, and had sailed far out into the sea. The tribesmen greeted these strange visitors, and after a grand feast, the village elders agreed to tell them Inca about sprawling ocean that stretched as far as the eye could see.

In Cuzco, a man wandered into town, speaking of a philosophical way of life which he encourages everyone follow. His name was Buddha, and he called this way of life Buddhism. Many people began to embrace new way of life, and it quickly spread throughout the town. Huayna Capac saw the way this new religion had taken hold of his people, and saw benefit in adopting it as the official religion of the Inca. It was decreed that Buddhism would be recognized as the official religion of the people.

The Quechua scouts had ventured far to the northeast of the great sea. They crossed a great grassland and came to some wooded hills. Here they encountered another tribe of people. However, these people were like none of the other tribes they had encountered on their trek. They were far more advanced, and appeared to be just as advanced as the Inca. After meeting with these strange people, they discovered that they were called the English, and were led by a woman named Victoria.

As their journey continued, they encountered many more tribes similar to the English. First was the Mongols, led by Kublai Khan.

Next they enountered the lands of India, who where led by Gandhi.

Far to the east, the Americans were encountered, led by a man named Roosevelt.

Near Cuzco, a scout arrived from the Aztec nation. They are led by Montezuma.

9. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Along the Ucayali River, the Incans had decided to found a new city. First they scouted out locations to along to river to found this new city. They settled on a site located between herds of wild sheep and wild horses. The sheep could easily provide food and wool to make clothing out of. The horses, once domesticated, would help the villagers on their farms. It also provided another benefit. The military could use these horses to mount riders on, creating Horse Archers and Chariots. These would provide a great strategic advantage should the need for war arise. The people began to build the city, which they named Tiwanaku.

Later on, another advanced tribe was met. They were called themselves the Spanish, and were led by Isabella. Now the Inca had met all the people that inhabited the continent.

In Cuzco, the people had decided to build a marvelous tribute to their leader, Huayna Capac. It was called The Oracle, and was a grand religious structure meant to connect the Incan people with the gods. It was soon completed, and when it was done, it was a grand structure that dominated the skyline of Cuzco.

However, soon after the construction of the Oracle, a new religion had made it's way into the land. It was named Christianity, and originated out of Machu Picchu. Soon missionaries journeyed from Machu Picchu to the capital. It soon proved to be as popular with the Cuzcans as it was with the Picchans. Before long, Christianity had spread all throughout the city. Seeing this, Huayna Capac converted to Christianity. He made the nation a Theocracy, with Christianity the new state religion. Now he was caught up in a religious fervour. He ordered that Christian missionaries be sent out across the world to teach the world of this new religion. First they went to India, where Hinduism ruled. Next was England, where Confucianism was the state religion. Soon Christianity had spread throughout England and India. It had also begun to penetrate America.

10. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Surely someone has some comments?

11. Thisnameislame

Thisnameislame Chieftain

I like the style...ummm...convert Isabella before she goes all pysco on you.

12. Grant_Hitchcock

Grant_Hitchcock Chieftain

Why would she go psyco?

13. ToV

ToV Warlord

Because you are heathen scum. :p

The story itself is very good. I can't wait to see what happens next as the Incans invade the new world!

14. Grant_Hitchcock

Grant_Hitchcock Chieftain

Oh I see, If she is near me I usualy daclare war on her straight away.

15. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I'll update the story sometime on the weekend.

16. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

This will be a short update as not much has happened. ;)

For many more years, Huayna Capac continued to build the infrastructure of the Incan Empire. Libraries and churches rose up throughout the land as his program of internal epansion swept across the country. However, soon his attention turned from peaceful expansion of his empire, to that of the military. Many Incans began to join the army, and soon a large, powerful force of Swordsmen, Horse Archers, and Axemen had been assembled. However, the Inca were not yet ready for military expansion. That would have to wait.

Meanwhile on the other side of the continent, news arrived that the Aztecs and Mongols had begun a war against each other. The Inca knew little of either of these two empires, but they payed close attention nonetheless. If either side managed to conquer the other, they would become a powerful force in world politics. The war started off slowly, but new eventually arrived from the east reporting that the Aztecs had captured the Mongol city of Turfan. The city was razed, and the Aztecs marched on. Some time later, more news arrived. This time, the Aztecs had captured and razed the Mongolian capital of Karakorum. The Mongol empire had been devastated, and soon the two sides reached a peace treaty. However, now the Mongols had been greatly reduced in importance.

Hauyna Capac was now ready to wage war against his Indian neighbours. He marched his army south towards the city of Madras. He sent a declaration of war, and sent his armies across the border. His army marched through the forces along the river. They arrived at the outskirts of the city, and saw that no Indian reinforcements had appeared. They took advantage of this opportunity and attacked. The city fell easily, and the Great Artist Homer was brought in to quell the people with his magnificent work. Soon the city was back to normal, and firmly under Incan control. India launched several counterattacks against Madras and into the Incan heartland, but each one was easily repelled. Huayna Capac had wanted to take more Indian land, but his forces would be spread out too thin. He decided to sign peace with Gandhi. However, in the future Huayna Capac would be ready to conquer the rest of India.

17. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

Come on people, surely someone is reading this. I'm not updating it anymore until people start commenting :p

18. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Please continue, this is a great story:clap: :hatsoff:

19. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I think you will like my next update. I go a bit crazy. :mischief: :ar15:

20. ToV

ToV Warlord

Crazy, huh? I can't wait!