The Internet gave no techs

tln

Chieftain
Hi

I was playing a 5v5 game (with 9 AIs). I build the internet project for my team assuming we'd catch up to the other team techwise, but no techs were given.
Does anyone know why?
The game says that it grants any technology known by two other civs, and the techs are obviously known by 5 others..

/Thomas

It actualy means a technology known by any other 2 teams, but as there is usualy 1 player per team, it doesn't make a difference.

Another possibility is that The Internet comes so late that you probably already knew all the techs known to two other players. It is possible that the Internet-producer could pick up some bypassed techs, such as Riding or Fascism, but as the decision to bypass had already been made then these are most unlikely to be of benefit.
And if, as Lord Olleus said, a team counts as one player, then you were playing a single adversary and there were not two possible "contributors" to your Internet information-gathering.

Lord Olleus said:
It actualy means a technology known by any other 2 teams, but as there is usualy 1 player per team, it doesn't make a difference.
A pity the game doesn't state that it's two adversaries and not civilizations.. :)

There were ~4 techs that the other team had and mine hadn't. I figured I'd make gold to upgrade my army and catch up using the internet.

Thanks for the replies. It was, unfortunately for me, as I expected.

/THomas

The CIV Internet is just the same as the real internet: A bit pricey and underpowered for what you spend.

Does anyone think that the Internet should give different bonuses?

Personaly I think that +1 trade route per city and +25% science per laboratory would be much better.

And reduced health/ productivity (due to people sitting in front of their screens all day instead of exercising/ doing their jobs) and lower income (from buying all the new computer hardware and software they 'need')? :D

I think that it should reduce city maintenance as the internet has made admin over long distances much easier and cheaper. Or perhaps some new resources for trade that give happiness (similar to Hollywood etc) when the city has power to represent silicon valley controlling the global computer market.

I love the internet as it is :)

otherwise, did any of the AI also has the tech that you did not have but the other team yes ?

-- oops, post super old, sorry -__-

I would agree in part to the lower cost of citys but things like war unhappiness rises for all nations that aquire it (kind of dimented that only one nation can monopolize it) and other things like weakening of goverment ability to keep secrets aswell as boosts to the economy.

Eh no actully as plainly seen it douse the opposite but that might be diffrant in a nation with a none stagnant economy.

Top Bottom