[C3C] The issue of reflecting actual order of battle in the scenario

leihard7777

Warlord
ww2 barbarossa1.png

ww2 barbarossa3.jpg

I'm asking for advice because I think it will take too long to find it myself.
Please let me know if there is a site that lists the order of battle of the countries listed below during WW2.

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Mexico, China, Mongolia, Thailand, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia

On top of that excellent info @Delta_Strife provided, you should very much consider the unit scale, along with the geographical scale. For example, in Operation Barbarossa, 150 German, 14 Finnish*, and12 Romanian divisions - 176 divisions plus various support and other smaller (than division size) units - attacked; a Corps size approach might be better here.

*Point of order: Finland and Germany were co-belligerents, and not allies, per se. The Finns considered this - and called it - the "Continuation War," a reference o their 1939 war with the USSR, and their desire to retake territory lost during that conflict.

Thank you, it would be a great help.

On top of that excellent info @Delta_Strife provided, you should very much consider the unit scale, along with the geographical scale. For example, in Operation Barbarossa, 150 German, 14 Finnish*, and12 Romanian divisions - 176 divisions plus various support and other smaller (than division size) units - attacked; a Corps size approach might be better here.

*Point of order: Finland and Germany were co-belligerents, and not allies, per se. The Finns considered this - and called it - the "Continuation War," a reference o their 1939 war with the USSR, and their desire to retake territory lost during that conflict.

Most countries, including Germany and the Soviet Union, are divisional size and Commonwealth countries are brigade size.
Currently, only Switzerland is on the Corps size.
If the game slows down too much or the number of units exceeds the maximum, I'll consider modifying it.

What mod is this?

It's a World War II scenario I'm working on. It has been updated steadily and the current version is 4.02. You can find more information at the following link:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/world-war-ii-the-world.27717/
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/world-war-ii-the-world.642875/

Sorry, but my first reaction, after clicking on your first link, is YIKES!!! I feel obliged to bring @Civinator in on this (he know far more about this than I) but any depiction of the swastika, in any context at all, is illegal in Germany, and has - over the years - been the cause of Major Grief, often enough, here at CivFanatics.

Sorry, but my first reaction, after clicking on your first link, is YIKES!!! I feel obliged to bring @Civinator in on this (he know far more about this than I) but any depiction of the swastika, in any context at all, is illegal in Germany, and has - over the years - been the cause of Major Grief, often enough, here at CivFanatics.

I changed the first picture. I'll look for a version that doesn't reveal the national flag.

Last edited:
Iraq was basically under the control of the UK following a brief conflict in 1941, while Iran (Persia) was occupied by the UK and the USSR, also in 1941. Neither country really had anything meaningful in terms of armed forces.

Thailand fought a brief war with Japan which pretty much wiped out their armed forces, so again, not really a whole lot for an order of battle.

Mongolia and the USSR had a border war with Japan in 1939 in Western Manchuria, with the Mongolians primarily contributing horse cavalry units, which wee quite useful, given the scrub desert terrain. Aside from that, the USSR pretty much controlled the country.

For China, have fun on that with their army, as they have a wide range of equipped equipped divisions with different equipment. For the Air Force, from December of 1941 onwards, you can use the American Volunteer Group, better knonw as the Flying Tigers, and then the 14th Air Force. Prior to that, the Chinese were getting assistance from both Mussolini's Italy and the USSR in terms of aircraft and pilots. Figure that one out.

Yeah, while I appreciate the historical context, I avoid putting custom units/artwork into my mod that has swastikas. I edited out the "sieg heil"-salute of one of the German WW2 infantry units I downloaded off here as well. It was just a personal choice, but at least there won't be issues with our European friends using the mod or uploading it later for whatever reason. There's a few wonderfully crafted units that unfortunately would take too much work to remove the swastika from, so for these units I found alternatives for my mod. I can appreciate purists who want to keep it all untouched due to historical significance, but the imagery of it is what I don't want in my mod, not the reference. History is important, after all. I do have government choice option of fascism in the mod. However, it would make no sense if (using Germany as an example), a communist or federal republic Germany had units giving Hitler a salute and having swastikas on their ships and tanks.

leihard, War Thunder has a WW2 German flag that isn't illegal to show in Germany. You could try that one. There's a bunch of free-to-use versions of it out there.

Edit: looks like the ban was lifted;

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45142651

Last edited:
Top Bottom