the kid anubis LeaderHead Thread

kid anubis

octorilla wrangler
I finally finished Ekmek's leaderhead tutorial and managed to get Ragnor's helmet on Catherine. This was just a test for me to figure out what I was doing. And after much pain figuring out how to create, select, and assign vertex groups, finally was able to rig the helmet.

So now I'm going to start on the missing LeaderHeads for my Women of the Sword mod, starting with:

- a female Viking leader
- a female Ottoman leader
- a female Spartan/Greek leader

I haven't settled on which BtS female leaders I'll use as bases yet, but am open to suggestions :)

If all goes well, I'll also be looking into some Middle Earth/fantasy leaderheads in the future.

Attachments

• TestHead.JPG
    TestHead.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 531
I'd prefer if he took the clothes away from Catherine! :lol:

I'd prefer if he took the clothes away from Catherine! :lol:

Don't tempt me! I suppose I could slip in my version of 'hot coffee' ;)

Actually, is there an official forum policy on the amount of skin shown for leaders/units? not that I'm looking to do anything, just curious.

:lol:
You also should try to move some of the clothing over to her, should look better then ;).

I thought about it, but Catherine's animation is problematic. She shows her back and flips her hair. This 'breaks' Ragnor's helmet and cape (she moves through them). And some assets, like Sitting Bull's headdress don't seem to have a 'back' to them.

I haven't decided if I want to keep going with Catherine as the base for the female Viking leader or someone else, like Isabella. Although either way, I need to make her hair blond.

so I decided to play around with backgrounds and the camera. I revisited Valeria (my goth reskin of Shahzerahade). First I reset the camera on her to get her centered a bit better. I then swapped the background to Julius Caeser's since Valeria is Roman. I had to monkey with the background rotation and scale, but I seem to have gotten it lined up the way I wanted (or at least no red).

I'm not reposting her yet because I plan to do some remapping of textures. I need the practice.

Attachments

• valeria.JPG
    valeria.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 254
I've started on the female viking leader and got Sitting Bull's pony tails on a (mostly) stripped down Victoria (don't panic, she still has her shirt on). There is a bit of clipping with the pony tail tips that I'll have look at when the animation first starts.

Next up is Ragnor's helmet, then I have to figure out her sleeves (shirt will be Ragnor's chainmail).

Attachments

• f_viking.JPG
    f_viking.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 150
You could use Hannibal's shoulder pieces (colored grey) on her.

Actually, you should use Ragnar's helmet as a bra, it would look even better if you used Ragnar's helmet for her head, and took the trim off and replaced it with the trim frmo Genghis Khan.

Top Bottom