The King of the World Throne Room

I have a question:
I have BTS obviously, but where do you get the earth 14 and the earth 34 scenarios from?!?
are they a special mod or download? sorry for breaking up the convo.

I have a question:
I have BTS obviously, but where do you get the earth 14 and the earth 34 scenarios from?!?
are they a special mod or download? sorry for breaking up the convo.
They're downloads.

======

I like the "musical chairs" idea; it'll be a very interesting game (with interesting narration).

Fred in Italy

Rosy in China (come on Rosy, if you can't do good there, you just suck!!)
Isabella in Japan
Monty in Persia
Louis in Mongolia (suck tundra, fatty!)
The leaders in bold normally don't do well anyways...

If you really want to see some interesting diplomatic situations, put Toku in Athens. Greece and Turkey are the natual thoroughfares between the Middle East and Europe. With his crumudgeony ass right in the middle knocking heads with Egypt, Rome, Germany, Arabia, Persia and Russia, should make for a very interesting Europe.

If you really want to see FDR do what FDR does, I'd put him in Kyoto. Such a killer location for a leader that should have a heads up on TGL should make an island hopping American power.

Montezuma in Delhi makes for a dangerous, if disadvantaged, attack dog that can hem in Persia and China. His Jags should do well in the jungle there.

China of course is the foil to Japan, so I suggest giving them a handicap - the zealotess, Isabella, hemmed in from the north by a creative Hatty should create a balanced Asia bloc.

So I suggest:

Kyoto - FDR
Beijing - Isabella
Karakorum - Hatty
Delhi - Montezuma

Peresoplis - Fredrick
Mecca - Catherine
Thebes - Hyuna Capac
Timbuktu - Louis

Athens - Tokugawa
Rome - Asoka
Berlin - Alexander
London - QSH
Paris - Genghis Khan
Madrid - Cyrus

Washington - Julius
Tenochtitlan - Saladin
Cuzco - Mansa Musa

And of course, Moscow, Elizabeth, otherwise known as Neal, King of the World.

America should be fairly balanced out. Saladin will not be as aggressive early on as Monte is and JC will likely be the dominant force. Mansa hopefully will find a way to tech for the continent and likely sell out to JC early.

Europe no doubt will be Neal's target (as it always is in Earth games) but it should not be easy to take. Phalanxes in Germany, Temujin in Paris, Toku gumming up the works in Asia Minor and Macedonia, and Qin and HC running away with Wonders and techs.

Asia I talked about, and the Middle East/Africa will be HC's area to lose with Fred and Cathy as his main antagonists. Louis? Well he can rot in Mali.

I second Jaaboo's excellent suggestion, but after that, can we please see the American game we were promised months ago? :D

I like the idea of Hatty, Asoka, and Mansa in the new world. A high probablity of a trade lovefest and they may emerge as late game threats.

So I suggest:....

Louis? Well he can rot in Mali.

:goodjob::goodjob:

I like. Though for the record I still don't care for the idea of Monty in India. He tends to put workers at a low priority in my experience and will get bogged down with clearing jungle. Put him in Persia, and let his jags conquer the Russian forests and, of course, harrass whoever gets stuck on the subcontinent.

EDIT: although as something of a retraction I guess the point of this exercise is to stunt the normal powerhouses and let someone else have a shot at greatness... so Monty in the jungle may not be so bad

something I always thought might be a good Idea is an earth map where the underdogs can have their day. If you took away the Civs that always perform well (China, Russia, etcetera) but left the civs that dont do so well, it could result in a game where some of the guys who are nothing but a footnote in the annuls of history become dominant forces for once.

Also, I'm still waiting for (and looking forward to) the 'gods of the world' spinoff that's been tossed around for a while to be played and written.

The swapped around leaders idea sounds pretty fun, and my input comes in the shape of three words: Monty. In. China.

Okay I lied, Joao in Russia would also be funny considering his rex-crazy ways and the vastness of the steppe, but I understand we're talking standard leaders only.

The swapped around leaders idea sounds pretty fun, and my input comes in the shape of three words: Monty. In. China.

Okay I lied, Joao in Russia would also be funny considering his rex-crazy ways and the vastness of the steppe, but I understand we're talking standard leaders only.

Joao in Russia would be awesome!

Okay, time for me to weigh in on this. I like a lot of the suggestions being bandied about here, and I've given this a lot of thought. Here we go:

Kyoto - Elizabeth
Beijing - FDR
Karakorum - Hatty
Delhi - Montezuma
(I went with FDR in China, because he's so regularly crapped on in this map that I'd like to give him a surefire powerhouse start. And Elizabeth will merely swap one island chain for another. I like Hattie in Mongolia and Monty in India for Jaaboo's reasons. Hattie might actually make real use of the steppe, and I'd love to see how the Aztecs do in a... target-rich environment)

Persepolis - Isabella
Mecca - Louis
Thebes - HC
Timbuktu - Frederick
Moscow - Caesar
(Putting the Incas on the Nile seems to be an obvious slam dunk. I wanted to put Isabella in a more central location where she can "breathe" a bit. It'll also be interesting to see how Louis does with access to a lot of marginal territory, as opposed to his usual gilded cage. And how will Julie fare in Catherine's spot? Freddy's usually a European power, so we're sending him off to languish a bit in Africa)

Athens - Tokugawa
Rome - Asoka
Berlin - Alexander
London - Catherine *
Paris - Saladin
Madrid - Genghis Khan
(I was originally thinking France for Tokugawa, but I like the suggestion for Greece. Really clog up the works and make a real obstacle between the East and West. Put the Mongols in Spain for easy access to horses and the possibility of a proper horde. Transform Alexander from European also-ran to European superpower. Give Saladin the ability to build the Mecca of his dreams, and save Asoka the trouble of having to cut back all that jungle. And we'll be playing as Catherine up there in the British Isles. The exact opposite of what Jaaboo wanted ;))

Washington - Cyrus
Tenochtitlan - Mansa Musa
Cuzco - Qin Shi Huang
(I'd like to see how a pair of peaceful techers would do in the New World. Would they still end up as muddy savages, or could they build a utopia? Oh, and China will start in the Inca highlands because, well, eff Qin)

Oh, and re: America- I kind of considered the Sitting Bull game my homage to the American continent. Honestly, once Montezuma's wrestled to the ground, it ends up being much the same. It's a fair point, though. I also promised a Greece game way too long ago....

Actually, I did some more experimenting with AI in the new world and found that generally, more AI will produce more tech. I was playing a faceroll game as Genghis Khan at Moscow so I moved:

New World:
Elizabeth to Washington
Isabella to Tenochtitlan
Caesar to Seattle (added clam and moved northern deer 1s)
Louis to Buenos Aires
Frederick to Cuzco (added seafood to the area, knocked down a few mountains)
Saladin to the tip of Brazil (added 2 corn)

Old World:
Montezuma to India
Catherine to Indochina
Roosevelt to Bejing
Cyrus to Seoul
Qin to Persepolis
Huyana to Mecca
Tokugawa to Thebes
Alexander to London
Hapsepsut to Rome
Asoka to Spain (northwestern most tip site)
Mansa to Southern Sweden (the silver+2 pigs city)

New world actually had techs that I didn't when I got there, and not backfill techs, they were more advanced than the old world! Caesar had vassalized and booted Elizabeth to Cuba and had control over most of the USA and Canada. Isabella had Texas and Mexico plus the rest of Central America and the Northern parts of South America. Louis killed Saladin and had most of the southern part of the continent and split Brazil 50/50 with Frederick, who just had that part of Brazil and like 3 cities on the Andes. Frederick eventually got killed off too, his holdings mostly going to Isabella but a few on the southern border ended up in Louis' hands due to culture flips after she conquered them.

Oh, Montezuma still killed Roosevelt with him in India and Roosevelt in Bejing, I even put Catherine in Indochina between them and he just plowed through her then killed him anyways.

I like neals suggested map.

My one slight concern is having you start in Europe which may prevent the civs transferred there from ever reaching their european potential because of the rushability of the area. Of course being an island allows for some leeway... but it still concerns me a little bit.

Well, I'll be in England, which isn't really Europe at all ;) Especially if I focus on colonies and such instead of bringing war to the mainland.

Oh, and re: changes, I might make the usual moves to put Genghis (Spain) on the coast and open up South America, but that'd be about it.

Its not in Europe only according to the Brits. Those great scientists of yours all agree that geographically, Culturally and actually, Brittain is in Europe.

Anyway i agree with a coastalised mongol spain, but i think you shoud leave Qin in his mountain prison as we all want to see how he's do as huayna's theoretical son. Perhaps opening the panama would be acceptable though

Anyway never mind me. Go do your colonial extravaganza as the distinctly non-chaste ruler of Brittania.

Yeah, I think a London start would be more interesting to play on than a Moscow one, which would be fairly similar to any other European start (with a little more breathing room).

I'm afraid Monty won't have enough production in India, since last time I checked it was mostly flat grasslands with jungle and calendar resources all over the place. I just seriously want to see him try and set the world ablaze and be the menacing green titan to face in the final battle instead of just a maniac in a big island swinging a club at the others so unfortunate to be spawned next to him.

Otherwise your ideas are all fine, I especially like placing Toku in Greece to shut off Anatolia. If strategy was involved in AI processes this would make the little strip of land that I don't know the name for between the Black- and Caspian Seas actually useful.

Your correct on the aztec matter in india. I just tested it to 1AD and Montezuma was just languishing in India doing nothing. (backward as anything, he didn't even have the wheel) Meanwhile Isabella was becoming a monster and Alexander was doing the unheard of AI european conquest.

Played a bit more to see if Monty culd recover and he ended up actually losing cities to Roosevelt. I did another run of it and he did better but he still struggles in India. Of course all gammes are different and there is the possibility of a montified indian empire ruling all of Asia but from the two test runs i did it seems to be unlikely.

On a sidenote Isabella didn;t find religion. Buddha instead chose to enlighten Huayna in Egypt. Hinduism inevitably fell to Sal.

---

Anyway i definitely think you should seriously consider putting Monty elsewhere Perhaps switching him into Paris and giving Saladin India. Paris would definitely encourage warfare with little expansion room and a pacifist next door.

Top Bottom