The King of the World Throne Room

P.S OCC in Civ IV does not mean "One city chalenge" . It is more "No settlers build and auto-raze in conquest chalenge" :p There are various ways of bypass that and have more than 1 city ( no, I'm not talking about "No city razing" :p It doesn't work in 3.17 AFAIK anyway )

Remember that if you select OCC in the settings you will destroy all the cities you flip (which will probably be London, Berlin and Bibricate).

Remember that if you select OCC in the settings you will destroy all the cities you flip (which will probably be London, Berlin and Bibricate).
You can still assign cities to yourself via AP

You can still assign cities to yourself via AP

So... if you assign a city to yourself with the AP, and OCC rules are in place... does that effectively wipe out that city as soon as it flips to your control too??

You could start an APocalypse :lol:

If I understand rolo correctly, you'll have another city. Can you also build 5 NW there? :satan:

So a large city wants to swear their loyalty to you so you burn down their homes and murder them all! That's just cruel!

Ah, Civman33, I expect this forum to be around for a very long time. No need to nerco this thread just after 2 days it was replied.

And besides, discussion can't last forever...

(you seem very...overjoyed... with Neal's walkthroughs, not that its a bad thing, Neal's games are one of the best walkthroughs)

Anyways, what's Kotw #11 supposed to be?

A normal game. I vote Vikings. If he clears up the earth map a Byzantine game would also be fun. When he played as the Spanish, I was wanting a peaceful colonization game. Maybe to make to make up for that you could play as Jao, conquer Spain early and try to snag city spots in places like Ireland, Africa and Scandanavia. Neal realy should clean up the earth map for future KotW-34 games.
So many KotWs to do, so little time.

Remember, this series wasn't supposed to be an RPC, right? It was meant to be a normal, "how do you win at this game, given various scenarios?" For that, all these "European without attacking Europe" or "Coastal invasions only" might be a lot of fun to see, they're more inline with an RPC game than this KotW series.

Well, we already saw a Zulu "cultural victory with no conquering outsde Africa" restriction.

Byzantine Priest Economy? Please? If not, America would be fun.

Have you considered Rhye's and Fall? When this idea begins to run thin (It will, eventually...), it would be a really nice change of pace. Well, for me. I'd expect that wouldn't be the most popular move. And besides, 34 is way to hectic for me.

Byzantine Priest Economy? Please? If not, America would be fun.

Have you considered Rhye's and Fall? When this idea begins to run thin (It will, eventually...), it would be a really nice change of pace. Well, for me. I'd expect that wouldn't be the most popular move. And besides, 34 is way to hectic for me.

Actually I think by the time this idea wears thin, Civ V will be out. I still love the Earth Map! (It is also one of the reasons I never got big into Civ III)

If we run out of ideas, I would like to see, instead of Earth34, a modified Earth18 with some civilizations removed and some added.

Also I wonder if there are AI fixes because some AI's struggle in Earth18 since they have no room to grow.

Well, you only have so many possible starting positions - let's face it, Mongolia was pretty much a China game. Would the Spain game be so different if we played as Germany and warrior rushed west? Would the Arabia game be so much different if we played as Persia, Greece, or even Egypt?

Well, the starting positions may not change much, but the UU/UB options will, greatly. A China game with Keshiks will, I imagine, be quite different from one with Cho-ko-nus.

That said, eventually I may indeed want to branch out into "other" Earth maps. Especially one with an artificially inflated Europe and/or Middle East. OCC France is fun, but it'd be nice to be able to play a France game where a Settler is a meaningful build, y'know?

Not much more meaningful in Europe though I'd imagine. Before you know it all suitable affordable land is already settled and settlers still become useless. Even with the Genghis Kahn game, how many times did you actually have to settle cities?

After all of this wears out you should use Rhys and Fall's map with the larger Europe and other features (just without the swamp or any of the other Rhy map rules)

Top Bottom