The Kingdom of Hyrule - Development Thread

Buildkirbyus

Trainee Modder
Hello all,
I have recently been discussing with [d20] Marcus Virgil on steam in possibly making a new version of his Hyrule Civilization: (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=184966056)
I am posting a development thread here so people can input their ideas. As I am in need of ideas as well. :lol:
Current Features:
Spoiler :
  • UU: Longswordsman or Knight Unit - Abilities WIP
  • UB: Hylian Temple (Temple) - +3 Faith and 33% Great People Rate
  • UNW (Unique national wonder): Temple of Time (Grand Temple) +8 Faith and +3 Culture
  • UA: WIP
And to give you a teaser, here are some art resources (Provided by Mic Roe Pony on steam) being implemented into this mod!
Civ Icon:

Leaderhead:

Leader Scene:

Unit and Building Icons:
Spoiler :

Hylian Unit
View attachment 388058

Hylian Temple
View attachment 388059

Temple of Time
View attachment 388060

It's generally not a good idea to have the UU's name include the civ's adjective; else, you end up with units called "Hylian Hylian Knight" roaming around the map. Plus, it's just generally uncreative.

Maybe you could make a Railroad System for the UB and a Mask Salesman UU. :lol:

Those are actually terrible ideas; I vehemently recommend you ignore them.

Here's what I'd do for the Unique Unit:
-Magic Swordsman: (replaces swordsman) A Link-esque Swordsman who can preform a weak ranged attack, namely, the sword blast.

You might also make a Longswordsman who can do the same.

Good suggestion: But aesthetically, it would make the swordsman (or longswordsman) just throw fire.

That actually might be acceptable. They could represent bombs, perhaps?

And besides, when all else fails...use fire.

Not much. I've been busy with my other first mod and school had caught up with me.

I'm scrapping this mod for the time being. I've not shown much intrest in this mod much anymore. Maybe in the future i'll come back to it.
If someone wants to take over the project, they can.

Top Bottom