1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Landbridge- Control Needed

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by amirsan, Apr 24, 2003.

1. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

Below are the two landbridges that we need control of. We think we cannot control them because what we know that Balance Of Power is controlling one and Elucidia is about to control the other with a city very soon. But with a couple more warriors we can hold the chokepoint and know way ahead of time if one declared war and how long it will until they reach our homeland.

On picture #2 is the Northern Landbridge. The Blue Circle is where they may be settling. The red squares are were we should place our warriors for total control over th expansion of our "future" territory.

On picture #1 is the Balance of Power Landbridge which is in real need of controlling. With three warriors in the boxes we can make them declare war early on those warriors so we can build up reinforcement instead of them building up thier military on our border were we dont see. They could even sneak up a couple of more cities in our "future" territory.

By showing this I propose a plan to get just 5 warriors to each square and control it. If Elucidia sees this as an act of aggression (which it might) we will let them pass just to show them it isn't.

2. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

I don't think we should worry about that right now, our nation building is far more important than controlling a landbridge now. I don't want to waste production on warriors only to have a couple more turns before they declare war on us. We already have a warrior there and if we see a mass incursion in "our" side, the right procedure would be to tell them to back off and we would take this as a declaration of war if they didn't. I'm sure they'd understand that and it saves us from the trouble of spending shields for something almost useless...

3. amirsan

This is also to control any more cities being settled on our part.

4. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I do not want to strain relations with Elucidia. That is why we should let them have the top choke point. BoP is more important to us, as it is only 1 tile and is closer to our lands. We can worry about the top choke point later, but I find it far lower down on the list of priorities.

5. amirsan

Ok, I can agree to that, as long as we have good relations with Elucidia then we dont have to worry about them harrassing right now, but I think we should send a couple more warriors down to BoP to

1. If they declare war all the way down there we can damage thier offensive and slow them down thier advance.

2. If we decide to declare war then we can upfront attack thier little stack while we bring up our future swordsmen.

3. To block them from expanding near us which would not be the best thing to do.

6. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

well lets build a road to BoP - but not quite all the way, then get iron working. After that we'll make our war plans.

7. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Thanks, I suggested the roads thing a while back, but forgot to add it to my FA action plan.

8. amirsan

In the meanwhile we could protect from have like 2 other cities around BoP by sending some warrios for upfront aggression.

9. amirsan

In the meanwhile we could protect from have like 2 other cities around BoP by sending some warrios for upfront aggression.

10. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

If we block GC like that, they'll only build a library or a temple, and when their borders expand, they'll just force us out.

11. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Hm.. that would make them use resources to build that temple or library though, instead of units.

12. amirsan

Yup