The Last Major TV Factory in the U.S. Is Shutting Down Because of President Trump's Tariffs

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
Trade wars are good and easy to win. Dont believe what you see or read !
Last nail factory is shutting down, last Tv factory is shutting down, bailouts for argiculture this is what winning looks like, MAGA

The Last Major TV Factory in the U.S. Is Shutting Down Because of President Trump's Tariffs

A South Carolina plant that assembles televisions using Chinese parts plans to shut down and lay off nearly all its employees because of new tariffs imposed by the Trump Administration, the company announced this week.

Element Electronics — which describes itself as the only assembler of televisions in the U.S. — plans to lay off 126 of its 134 permanent full-time employees and close the Winnsboro, S.C. plant on Oct. 5. Notably, there are still at least two smaller companies that continue to assemble speciality televisions in the U.S.

“The layoff and closure is a result of the new tariffs that were recently and unexpectedly imposed on many goods imported from China, including the key television components used in our assembly operations in Winnsboro,” Carl Kennedy, Element’s vice president of human resources, said in a letter to the South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce on Monday.

South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster, a Republican and a Trump supporter, told reporters on Wednesday that he is “doing every single thing we can” to find a solution that would not harm Element Electronics and its employees.

http://time.com/5361394/tv-factory-closing-trump-tariffs/

Okay but why does the US specifically need to contain a television factory

Well they did vote for Trump

Those people are traitors who close their factories to make the public get angry at Trump. I wonder how much they're getting paid for that, but it's probably a pretty high number because they get paid in Chinese Yuan.

Moderator Action: Mind the trolling. --LM

Last edited by a moderator:
Those people are traitors who close their factories to make the public get angry at Trump. I wonder how much they're getting paid for that, but it's probably a pretty high number because they get paid in Chinese Yuan.
Ryika-chan, are you an anime catgril secret agent who has access to information we don't? Cuz if not, then you're obviously just trying to explain away why Trump's economic policies are working as planned. But if so, what's next in Chinese President Winnie the Pooh's list of nefarious plans? Does it involve bees?

Ryika-chan, are you an anime catgril secret agent who has access to information we don't? Cuz if not, then you're obviously just trying to explain away why Trump's economic policies are working as planned. But if so, what's next in Chinese President Winnie the Pooh's list of nefarious plans? Does it involve bees?
I read on InfoWars that Trump is doing a good job and seriously, how could he not? There are more jobs than there have ever been, the coal industry is booming, climate change is basically over and in a few months those traitors are going to be replaced by upstanding Russian citizens. And the MSM can't do anything about it - which they know, so they have to make up these stories and collude with the Chinese Traitors because they really hate Trump and just can't accept that they're in the wrong.

I read on InfoWars that Trump is doing a good job and seriously, how could he not? There are more jobs than there have ever been, the coal industry is booming, climate change is basically over and in a few months those traitors are going to be replaced by upstanding Russian citizens. And the MSM can't do anything about it - which they know, so they have to make up these stories and collude with the Chinese Traitors because they really hate Trump and just can't accept that they're in the wrong.

Your shtick is a lot funnier when it's presented like this.

Why did you ruin my dreams, Ryika-chan? I was hoping you were a ninja anime cat girl secret agent who broke into Winnie Xi Pooh's underground house to steal his secret docs and honey. Y u do dis.

people still buy tv's? I don't even own a TV. That could be the reason why tv manufacturer's are struggling. TV's are 20th century stuff.

people still buy tv's? I don't even own a TV. That could be the reason why tv manufacturer's are struggling. TV's are 20th century stuff.

It's stil nice to watch something on a larger sceen than a computer monitor.

It's stil nice to watch something on a larger sceen than a computer monitor.

Just get a bigger monitor ;)

I think what's really happening is that the distinction between monitors and tvs is becoming increasingly meaningless.

Reactions: rah

Well Republicans still use radios, and like dial up, and coal power is like new future tech. /s
The point is that US manufactorers are getting it good and hard thanks to Trumps good and easy to win trade war.

To be honest, I'm not sure this is really the best example of such a point. I'm not sure how healthy and profitable this company was anyway, given that it is was the only of its kind and it made its first TVs only in 2015.

There can be no deal as long as Americans are buying european cars. Where the cars are actually manufactured is of no relevance. America First!
Plus the WTO is bad because it doesn't put America First!

Top Bottom