the leader portraits on the tech tree

roscoepfox

Chieftain
I'm trying to understand what the little leader heads on the tech tree screen scroll bar mean. Are they on par with me, behind or ahead?

they represent what era that civ is in, and you can see your own leader head on there to compare with. I'm not sure if it's representative of the highest tech/civic researched or some kind weighted average

In my current game as Germany, Trajan has been one tech era ahead of me throughout the game according to the icon on the tech tree. Strangely, though, the victory tracker says I'm the tech leader and my science/turn and techs researched are both far beyond his. Either he's really bulbed or something is reporting incorrectly.

It bleeping better be the era they're in, because I intend to declare war on Gorgo shortly and they are presently an era behind me.

Yeah, I verified it last night. If you hover over the leader heads a popup will say what era they are in. Funny though....2 civs are in the renaissance period....and its nearly the end of the game (1921). Scythia is in the modern age and I've been at war with them for a long time. They keep on land on my continent with freaking swordsmen challenging mechanized infantry. Tomyris won't accept a peace treaty either.

Top Bottom