The Leaders' Reaction to Defeat

Mzrokks

Rammy VS the World
I declared war on all the leaders, and then defeated them (Settler, 20 Civs, really fun game as I decimated the AI for a domination win :D). Study their reaction for future reference. The leaders, as in my previous post, are in alphabetical order.

The Leaders' Reaction to Defeat
Alexander - Catherine
Part 1

Alexander spirals backwards as if fainting, dragging his horse with him, and somewhat honorably admits defeat. He was never very sympathetic though. Sympathy Level - 4

Askia slumps as he faces your cheering amy, but there is revenge in his eyes. I still feel for the guy. Sympathy Level - 4

Poor Caesar looks shattered as he admits defeat. Awwwwww. Sympathy Level - 7

I love this shot. No other comments. Sympathy Level - 1

Er...why is she smiling? :confused: That is one weird reaction - I nuked Moscow twice. Sympathy Level - 3

Next Time: Darius - Hiawatha
By the way: Feel free to comment and suggest different ratings!

Attachments

• Alexander.JPG
    Alexander.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 11,975
  • Askia.JPG
    Askia.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 13,591
  • Augustus Caesar.JPG
    Augustus Caesar.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 11,559
  • Bismarck.JPG
    Bismarck.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 11,182
  • Catherine.JPG
    Catherine.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 11,286
Er...why is she smiling? :confused: That is one weird reaction - I nuked Moscow twice. Sympathy Level - 3

Listen, to what she is saying, look at her smile...
Ähm... I could explain it to you - but we would have to do this in the over-18-area, I assume... ;)

It seems, the producers aspect a mostly male audience. It's a bit jingoistic and I hope, my partner will never see this. (She is very emanicipated and very easy to upset about these issues...)

Listen, to what she is saying, look at her smile...
Ähm... I could explain it to you - but we would have to do this in the over-18-area, I assume... ;)

It seems, the producers aspect a mostly male audience. It's a bit jingoistic and I hope, my partner will never see this. (She is very emanicipated and very easy to upset about these issues...)

I actually understood this the first time :p. I thought hearing your censored replies would be funny :lol:.

Thanks for taking on my suggestion. "Sympathy level" that made me laugh :lol:

Bismarcks picture is priceless! Cathy has a bit of a Mona Lisa smile going on there, it's hard to tell why she's smiling or what she's smiling at (maybe she's pregnant...). It seems to me that perhaps becoming your "captive" may have been her plan all along. Growing up a princess you have to develop some weird fetishes. Although I never heard of anyone eagerly anticipating Stockholm Syndrome.

If you linger on the Catherine defeat screen, you spot her eyes widening as she looks *down*. Yup. Someone on Firaxis was out to make Catherine appear a really, really lustful woman. Though historically she definitely was that (although I'd protest she was also a lot more).

The AI will occasionally keep her (Catherine) as a pet with one city also, even though vassals are not in the game.

The last time I defeated Alexander, he said something like:
I am the son of the gods, how could you have defeated me

The last time I defeated Alexander, he said something like:
I am the son of the gods, how could you have defeated me
When I won he said he was going to kill my family. Or maybe I was drunk. I think I lost, I don't remember.

Look at Alexander's horse. Now there's a dejected expression... must be thinking of what it will have to endure now Alexander doesn't have an empire to play with...

Catherine is a bit on the wild side, if your read her history.

Darius - Hiawatha
Part 2

Actually Darius looks very hopeless and dejected. But his words are quick and angry, so this is quite confusing. Sympathy Level - 4

She looks more tired than defeated, actually - but her words sparkle with promises of revenge. Despite her grandeur and her reply, I feel sorry for the Queen. Sympathy Level - 6

Actually this feels satisfying. Very satisfying. His words make me feel terrible though. Sympathy Level - 5

Awww, man. I had to do it! Please forgive me! This makes me feel like a monster. Sympathy Level - 8

Again with the guilt! Go away! Sympathy Level - 6

Next time: Montezuma - Ramesses II

Attachments

• Gandhi.JPG
    Gandhi.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 13,316
  • Elizabeth.JPG
    Elizabeth.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 10,297
  • Darius.JPG
    Darius.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 9,597
  • Harun al-Rashid.JPG
    Harun al-Rashid.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 10,108
  • Hiawatha.JPG
    Hiawatha.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 9,469
Another good thread :goodjob:
I enjoyed the previous one too.

She looks more tired than defeated, actually - but her words sparkle with promises of revenge. Despite her grandeur and her reply, I feel sorry for the Queen.

She is trying to sound brave, but notice she won't look directly at you. She doesn't want you to see her crying.

It looks like they have multiple defeat messages. Just the other day I took out India, and Ghandi said (roughly)

"You have defeated us, but I urge you to change your ways unless you don't mind karma bringing you back as a dung beetle in the next life" (it was much better woreded than that lol, I can't remeber)

It looks like they have multiple defeat messages. Just the other day I took out India, and Ghandi said (roughly)

"You have defeated us, but I urge you to change your ways unless you don't mind karma bringing you back as a dung beetle in the next life" (it was much better woreded than that lol, I can't remeber)

That's the one he usually says to me too .

Another good thread :goodjob:
I enjoyed the previous one too.

She is trying to sound brave, but notice she won't look directly at you. She doesn't want you to see her crying.

She's crying?
COOL!

I quote Gandhi exactly: "You have conquered us. If you wish to ease your terrible karmic burden and not return in the next life as a dung beetle, I urge you to be merciful in victory."

Otto's reaction makes me wish some other civ liberates one of his cities that I captured so that I can have the pleasure of defeating him once again.

Top Bottom