The Leaders' Reaction to Defeat

I'd like to see Pachacuti's and Isabella's.

Genghis should say 'I'll go give Alexander his horse back now'

Give me the pictures and I'll do it. :D

What would you rate Khan?

KAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHN!!!!!
Sorry. Couldn't resist.
The one I have the most sympathy
for is Elizabeth. She doesn't want to
look you in the face an looks like she
wants to cry.

Montezuma is great because he rants
like a Doctor Doom super-villan.

I would feel more for Rammy if he didn't become a world villain every single game with his super populated cities and ridiculous culture rate, ultimately leading to an army 4X the size of any others.

Truly a classic Civ V topic! :goodjob:

Just go on and conquer the rest of the posse!

Aaand.. after G&K we want to see sympathy scores for Boudicca, William and the rest.

By the way, I need to have William's shoes:
Spoiler :

Listen, to what she is saying, look at her smile...
Ähm... I could explain it to you - but we would have to do this in the over-18-area, I assume... ;)

It seems, the producers aspect a mostly male audience. It's a bit jingoistic and I hope, my partner will never see this. (She is very emanicipated and very easy to upset about these issues...)
That or this is in keeping with Catherine's real-life personality. (P.S. It is.)

Nebuchadnezzar's alternate defeat quote is the best. I don't remember it exactly, but it's something like:

"I've been defeated. How interesting! I'll say hello to the demons for you."

I agree, this is a fun thread. :)

I'd like to suggest a slight bump in Ramesses's score, simply because he is clearly channeling Obi-Wan Kenobi with his quote. Surely coolness can contribute a bit to sympathy?

Great thread! I wonder, do the alternate defeat quotes come up at random, or is it based on who started the last war?

The Babylon quote is my favourite so far. How interesting...

Great thread! I wonder, do the alternate defeat quotes come up at random, or is it based on who started the last war?

The Babylon quote is my favourite so far. How interesting...

im glad someone unearthed this one. ive never seen this thread but its thoroughly enjoying. thanks.

and Neb's quote is definitely the coolest to me. It's like he doesnt care what happens in mortal life, as if victory or defeat dont really matter.

I've only gotten a couple of these culture eradicated animations, they are always interesting as most leader animations are cold or egotistical.

I rarely do domination vics so these are still really new to me. Im curious what Isabella and Pachacuti's are. An edited collection of these in a youtube video would be EPIC!!

I did a small run with the DLC leaders which weren't covered yet (Genghis and Neb already there with their great defeat screens :) ) and took screenshots. I'll put those in spoilers, because:
a) there are a few for each leader, to show a sequence and alternative texts.
b) the resolution might be a tad big for some users (it's 1366x768 actually, but not everyone has a 22" monitor to comfortably view them and the rest of the forum as well)

I let myself to insert my own comments and sympathy level rating, so please OP, don't hate on me as I absolutely love the idea and the whole thread! :goodjob:

1. Isabella's first. She drops her cross (well that's meaningful), prays briefly and looks overcome by grief. Sympathy level: 4/10, because I can't forget how much of annoyance she usually is :D

Spoiler :

2. Pachacuti. Seems like he can't cope with defeat, he tosses away his ceremonial axe and makes this surprised face. Sympaty level: 7/10, because he is always so enthusiastic and friendly :( Couldn't get to his other text.

Spoiler :

3. Kamehameha. He does a small but very serious dance and turns away to see his beloved ocean. My sympathy level: 6/10, another unique culture conquered :(

Spoiler :

4. Harald Bluetooth. After watching his ornate helmet for a while he tosses it into the sea (with a loud splash) and goes to the back of the longboat, presumably to get himself some ale and forget about anything. Sympathy level: 3/10 for the "Jarl" line, he couldn't care less :D

Spoiler :

5. Sejong. Him finally. Sympathy level: 8/10, just look how devastated he is. :(

Spoiler :

Otto's reaction makes me wish some other civ liberates one of his cities that I captured so that I can have the pleasure of defeating him once again.

:lol:

===

Anyways, great thread!

re: the "take care of the Peacocks" line. that's my favorite resignation line. cracks me up everytime!

This is a great thread! It's nice to see these as I try not to kill AIs outright so as to avoid the warmonger penalty.

I kind of feel sorry for Pachacuti, but I can never take him seriously as whenever I meet him in the early game he always seems to be 'Afraid' of me!

The only resignation line I've seen from Ghandi is this: "You have defeated a helpless and innocent people. Congratulations."

DUDE! You attacked me 7 times before the Industrial Era!

Love how Pachacuti throws his axe and sulks alone.

"Fine, go on and conquer my kingdom, like I care! I hate you mom!"

Thanks for helping the thread janboruta!

Whenever Harun gives me the peacocks line, I want to sell one of his cities that I captured to another civ, declare war, take it back, then liberate it. It makes me feel like a monster...

Top Bottom