The Leaders' Reaction to War

Mzrokks

Rammy VS the World
I declared war on all the leaders. Study their reaction for future reference. The leaders are in alphabetical order.

Start of War Reaction Enyclopedia
Alexander - Catherine
Part 1

Quite relaxed, but the menace is in Alexander's eyes. And the horse staring at you is pretty intimidating. Overall not that scary though. Threat Level - 3

Askia comes close to attacking you, but then stabs the ground with his sword. Then he glares. Threat Level - 8

Caesar's bored look is replaced by a semi-bored look which says: "Oh no, not again..." Threat Level - 3

Bismarck is clearly very, very annoyed. He shouts at you in German, then puts hands behind back and glares. Threat Level - 7

Catherine doesn't look very menacing, but she fires a few lines of rapid Russian. Here eyes are what win her a few extra points, look at them, that is power! Threat Level - 7

Next Time: Darius - Hiawatha

Attachments

• Alexander.JPG
    Alexander.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,113
  • Askia.JPG
    Askia.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 2,090
  • Augustus Ceasar.JPG
    Augustus Ceasar.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,073
  • Bismarck.JPG
    Bismarck.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 2,071
  • Catherine.JPG
    Catherine.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 2,080
Darius - Hiawatha
Part 2

Darius is angry, but quiet and menacing. He looks a bit powerful and yet weak at the same time. Threat Level - 5

That is power. Her eyes pierce you and pin you to the spot! Threat Level - 8

Must I comment? What a pathetic reaction, he looks like he already lost. Threat Level - 1

Not much menace here. Note the murderous glint in his eyes. A few other barely noticable factors make Harun al-rashid look like a threat and a good opponent. Threat Level - 6

Hiawatha doesn't look angry, but come on, he scares me too. Threat Level - 6

Next time: Montezuma - Ramesses.

N.B: Agree? Disagree? I want to hear it. Please post and I may edit the above entries!

Attachments

• Darius.JPG
    Darius.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,992
  • Elizabeth.JPG
    Elizabeth.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,952
  • Gandhi.JPG
    Gandhi.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,972
  • Hiawatha.JPG
    Hiawatha.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 2,004
  • Harun al-Rashid.JPG
    Harun al-Rashid.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,982
Really fresh post on these forums, finally something that doesn't have anything with how good or bad civ 5 is. I agree with most of your estimations, but I don't feel very good when Cathy DOW me. I would describe it as you described it when you were talking about Elisabeth. You feel pinned down with her look. I would give a lower grade to Alex because he is acting like arrogant and foolish youngster who's daddy is a king of big empire and not like a big warrior what he is supposed to be.

Haha, I love this thread.

To be fair to Gandhi, it is sort of hard to make Gandhi threatening when the man's entire life and existence was dedicated to non-violence, hah.

Also, I have to say, Askia is given a lot of character and I love his animations. Harun al-Rashid though, has to be one of my favorites overall.

This is especially nice for me because I have a low end system, and while I've played with leader animations on sometimes, I usually just turn them to the lowest setting which is a still-screen. :(

could you do the next time now?

Gandhi looks like he needs to find a toilet, and fast...though I suppose the Ganges would suffice as well. :lol:

Bismarck is such a God in this game <3

Finish this, plz.

Darius gets angry, but I can never take him seriously because of his strong Scottish accent and body language. I always want to offer him a wee dram o' single malt to calm him down! :lol:

Great thread. :goodjob:

:lol::lol::lol: Aside from the animations, he even plays bad most of the time getting eliminated earlier on.

I think this is because the AI doesn't account for his UA, so expands into lots of cities, which is a huge penalty for him.

Darius gets angry, but I can never take him seriously because of his strong Scottish accent and body language. I always want to offer him a wee dram o' single malt to calm him down! :lol:

I always love it when someone hits a nail right on its head. You, sir, have done just that!

:goodjob:

He looks frightening when he starts speaking, but after that you realize that he's a coward:mischief:.

Part 3 is coming tomorrow! Thanks for the support! :)
Meanwhile here are the HD pics!

Attachments

• Montezuma.JPG
    Montezuma.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 1,448
  • Napoleon.JPG
    Napoleon.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,456
  • Nebuchadnezzar II.JPG
    Nebuchadnezzar II.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,431
  • Ramesses II.JPG
    Ramesses II.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 1,438
  • Oda Nobunaga.JPG
    Oda Nobunaga.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,406
Fun idea for a thread! :goodjob:

I must disagree with your assessment of Catherine's threat level. Her icy death glare and the venom in her tone of voice deserve a 7 at least.

Darius probably looks powerful because he is on a pedestal, looking down at you. At the same time he looks weak because he is located far off in the distance and appears small and scrawny.

Gandhi's picture made me laugh. He looks like he is cowering and begging for mercy already! :lol:

Really fresh post on these forums, finally something that doesn't have anything with how good or bad civ 5 is. I agree with most of your estimations, but I don't feel very good when Cathy DOW me. I would describe it as you described it when you were talking about Elisabeth. You feel pinned down with her look. I would give a lower grade to Alex because he is acting like arrogant and foolish youngster who's daddy is a king of big empire and not like a big warrior what he is supposed to be.
Due to popular request I am making a few changes...
a). Catherine gets a higher score. I'm raising her 4 to a 7 - I think that should suffice.
b). Yes, Alexander does look like a coward. Though his horse gives you the evil eye, and so does he, there isn't much menace anywhere. I'm downgrading his 5 to a 3.
c). Giving Gandhi 2 is unfair on the others. He goes from 2 to 1 now.
d). I'm giving Harun al-Rashid a higher score. He just looks so magnificent and menacing - that's a 6 instead of 4.
e). The Threat Levels are now in glorious RED.
That sums it up. Now for Part 3! (Feel free to post more suggestions on any of the leaders' score - your help is very important!)

Monty should be 8 or 9 at least. He looks like he'd happily rip your head off and violate the stump.

Montezuma - Ramesses II
Part 3

I don't think I am mistaken in saying that this guy is seriously creepy. He snatches up a strange and painful looking weapon and brandishes it as he looks at you. The wall of skulls adds to the tension. Threat Level - 9

Not much emotion from the horse, but look at Napoleon! He makes a fist and shadows cover his face as he plots your destruction. Napoleon Bonaparte is the opposite of the Mahatma - he looks like he has just won the war. Threat Level - 8

I am uncertain about this leader. He looks so calm but his words confirm his madness. Threat Level - 5

Oda turns to you and faces you with anger - he looks betrayed. Though his surroundings and overall feeling make you think he's a nice guy - that lessens the Threat Level significantly. Threat Level - 6

This was a hard one to judge, as was the Babylonian King. In terms of shock he just leans forward, pushes his cane to the side, and looks to the left like he's considering his life choices. Hm. This is very hard. I must say, once again: Threat Level - 5

Next time: Ramkhamhaeng - Wu Zeitan.

And since I have a lot of time on my hand today:
Here are the beautiful pictures! The Part 4 will be here by, say, 30 minutes, ok? :)

Attachments

• Ramkhamhaneg.JPG
    Ramkhamhaneg.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 948
  • Suleiman.JPG
    Suleiman.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 954
  • Washington.JPG
    Washington.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 933
  • Wu Zeitan.JPG
    Wu Zeitan.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 948
The knife what Monty has is a ritual knife used in sacrifices to cut the slave's/captured enemy's heart out.

Top Bottom