1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The lone soldier fighting

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by jasper, Dec 30, 2013.

1. OnceAKing

OnceAKing Warlord

I just stopped in to say I might do this going forward as a sort of royal guard. and keep them as whatever unit they were when they did there battlefield heroics

I typically do the opposite. And purposely send in the same division into every war as a sort of elite unit like certain special forces units or something. As a sort of source of prestige to my military on the war front. And if I'm a warring civ like Mongolia I tend to keep the general in the front with that unit like a sort of king.

2. therottweiler

therottweiler Chieftain

Excellent reference and a damn good author.

3. Sturmgewher88mm

Sturmgewher88mm Kaiser

I did both of these in Civ Rev. Build a small elite force to attack with, and once they're obsolete, station them in the capital or some historic battlefield and just build new units to act in their place.

Does anyone else lay down citadels or holy sites where they had some major battle, and then station a special unit there?

4. xxblackdog

xxblackdog Chieftain

Nice, haha.

5. Propman

Propman Chieftain

You know, landships seem to be able to accomplish lots with just one tank in the unit, but they must go through a lot of tanks, with those poor lads in the second Mark IV that always seems to explode whenever an enemy does so much as look at it funny.