The Lonely Hearts Club: Second cycle.

Cool, cool. I've been going through all of the map types lately and hemispheres with islands mixed in does seem to be the best for this. It tends to be generous with the tiny offshore islands. I'll play around with this later tonight and hopefully have something good to post by tomorrow evening.

ecuwins feel free to host the series, I, unfortunally, don't have time at the moment to do anything with the Lonely Hearts Club. I'll update the bullpen aswell if you want.

While the next game is still a ways off, I just noticed that Peter is next in the lineup. Since the current Nobles Club game is doing Peter, would anybody be against skipping him for one session? That means Wang Kon will be next and then Peter.

So once again it's the holidays. Consequently, I'll be posting Hammurabi within the next two weeks due to this. I also won't be around much to participate for the following week or so.

If any one has any requests/thoughts/prayers/no one cares/ect... I'm all ears for the next several days.

As always, I'll look forward to seeing how everybody plays out the map.

Ugh, AGG heroes in isolation are the worst.

I hope you give us a kind start, unlike what happened with Lonely Genghis Khan a long time ago (that possibly the worst start I've ever seen as a Civ player. Serious)

No marble/stone perhaps? Would be fun to rely less on wonderspam. :)
But that have to be countered by something else.. Perhaps a few early happy-resources and alot of rivers to cottage?

Hammurabi is the leader I learned the game with, and I would say that of most agg leaders, he is better suited for islation than most.
You can make a quick try for a lvl 4 unit, with cheap barraks, and then throwing out a few bowmen (the UU, a archer with some extra bonus vs melee, so they stand a change against barb spears/axes)

The org trait is also nice.
Would be sweet with some seafood around, to utilize the cheaper lighthouses!

Much more important than the human start island is that there is no super runaway AI. MUCH more. Most people who tough out a bad start have a chance to win, but not when they meet 5 buddhist nations with one having 22% of the world's land (and 30% with peacevassals).

Yeah, don't worry too much about the starting area. I like to make it jive a little bit with the leader's traits and starting techs. What makes or breaks the overall experience is the AI situation. Just so you know, be weary of generous starts. There is always a catch :mischief:

Yeah, don't worry too much about the starting area. I like to make it jive a little bit with the leader's traits and starting techs. What makes or breaks the overall experience is the AI situation. Just so you know, be weary of generous starts. There is always a catch :mischief:

I realize that, but I just can't forget LHC Genghis...

Oh, I ment my ideas not to be in the starting area, but I was talking about the entire island.
You get to play a entierly different game, if there is a lack of stone/marble.

And if you have happiness resouces, you can play a totaly different game, compared to if you have none.

And for me personally (I realize others have different taste!),
the island is more important than the AI situation.
I don't mind seeing a runaway AI and resigning after optics, if the game has caught my interest before that, with a opening that leaves itself to creative interesting solutions.

Top Bottom