1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lonely Hearts Club: Second cycle.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by i_imperator, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Smilingrogue

Smilingrogue Raging Barbarian

When is the next LHC scheduled? I learnt a lot playing Isabella LHC and I would love to play more. :)

2. ecuwins

ecuwins Emperor

There's really no schedule for these. But it's usually about every month or so.

3. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

You can just load a older game, play it and post in that thread too.
    I do that all the time! :)

4. Smilingrogue

I am already playing some old LHC games. I am not sure about posting in their threads, though, as lots of message boards frown upon reviving old threads.

Thanks for the clarification, ecuwins, I look forward to a new one whenever it may be released. :)

5. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Civ IV Emperor EQM Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

For those type of threads it is welcome and expected on here.

6. Habitus

Habitus Emperor

+1

I need to get round to fixing up the Immortal University Bullpen, its about 10 games behind for linking to the game's thread + needs sorting out as I only quickly put it together :)

7. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

IU is abit messier than some of the others. But it's worth it!
    Besides, it's quite easy to just search for "Immortal University" on the boards, and go through the games.

I'm currently trying out a HA-rush in IU64-Victoria. Per ben-jammins recommendations. Fun stuff!

8. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

I think it's vay to little thread-lifting in other aspects as well, such as strategy.

I don't know where the practice of leaving old threads alone begun, but I don't see it as a good practice at all, especially not in a strategy forum.

We haven't had a new version of civ4 in... 4 years?
    So everything mentioned about gameplay from that period is still 100% valid.

9. ecuwins

ecuwins Emperor

Ok, I've had this Pericles map sitting on my desktop for a couple months now. I'll get it posted soon. I start a new job on Monday so it may be the last from me for awhile, but hopefully not :)

10. Smilingrogue

Looking forward to it, ecuwins. Good luck with your new job! :)

11. ecuwins

ecuwins Emperor

12. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Is anybody interested in this series, and taking up and hosting this series again? Unfortunately I am just too busy with my college masters course, I only have enough time to play my own games, and there's plenty of better map makers out there too :) :) ;)

13. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

No grabbers? I have too many unfinished games and SGOTM going on, so can't start playing a new game right now, but I could put together a map for this, then we can see how much interest there is in playing LHC games. Who's next? Boudica for a challenge with no good synergy for isolated start, or Joao for easy mode?

14. Thrar

Thrar King

I'd happily play it, but prefer not to host. A leader without specific bonuses (or any, even - e.g. Toku) would be more interesting to me than someone made for it like Joao.

15. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

It seems this list has loosely been followed, which would put Boudi after Pericles. She's got the CHA happiness bonus, which is good with few resources avaliable, but otherwise not much going on that would help in isolation.

16. Thrar

Thrar King

AGG gives cheaper drydocks, doesn't it? :mischief:

17. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

18. ecuwins

ecuwins Emperor