The lord of the ring

Flipantropo

Chieftain
Hello, Im getting the hang of this game and altough there are many concepts I dont quite fully understand theres one that intrigues me a lot, and its the kings behaviour.

As far as i know, the king will contact you sporadically to ask for some of your gold as inmediate payment, or to increase your taxes, taking money from you over time as you sell stuff in Europe. Im not concerned a lot about rising taxes, I always agree to it because if i didnt I wouldnt be able to sell the few products on which extraction and processing my colonies specialize, thus losing more money than if I just accept the tax rise. I am also fond of some founding fathers whose benefits scale with tax rate.

So when I refuse to kiss the ring, its always because the king asked for a lump sum of money, and I noticed he becomes increasingly annoyed at me when I do so. Getting bad diplomatic relations with a leader that could declare war on you or refuse to trade with you depending on it is a bad thing, but what about your king? He cant refuse to trade with you or DoW you at his convenience, thats only going to happen when you declare your independence.

So my question is: whats the prize of refusing to kiss the ring, when the king asks for inmediate cash? What if the king is mad at you? Does that influence the power he adds to the expeditionary army? Will he increase your taxrate faster?

If the King is annoyed with you he will no longer sell you cheap troops. I believe it may also influence the size of the REF (although I'm not sure about that) but it won't affect your tax rate increases as they are tied to the amount of trade you do.

However that is all pretty minor stuff and I have much better uses for my cash than giving it away so I never cave in to any of his demands.

The tax increases are entirely different though and I have no choice but to accept them if I wish to continue to trade with Europe.

If the King is annoyed with you he will no longer sell you cheap troops. I believe it may also influence the size of the REF (although I'm not sure about that) but it won't affect your tax rate increases as they are tied to the amount of trade you do.

However that is all pretty minor stuff and I have much better uses for my cash than giving it away so I never cave in to any of his demands.

The tax increases are entirely different though and I have no choice but to accept them if I wish to continue to trade with Europe.

You mean cannons and veteran soldiers?

Buying cannons and veterans is much more cheaper from the king, than from europe.

It depends what kind of an situation you have. On revolutionary I usually give him some gold just to get cheap and fast cannons and veterans for quick defense.

Top Bottom