The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King

Would you have succumbed to the Ring?

• Oh yeah. I don't know if I could have kept it up.

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Hah! I would have carried it to Orodruin and back!

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I would have used it!

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • My precious....

Votes: 20 54.1%

• Total voters

CivCube

Spicy.
It's coming! :D

Will you see it? Do you think it can win Best Picture?

Boo! Hiss! Oh well, Cold Mountain sounds good as well. ;)

I'll go and see it, I doubt it will think it the best movie ever just yet though :)

They'll sweep the Marketting Awards.

I'll go see it like a good little consumer and like the previous two I probably won't like it very much. But the theatre experience you get with high budget/SFX films like this make up for any other failings the film may have.

i watched the first one and had to have my 9 year old nephew try and explain it to me. I didn't understand it and after 3 hours of watching it the ending was crappy. i have not seen the other one because i doubt it would be much better

Originally posted by CivCube
Boo! Hiss! Oh well, Cold Mountain sounds good as well. ;)

Anything with Jack White in it is good. :D

And I do want to see Return of the King badly. I hope it wins best picture and not some stupid historical fiction starring a Hollywood pretty boy. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by archer_007
I doubt it will get best picture. The Academy Awards are about art, not popularity.
Then how do you explain Titanic getting Best Picture?

I doubt it will get best picture. The Academy Awards are about art, not popularity.

Correction: The Acadamy Awards are about faux-art films that are kind of popular but not really. The real art and real popular films never win.

Originally posted by cgannon64

Correction: The Acadamy Awards are about faux-art films that are kind of popular but not really. The real art and real popular films never win.

True. YNCS, you can refer to this also. Looking at list of recent winners, most have been at lease semi-popular.

And these LOTR movies are NOT some of the best quality films we've had in a long time? After the mass of SNL movies and Dude Where's My Car and sequels to Friday and Incredible Hulk, LOTR is not a work of art in comparison?

Well, LOTR won mass awards for the first movie. It didn't for the second and there's no way it could win all these awards 3 years in a row. Texas Chainsaw and Anger Management deserve a chance too. :rolleyes:

I think the people involved in LOTR can live without the Academy Awards. They'll have the millions of people visiting their movie and buying DVDs etc.
Not the glory but still the money. ;)

I think Lotr DESERVES to win Best Picture.

Look at it this way; the closest Hollywood has come yet this year to developing an equally complex and detailed milieu is "Pirates of the Caribbean". Do you really think Orlando Bloom deserves that Academy Award? Wouldn't you really rather give it to... Orlando Bloom?

:mischief: He's hedged his bets.

Originally posted by floppa21

And these LOTR movies are NOT some of the best quality films we've had in a long time? After the mass of SNL movies and Dude Where's My Car and sequels to Friday and Incredible Hulk, LOTR is not a work of art in comparison?

Well, LOTR won mass awards for the first movie. It didn't for the second and there's no way it could win all these awards 3 years in a row. Texas Chainsaw and Anger Management deserve a chance too. :rolleyes:
not to mention dumb and dumberer: when harry met lloyd.

Originally posted by Pontiuth Pilate
I think Lotr DESERVES to win Best Picture.

Look at it this way; the closest Hollywood has come yet this year to developing an equally complex and detailed milieu is "Pirates of the Caribbean". Do you really think Orlando Bloom deserves that Academy Award? Wouldn't you really rather give it to... Orlando Bloom?

:mischief: He's hedged his bets.
hehe.
anyway, pirates of the caribbean was great. it'll get all the awards :)
Johnny Depp is a sexy beast :D

Horrifying to relate, I actually liked it ;) I was expecting another flimsy blockbuster. The characters actually had.... character. It was amazing :D though the skeleton effects were very Disney :p

I disliked the ending though, it was very unrealistic..... Johnny Depp shoulda got the girl! :D

Top Bottom