1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The Max amount of Civs & City States

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Commish, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Commish

Commish Chieftain

I am trying to figure out what the maximum amount of civs and city states you can use in a game, I have a mod that gives you a bunch of basic YnAmp basic civilizations cause theirs a ton but after adding them all in along with all the city states it seems a bunch are missing =/

Can some one let me know what the max is so I can set up a decent game where 1 continent is stacked while other are bare =)

Thanks!

2. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 Chieftain

The limit is 63 or 64 "civs" (I think), but one slot is reserved for Barbarians (and one for the player, obviously). So go with 62 combined civs/CS and you should be good.

Hawke9 and Aramanesh like this.
  3. Commish

Commish Chieftain

Appreciate the info m/

4. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 Chieftain

From Gedemon: 62 is the absolute max allowed by the game (there are 64 player slots but 1 is used for barbarian and 1 is used for free cities)

Hawke9 likes this.
  5. Leathaface

Leathaface Chieftain

I'd really love to play Civ VI with all the Civs and City States, that'd be like the true Civ experience. However I wouldn't like waiting 7+ minutes each turn.

*ahem* Anybody got a NASA Supercomputer that I can buy?