1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] The Mechanism of Great People

The Mechanism of Great People

1. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Lily_Lancer submitted a new resource:

The Mechanism of Great People era - The Mechanism of Great People

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Victoria likes this.
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Nice find.. world era +1 makes sense where before I could only see clouds.

3. PMac67

PMac67 Chieftain

Great People is so Broken and Unbalanced... Just roll the dice and cross your fingers !

4. Kyro

Kyro Chieftain

@Lily_Lancer

May I please find out which lines of codes did you observe the "world era+1" from?

5. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

It's done by multiple experiments. This world era calculation may be hard coded in the dll so I didn't find them.

6. Victoria

I can confirm that I did some initial tests when @Lily_Lancer asked but never finished them... I went back to them after the writing and can confirm this seems to be the case also.

@Lily_Lancer it would be nice if all of the bits about great people were in there to make it complete and more useful... but its up to you of course.

7. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Are there any other unknown issues about great people?

Okay, I heard that Adam Smith do not work properly in most cases. Since I never seen him appearing on my GP list, I don't know the mechanism of the unusual Adam Smith. I'm wondering whether those who appreciate this GP really recruited him once or not.

I can explain for Mary Ricky and the tourism +50% policy, these two interact with each other so that the GS tourism do not work properly with the policy. The same happens to Relic*3 and Kandy.

8. Victoria

I think I was the first to read this, it seems complete now.,... great... 5 stars

9. Kyro

Kyro Chieftain

That's sad to hear I was really hoping to to edit that so it's World Era + 0. Would really stop killing off the great people then. Great job on the find though, would explain a lot of things.

10. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Most GPs are of no use. Kongo or Russia or Greece maybe your best friend for SV since they may reach Atomic era on culture tree early enough to help you avoid many useless GSs. If that happens before T150 it really makes sense. (And you have to totally destroy other Civs so that only you and one of them can be more than 50% of the current existing Civs.)

11. Kyro

Kyro Chieftain

Yeah and most of the useless ones tend to deny the better ones from spawning and that's really annoying. Thanks for the tip though I'm more interested in forging the greatest civilization than winning the fastest game.~

12. Meister Maggi

Meister Maggi Chieftain

Thanks for collecting the info.

I just realised in a recent game that, in my view unfortunately, the whole concept of GP Era is World Era +1 is taken to the limit.

I played a peaceful Deity game with Smoother difficulty and lower tech speed, which ended up with three out of six civs in the information era while we were still grabbing GPs - the problem is, it then considers information era+1 so upon someone receiving the first information era GP of some kind, the system jumps to those of the next era (...) and no further GP are available.

13. Ernest Witherspoon

Ernest Witherspoon Chieftain

Thanks for sharing the helpful information regarding the mechanism of the great people.

14. Eyswein

Eyswein Chieftain

Great tip! Three other civs max remaining and one of them needs to be advancing deep.

15. johnniewalk

johnniewalk Chieftain

excellent one, very well said and thanks for the link mechanism of great people.