1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Missile cruiser and stealth destroyer

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Killazeke14, May 27, 2010.

1. Killazeke14

Killazeke14 Chieftain

I really dont like how the bts exspansion replaced the battleship it makes no sense! Also i dont like the stealth destroyer and to the best of my knowledge there is no such thing on the sea right now.:mad:

2. IAM

IAM Emperor

3. BobeBrown

BobeBrown Warlord

lol. Standard civ4:BTS is way behind technology. Stealth ships are like ooooooold.

4. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

It makes perfect sense. Battleships are now obsolete, due to how easy they can be taken out by submarines. The smaller more agile are preferred, thus the missile cruiser. As for the stealth destroyer, did you actually think it was supposed to be an invisible ship? Its just like the stealth bomber; simply radar proof.

5. Nicol.Bolas

Nicol.Bolas Prince

6. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Do you see battleships any more? You don't? Neither do I. They've been replaced with missile cruisers in-game because the use of battleships in an era of extremely long-distance fighting is silly.

Also, isn't stealth a future tech anyway? Why are you complaining? Fusion is a future tech as well and we don't have fusion right now either.

But since stealth is happening now and that there are stealth ships, your fifty millionth post is annoying, especially since I'm sure it gives the reason why battleships are obsoleted in the Civilipedia (sic).

7. Beamed

Beamed Chieftain

Even sillier is silly putty.