1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mod of Modness

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by georgestow, Nov 4, 2010.

1. georgestow

georgestow Proud to be Awesome

Okay, it's finally here, the Mod of Modness. I've been working on this for years and it's finally ready for release! It's not finished, as such, but I'm so tired of it not being released that I just have to do this now otherwise I won't ever. Y'know?

If you are going to play this, that's fine. However, I would love it if you could comment on it, tell me what needs improving and give tips and stuff.

The main thing currently unfinished is the civilopedia. Because that takes aaaaages.
    Now, this is probably the henchest mod you'll ever download, so it'll take a good few hours probably. Sorry, but it is HUGE.

The direct download - DOWNLOAD HERE! [you want the .rar file - just ignore the .torrents]
    2nd direct download that works better than mine - DOWNLOAD HERE! [thanks to tom2050 for uploading this! =D]

Because the direct download is really slow and sometimes unreliable, I've now set up a torrent, which should, in time, be faster, once we get more seeds and stuff. So PLEASE seed once you've downloaded it.
    The torrent is attached to this post.

25/11/10 - Patch 1. Some stuff tidied up. The previous biq had been downloaded 61 times before.
    9/12/10 - Patch 2. More tidying and debugging. Also, tech tree background for ancient era. The previous biq had been downloaded 20 times before.
    16/12/10 - Patch 3. Tidied up some more stuff. More tech tree backgrounds. Forgot to look at how many times the biq had been downloaded before, but I think it was somewhere between 20-50. ;D
    30/12/10 - Patch 4. Changed a few graphics, did a bit more on the civilopedia and sorted a few more bugs. Also merged first 3 patches together. Patch #1 had been downloaded 63 times, #2 50 times and #3 23 times.
    8/1/11 - Patch 5. Various things - graphics, tech costs, turn time periods, made Zulu things slightly better, etc. Previous .biq had been downloaded 50 times.
    12/2/11 - Patch 6. Sorted out a few badly indexed images. Tweaked a few things. Added the arrows for the Neo-Modern era. Previous .biq had been downloaded 59 times. Patch #4, 66 times; Patch #5, 60 times; Patches 1-3 combined, 58 times. Merged first 5 patches together.

Post 2. Mod Features
    Post 3. Credits
    Post 4. Screenshots

Attached Files:

2. georgestow

• Civ Specific Great Wonders
    • Age of Power Units
    • Flavour Units
    • New Interface
    • Massively Expanded Tech Tree
    • Entirely Replaced Leaderheads
    • Goes Into The Future
    • Can Play With Upto All 31 Civs on a Map
    • Loads of New Units
    • Masses of New Buildings
    • A Huge Amount of New Wonders
    • A Mars Base Project to Replace the Space Ship Victory
    • More Resources
    • Several Additional Governments
    • And More!

Explained:
    Civ Specific Great Wonders: Each civilization has their own wonder that only they can build. eg. The Aztecs can research and build the great wonder Templo Mayor after researching Mysticism.
    Age of Power Units: Each civilization has a load of units that only they can make, and at a certain point. For example, at the end of the Medieval Era and the beginning of the Industrial Era, there are a load of British units that no-one else can build.
    Flavour Units: Certain units, like the Spearman and the Knight, look different for each of a set 11 culture groups.

3. georgestow

Okay, I WILL miss masses of people off of here. If you see some stuff used in the mod that I haven't thanked someone for, and you know who, please say and I'll edit this.

Here goes. Thanks to: Plotinus, Sandris, imperator1961, Wyrmshadow, tom2050, TopGun, aaglo, ShiroKobbure, Kinboat, Ares de Borg, Kyriakos, Ogedei_the_Mad, HenryStow, Virote_Considon, Steph, Civinator, Ukas, Spacer One, Yoda Power, mrtn, embryodead, Partizanac, Rob (R8XFT), Rufus T. Firefly, Arne, RedAlert, Balthasar, Grandraem, Sword_Of_Geddon , Jesus, my family, my girlfriend and way more. Please tell me who else. Please.

4. georgestow

I'll upload more as time goes by. This is just from a quick game I started up to show you a few screenies. Five screens per spoiler.
    Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Here are some more screenies, not taken by me, thanks to Nihtantuel. Nihtantuel's screenies!

5. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

I've been looking forward to this! Nice to see it finally released!

6. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

Wow, just in time to save me from trying Rhye's again (had to fix settler again). DL now just 8 hrs to go. Very nice to see GS. Oops 9 hrs.

7. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

sigh mine will take forever, it bounces to days to hours and hours to days lol

i don't know if that's a idea but perhaps you can divide in 4 or 5 parts? or it will be same time downloading?

8. georgestow

Well I want to torrent it as I said, but I can't yet, cos no-one else has it. So, once you have downloaded really slowly, could you please help out? Anyone willing? I can't really divide it up now because it's hosted at my dad's and I'm not there.

Anyways, thanks for (attempting) downloading right now! All of you! =D

9. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

try to put in torrent and i download from there slowly so after if people will have torrent they can join the progress of downloading-uploading

10. georgestow

Well I want to know if people will actually help torrenting first.

11. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

oh ok np by the way looks nice your mod cant wait to try it :)

12. georgestow

The right answer was 'I'll help you torrent it once I've finished downloading.'. Just so you know for next time. ;D

A load more screenies!

13. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

lol i will but like you said yourself people have to agree with torrent first lol

14. Moosezilla

Well it didn't work first time but will try again w/FDM which supports a pause. Oops try #3!

15. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

What is up with download site, it has only maxium of 10k/sec? :sad: Please load this to either atomic or file front or Mega upload or whaterver upload service you want, but if you every want anyone to use this. :eek:1G+ is to big to come from home server. at maxium 10k/sec, it takes too long ie 70+hours at that rate. :confused::crazyeye:

16. georgestow

Look, considering how long it takes to d/l, how long d'you think it'll take me to upload it? Yes, it takes too long from my dad's server but that's just what we've got right now. I'll try and sort something else out, but can you please just try? I'm really sorry about it, but it's just the way things are... =P

17. tom2050

tom2050 Chieftain

I started downloading it this morning, and it said it was going to take 1 day (or more, not sure, Google Chrome isn't showing specifics)! :) Still not near done, but when it is finished georgestow, I can upload it to some other sites and give you the links.

EDIT: In fact, I'm not sure if it is still going or not, it hasn't moved in awhile. Might have to wait for you to reupload it, if it doesn't come through by tomorrow or the next day!

EDIT2: It slowed down to 6.2kB/sec, and went back up to taking 2+ days. I'm going to have to just cancel it out and wait. Sorry georgestow! I'll have to dl when it gets on a faster site. Filedropper.com gives fast speeds and is free for everyone (up to 5GB files).

18. smirnoff

smirnoff Crusader

i downloaded took me around 9 hours from bitcomet so you can take a chance from there if you want but yes indeed, what tom2050 said

19. Moosezilla

I got it in only 16hrs. VenetianDefault.flc (Galleass) was only "fail". Will try and report back.

20. Moosezilla

Have not tried yet but had to "repair" the beast. Six corrupt files. All are "The Mod Of Modness\Art". Four are "\Units". 1)\VenetianGalleass\VenetianDefault.flc 2)Spanish 1550 Hargulatier v2\Fortify.flc 3)\Indian Elephant Cannon\IECVic.flc 4)Germanic Worker\Attack.flc. Two are "\Movies". 5)\Conquests.bik 6)\race.bik. Please consider a small upload of these 6 files. Will try w/o them anyways.

Started a game as Babylon and soon got missing entry msg. So w/my limited modding skill found that: PRTO_Babylonian_Light_Javelinman is more than 31 characters! So that even though he is in Pedialcons.txt... the message appears with a "box" symbol at the end. Will try W/DEBUG Biq.