1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Modding" tutorial guy is a psyhic!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, Feb 18, 2012.

1. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

This might seem strange, but I just remembered.

There is this PDF guide that tells us how to add civs, etc, add new units, modify, etc.

And here's the intresting thing, one of the mods tell us how to create Religion in game (albeit I never actually seen it, it's a focus of one the guides)

And the other.. he tells us how to make Boudica and Celts in game -.- is that guy a psychic xD?

I hope this doens't come across a pointless post, I just like small details.

2. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

Kael's Guide?

3. Optional

Optional Chieftain

There has always been a huge fan input in the Civ series, much stronger examples can be mentioned than the ones you're mentioning, as adding Celts and religion isn't new to the Civ series at all. Civ III Gold contained Civ III vanilla + the first expansion pack + fan made maps. Some Firaxis scenario featured a sheep resource that had originally been made by a fan. I'm sure there are much more and better examples to mention.
    Mods of Civ V came up with features that have been adopted by the official game.

The developers are following the forums, are interested in fans' opinions of the game and are often getting their ideas from 'us'. Firaxis is more costumer orientated than most big game companies, which is something we should be very happy about.
    Remember that the tab 'MODS' is a tab on the main menu of this game, which other big game has that?
    So I don't think anybody is psychic. There's much more mutual influence than you're suspecting.

4. TheMarshmallowBear

True, I mean Firaxis does put good amount of intresting scenarios in, like Rhye's and Fall in Civ 4.

5. Putmalk

Putmalk Chieftain

I will assure you that Kael is not a psychic and that his modding guide did not predict in any way this expansion.

Sorry.

6. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator

Oh, I'd not say that ;).
    Kael probably didn't know what they're planning for an expansion, but what he shows are the obvious things...obvious for modders, and obvious for Firaxis.

7. TheMarshmallowBear

I knew that :shifty:

8. Chibiabos

Chibiabos Chieftain

Is that so, or did he mind control you to say that? ;)

9. Putmalk

Putmalk Chieftain

These are not the droids you are looking for.

10. Brigg

Brigg Chieftain

I always wanted a rustler/roundup mod to steal/move sheep, cattle and horses...

11. Johan de Witt

Johan de Witt Chieftain

All your base are belong to us...