The Modern Times: Researching of the ultimate weapon...

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
The Modern Times: The researching of the ultimate weapon!

With the Modern times approching fast, I decided to put up a discussion what are our goals for research and trade in the Modern Times. I say go for ICBMs and Tactical Nukes. First of all this is what we can research:

This is going to be an important time in the tech race. Do we go after the ultimate weapon of mass destruction for go far a peaceful way out of the game...naaaa...We love war!! The purpose of this Discussion is to see what the people of Fanitica to see what is our goal for the Modern Age...

Discuss...

Minister Truckingpete
Trade and Technology

I agree. Since world opinion wont matter soon (if it does now) we should head straight for these monsters and use "nuclear tactics" for war to finish this game once and for all!

i say go nukes as fast as possible with teh possible exception of getting computers and synthetic fibers

While I wouldn't normally head for nukes, it WOULD be fun to use them against the Aztecs... After all, it should be us, and not them. ;)

Normally, I'd go for Computers, then head for Modern Armor, and then Fission/Miniturization to get the production enhancing improvements.

If we go for Nukes, we'll need: Fission->Rockectry->Space Flight (then Sattelites for ICBMs).

At this stage in the game, that would be a very bad idea (well, I guess we could try to play Santa Claus or sign Aztecs and Zulu into an MA against Persia before the vote, but that is a cheap way to win, plus we're not far from conqust victory anyway).

In the save I have, 1630AD turn 12, It will be extremely difficult to sign a MA with or against the Aztecs as they are dead.

I think we have to be so very careful to avoid a Domination victory; we have 71% pop already and 57 % land; only 394 more tiles needed.

I don't understand, what's wrong with winning by Domination? It's still a win :p.

But yes I agree with everyone else to progress to nukes. It's too late to talk peace now so let's nuke the bastards to kingdom-come!

Because the people voted on conquest. We already had a domination win in DG2. Anway, we're looking at a possible victory in 25 turns after the start of the war. That means about 30 turns from now, and in 4 turns, we get Modern Armor. For 4 turns, we'll build up gold for mass upgrades, then continue possible researching after 5 turns (to get back up above 1000g). Fission and Space Flight take 5 turns. Sattelites take another 5 probably. We'll only have about 15 turns to build nukes, so it does look possible. :nuke:

Also keep in mind that, if we want to continue building Modern Armor, we'll need to boost the production of our cities with Nuclear Plants, Offshore Platforms, and Mfg. Plants.

Crazyness. Or lack of vision? 4 turn till synthetics. Upgrade first batch of units. Attack in turn 5. Our modern armor will walk over Persia. We don't need no carriers, SAMs, or more bombers. All too slow.

And starting turn 7, we can cash rush 4-5 more modern armors per turn. In addition to the about 10 we can build. Unstoppable.

And nukes take too long to research.

its not that nuking is a viable strategy
it is that we want to have fun for our victory instead of jus using conventional weaponery. nukes add excitement and everything...

Persia's army is probably pretty big, after all, we only recently became stronger after having 50 tanks and 30 cavs.

Top Bottom