1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Momus feedback

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Official Scenarios' started by Kael, Dec 15, 2008.

1. MondSemmel

MondSemmel Chieftain

Well, they did nothing whatsoever (essentially moving around on the same spaces over and over again) for 30 or so turns, until one of them became enraged and suddenly entered my borders, pillaging everything in two or three turns.

Perhaps the Krakens that pillaged you were either HN, behaved differently in an earlier version, or simply weren't barbarian? It's also possible that I might be wrong, of course, but I do think it's something worth looking into - if I'm right, then these Krakens need to be changed somehow.

2. blacknight

blacknight Chieftain

Great People being born enraged is just plain cruel!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

3. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

You don't like Mad Scientists?

4. Homunculus

Homunculus Chieftain

this.

Likewise, your heroes being born "weak" "withered" etc.

I mean, I can manage with having to build twice as many LBs etc. just because half of them is either useless or wandering of and getting themselves killed.

but heroes....

Beat it going RoK, and heading north towards the infernals as the first order of business (after getting my ass handed by infernal SoDs in the previous try)

5. Kilrathi

Kilrathi Chieftain

Any real quick tips besides those above? I've never played the Lanun before and the war mechanic doesn't work well with my usual turtle/build approach. I'm thinking of trying to rush to Guybrush and boarding parties to get powerful units (after securing my cities) -- any Lanun-specific techs/strategies that would help? Does it make sense to try to get to OO early on, and if so, why?

Also, is the timer still there in patch "n"? That really needs to be better documented up front, since that sure would have changed my approach if I'd known I were up against a deadline...

6. Breunor

Breunor Deity

I do recommend getting the OO fairly quickly. I wouldn't worry about Guybrush that much. If you get the OO, the cultists of course are very, very tough on the coasts. They Will allow you to hold your own, if near the coast. When you want to go inland it will be much harder.

Another advantage of the OO is that Saverous may be the toughest early hero, and he is quite good against the Infernal, your real opponent -- since Saverous is a demon himself, he doesn't get hit with mutations or the other nasty things that the demons throw at you.

The negative for using the OO is that your units can become manes for the Infernals, who are the 'real' opponent on this map.

Try to get the upgrades for demon slaying and undead slaying. They help balance the overwhelming Infernal power.

For the Lanun, the pirate coves are really powerful. So getting cities on the seas which are NOT in range of the Krakens is very beneficial. Boarding parties are good solid units.

Best wishes,

Breunor

7. cabbagemeister

cabbagemeister Please wait...

The kraken are a pain, but you can take them out fairly easily after you get cultists. 2 tsunamis and my water-walking cultists had 85% odds against them.

8. Kenjister

Kenjister Swimmer

Am I the only one who couldn't use the central lake because the 2 Kraken has Combat 5?
    I have no idea how they got that much XP, I hadn't even lost any units to them!
    I still won though, the lake isn't that central to the strategy.
    I turtled with archers and a few swordsmen until Saverous and Hemah were built. After that it was just mopup. Saverous words wonders against Duke Sallos, demons can't seem to touch that guy. He comes really early too. I promoted Hemah down the Air line and gave him twincast do deal with stacks outside cities. For stacks inside I just him the Tsunami button. Then I cleaned up with some weaker units. You have to move fast so the AI don't get Longbows though. Those are a pain.

9. BroncoFan1407

BroncoFan1407 Chieftain

Excellent Scenario, I loved it!

Does anyone else automatically raze cities when they capture them with no option to retain the city? It didn't look like it from the previous posts on this thread, I'm not sure what I could be doing to auto-raze. I have the Leaves religion and I'm mostly taking cities with Kithra Kyriel.

Auto-razing cities makes it a little more difficult, as civs you are forced to be at peace with can move in and create their own city in the spot where you just ddefeated one.

Thanks!

10. mondits

mondits Chieftain

Man o man this scenario is crazy... and long (in my case). Didn't go OO but went for Order cuz I was like "sheesh evil dudes everywhere need some cleanup." Not the best strategy. Somehow the Duke had a massive power rating even from the very beginning and I never did catch up to until I got Sphener and four Paladins at level 10 each. Guy Singstar was there and so was the horseman dude for the order (valin phaniel was it?). In any case, those krakens in the lake pretty much just swam around there becuz I didn't bother to improve the water tiles there and instead opted for the outer ones and The Black Wind financed my army for the rest of the game (racking in 36 gpt from 3 coastal cities lols).

So yeah, insane perp decided the wars but I focused on the Duke. Just to give you an idea of how it took me to finish this off. The only victory condition was conquest but at some point, I saw in the upperright hand of the screen the message "100 turns left." At this point, I was like OMFG, conquest has a time limit?!! In any case, by this time, I have razed all of the cities to the north west and split the SoD to take care of the hippus northwest and the clowns southwest and I finished with 75 turns left.

Question: would I have lost if I didn't finish the game by then?

11. Guybrush!

Guybrush! Swa/Hyd/Ins/Cha/Cre

Did anyone else get the feeling the Kraken were actually HN units for Perpentach? I did......

12. Bad Player

Bad Player Deity

I tried the OO strategy with tsunami initially but I had trouble on some major non-coastal cities (mostly coz my catapults got assassinated).

I found using the Order to be very successful (and won the scenario with it) because of:
    1) Crusaders with demon slaying and immunity to disease
    2) Paladins as above
    3) Confessors with bless
    4) Most opponents are AV with some OO so the above work well

13. Thunder_Gr

Thunder_Gr Emperor

This was a hard scenario for me. I played it on Monarch, and had to try 3 times before I make it. The infernals, as everyone else have noticed, are the most powerful civ in this scenario.

The seas were uselless, since there is no way to get rid of the krakens. So, the best Lanun weapon was lost. This was why I lost my first try. Tried OO and sea teach...Plain wrong.

Lanun are basically useless on land, so I decided to go with Order for two reasons:

#1: My main rival was the Infernals, and order has the most demon-slaying fitting units available
    #2: Made sure that my losses wouldn't increase the Infernal's power.

I made sure I spread the religion to a few rival cities, hoping this would cut down Infernal reinforces...

My second try failed because I was too slow settling, and didn't produce enough units fast...

Third try was successful. I headed asap for orders from heaven, totally ignored any other techs apart from the religous ones, and pilled up confessors, using bless to stregthen existing units, and after that crusaders.
    It appears that this tactic worked, since Perpentach did not consider to have the others declare war on me, as was the case in the previous attempts, and my only problems came when he was calling for all on all. But again, this time I was always in the offensive :).
    I built both Valin and Sphener, and once more old Valin was up to the task. With blitz, heroic strength II, commando, supported by the High Priest's healing was a killing machine, and the crucial weapon to clear the infernals.
    Sphener, once more, was not so good on the battlefield, mainly because of his inability to get healed by the heal spell...

Putting it in one sentense: Tough but highly enjoyable. Well done!

14. Love

Love Deity

Foodchain of Momus: The rest -> Infernals -> Chalid

15. ash874

ash874 Warlord

insanely hard. the lanun have really weak units. the hero started with weak... i think i played like the computer in dune 2: built rediculous countities of swordsman and sent them to battle. the infernal are very very strong. they took the map almost immedietly. in the end they had one town left and i had about 15 turns to take it before the scenario ends. and then (THE BUG) perp decided to appeal for nobel peace price and declares peace. so about 5 turns before the end i had to enter the worldbuilder and declare war. i think the last turns should be set to war. great scenario but very very hard.

btw: i played with runes of kilmorph all the game. next time only chalid

16. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

This one is really hard. I finally beat it, but strangely, i got the victory text i should have gotten only from betraying perpentach, which i didn't do.

17. Kael

Kael Deity

You trophies are probably messed up from your internal play testing.

18. loki1232

loki1232 Loki

Very possible. It was still satisfying to beat.

19. megamanx06

megamanx06 Caswallan

grrr!!! i find it very annoying not being able to cast tsunami (or whatever the OO priest casts) just because there's 1!!! balseraph unit camping in the city, or just 1 of the tiles in range belongs to them.

20. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

You can anyways because the scenario doesn't allow players to declare war on each other in that scenario. I tried it with tsunami in that scenario before.