The most agonizing Monday of your lives

I have a timer in my head counting down until the mail runs tomorow.

To borrow from the Beastie Boys....

"ONE....SLEEP....TILL CIVTIME!!!!!"

Thankfully, I took a day of annual leave for tomorrow, and stocked up on Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Coke with Splenda. Plus, I have plenty of bread, cheese, and Ramen...

This may be the most agonizing Monday I've had in a while, but tomorrow will be significantly worse if I d/l the demo and find that my system can't play the game.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

only 13 hours remaining!

I don't think the game will be released at midnight.

I think it will be out at 7 AM Pacific Standard Time so 10 AM time in Ontario as far as I know.

I have a timer in my head counting down until the mail runs tomorow.

Uh oh. You're relying on the mail to deliver your copy which has failed me so many times in the past that I no longer pre-order. I can't tell you how many times I've pre-ordered a game just to watch other people rave on the forum how they just picked up a copy at their local walmart and they got to play before me and I pre-odered the thing!

Not this time, I'm picking up my copy at the local walmart, bestbuy, or gamestop...whoever has it first. I'll call around.

Got mine pre-loaded directly from Steam.

I wonder where I'll be tomorrow at 10 AM EST...

I'm amazingly calm. Every is set and ready. Getting some work done and playing some other games I probably won't touch for quite a while to pass the time. I'm more giddy than anxious at this point.

Game comes out at 10am on steam here in the US >.>

7am PST, which is where I'm at, so I'll be civving bright and early (for me, I usually don't roll out of bed that early - working from home has its perks).

I feel bad for my girlfriend she wasn't around for CIV IV release... Hahah she has no idea what she's in store for!

After playing Civ 4, I realized that I'm starting to doubt civ. I usually play on Settler to Warlord difficulty. I tried prince difficulty just to get a challenging AI. Newsflash: It wasn't that the AI was more challenging, it just meant that there are more annoying ways for your civilization to either get wiped out (like a barbarian horde spawning before you've even built your second warrior), or more ways for your civ to just stagnate (higher cost for research).

So the choice is either a bunch of frustrations hindering your growth as a Civ, or creating a super god-damned civ and wipe out your enemies with tanks while your enemies are still fighting with pikemen.

I hope it's different this time around.

After playing Civ 4, I realized that I'm starting to doubt civ. I usually play on Settler to Warlord difficulty. I tried prince difficulty just to get a challenging AI. Newsflash: It wasn't that the AI was more challenging, it just meant that there are more annoying ways for your civilization to either get wiped out (like a barbarian horde spawning before you've even built your second warrior), or more ways for your civ to just stagnate (higher cost for research).

So the choice is either a bunch of frustrations hindering your growth as a Civ, or creating a super god-damned civ and wipe out your enemies with tanks while your enemies are still fighting with pikemen.

I hope it's different this time around.

The rumor is that the AI is an Artificial Ignoramus but we'll just have to see.

My mom asked if I wanted to go with my sister and to pickup her new dog and I laugehd in her face. The infidel has forgotten about the holy day.

Bah! Civ V will be released on Friday here so I'll get in on Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately I have exams during that week so I can't play until weekend. I'm going to a LAN party on weekend so I won't get enough time to play Civ even then. Unless I play Civ while my friends play some other game together. :D

Top Bottom