1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Most annoing ai CIV

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Gundam, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Gundam

Gundam Chieftain

In my opinion the persian ai is by far the lowest scum that civIII has produced.I have never played a single game on monarch or higher levels and had that moronic ai at least cautios towards me. What are your comments?
    ps:they are too strong in ancient and medieval age...the immortales can take over a knight without havin a problem :mad:

2. Yzman

Yzman Chieftain

I would say Zulus...they always sneak attack me and then I have to destroy them when I could be building my economy!

3. Toastedzergling

Toastedzergling Chieftain

Persians are a threat, in my games if they are not fighting an early war then they will become very strong.

Zulus are a nuisance, those impis are annoying like hell, AI loves pillaging and Zulus are #1 at doing that.

I hate Greece as a neigbour, heavy losses when trying to take their cities in early game.

I love Germans in the game, not a close neighbour though, agressive but without an early UU, they will wear other AI Civs and themselves down.

4. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

I came to hate the French as they were the most powerful in my two last games.

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Dread Enforcer

The persians always seem to do well and they will attack without warning over a single luxury!

The babs also anoy me because their attitude seems to change without warning (i.e. get worse)

6. Skyfish

Skyfish Chieftain

I have just destroyed the Germans in my last game and for sure enjoyed it !
    It was quite early in the game and I found my Iroquois swordsmen were really efficient against their Spearmen.
    More than the Mounted Warrior, any horse unit jsut has big problem against Spearmen/Pikemen don't you think ?

SKYFISH

7. Barker

Barker BoomStick

There has never really been 1 AI civ that annoys me the most.

I hate them all!!

No matter how nice I am to them, no matter how many free techs I may give them, no matter how many times I spare some of my precious time to meet with them, they always seem to stab me in the back at some future date.

Death to the AI!

8. WildFire

WildFire amour

Its gotta be Babylon for me because they are always so big (city wise and culturally) that they rule the world. In my last couple of games they were first and second so both time i started a world war in which everyone was basically going against everyone. Guess who got peace first :mad:

9. Panda

Panda Metal head

Egypt and Persia, because they are - barring a hideous starting location - always top dogs.

They're wonderful civs to play with, though :D

10. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

Yes egypt and persia are anoying and france seem quite easy to negotiate with in all my games basicly france and me are always best friends after 1800 AD.

ya loyalty isent an ai word

11. Knight-Dragon

Knight-Dragon Unhidden Dragon Retired Moderator

My favourite least favourite AI for now - the Zulus. Thrice telling them to get off my territory; thrice they declared war instead. Never seem to learned their lesson after I destroyed their units who were travelling thru my territory to attk another civ on another border. :rolleyes:

Only the fourth time when I was so strong I could take on all the remaining 7 civs w/o any problems that they pay some heed to my words. :mischief:

12. SirJethro

SirJethro Paterfamilias

Ghandi get's on my nerves.

But the most annoying CIV is a hands down winner: Shaka.

13. Zingo

Zingo Beer

Well, I hate starting near Germany, Zululand, Persia and Aztec. 100% chance of war the first 1000 years, at least for me.

14. Gundam

Gundam Chieftain

The reason I say that the persians are by far the most disgusting ai ever because they ramain powerfull all the time...in the first 2 eras they wipe anything in their way with those highly over-rated immortales and second they are a scientific civ ...as soon as they hit industrial age they monopolize the trade tech with what it seem to be a game bug -the value of the nationalism is very very veryyyyyyyy high for the ai :D
    ps:and they have a bad attitude manner :p

15. hbdragon88

hbdragon88 haunted by blackness

Most aggressive civs aret the ones I hate the most. They get more annoyed often, they run into my territory, and they will declare war on me if I don't give them techs. This includes Aztecs, Zulus and Germans.

16. Hades

Hades is a liar and a cheat

The Persians are by far the strongest everytime I have them as my opponent. They are too peace loving and won't even declare war on me when they uncover my spy. They are also always very advanced, often had to fight their MI with my MA. I like warlike neighbours as they soften my other neighbours for me.

17. hbdragon88

So then don't let the Persians be in the game - pick the civs so there's no Persia. Persia is by far the worse because they aren't like the other civs I play against.

18. thefrenchzulu

thefrenchzulu Chieftain

Zulu's annoying? I must be playing a different patch;) The Zulus always polite when I meet them. I can get them gracious and keep them there right through the game.

I hate/fear industious civ's the most. Especially China and America. They normally have the muscle behind their threats. I tend to kill all industrious Civ's first because of that.

In my last game, tourny 3.1, the Romans were Annoyed towards me from start to finish (their finish). In other games they are often polite. I think that the game circumstance can play a role. (I trade with them right through the game and had lots of gpt trade. I find regular trade helps a lot to keep the AI happy. I trade something every turn when playing deity, even if I'm just giving them my territory map, which they should have running zillions of troops through it all the time ;) )

19. Pillager

Pillager League of Empire Loyalist

Starting proximate to Rome is tricky, because they have the hoplite Although swords usually march through them, it can slow one down.

Zulus, though, are consistently the most aggressive and irritating.

20. hbdragon88

What? Zulu's are the most aggressive and won't take a "no" to their tribute threat. I saved a game once before they demanded tribute and reloaded - never! They still declared war on me, so I just gave them the stupid literature! And they move units into my territory, so I tell them to get out and they get annoyed - after I gave them a lil' gold.

Industrous civs like America and China usually leave me alone. America threatened me twice w/ tribute and when I said no, Lincoln said, "Confound you! Our armies will march to your cities - er, as soon as we get around to it." And when I demanded tribute, stupid Lincoln said, "With friends like you, who needs enemies? We decline."

What's tournment 3.1 anyway?