1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The most enjoyment youve ever had.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kakashi, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Stapel

Stapel FIAT 850 coupé

When I celebrated my 11th birthday, I collected enough money to buy this great box of lego: A sort of all-terrain car with red chairs, working gear-box, 4 cylinders, etc. I walked home with the box, having a 40 mile wide smile on my face.
    Man, I was proud and happy!

A year ago, at age 29, I had the same feeling when an Abarth double exhaust, a modified camshaft and an Abarth oil-temperature, oil-pressure and battery display were delivered at my office.

I guess it is true: the difference between men and boys, is the size of their toys.

2. warmonger

warmonger Conservative Greenie

The most fun that I can talk about on this forum......snowmobiling in Utah. Some firends lived in Park City for awhile and my wife and I would go visit as frequently as possible.

On one trip we hired a guide and some snow mobiles and took off for the day across the mountain ridges. At one point we came across a summer camp ground that was about 10 acres, relatively flat, clear of trees and under 2 metres of fresh powder snow.

We hooned around on this for hours reaching speeds of 60 mph, taking massive jumps off the drifts and generally being idiots. Falling off into 2 metres of snow at 60 mph doesn't hurt at all - unlike the many motor bikes I've come off over the years. I even managed to bury the nose of the snow mobile after one badly timed jump and it took about 20 minutes for the group to dig it out.

Definetly the best form of motorised fun I have ever had!

3. Pongui

Pongui Deity

My son's just about to turn two, and he now graduates from baby Lego to the real stuff. I got a great bin of it. Oh boy, there's so many parts to play with, parts I never saw before, I wonder what they all do and what other Lego sets the toystores stock these days...

4. Stapel

Stapel FIAT 850 coupé

Lego has changed a lot! It's more prefab stuff nowadays. And it is terribly expensive too!

5. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

My stay in London last September...

6. Gainy

Gainy Guest

Errr... Probably to Canada on Holiday for 3 weeks :)

7. Darkness

Darkness Shadow creature

My vacation in Greece last year...

8. Flak

Flak vBülletin Förum

My trip to Scotland had some great fun times that were surprisingly not sexual. Had some great times with my fraternity back in the day. Also playing sports, particularly high school football and track. Also had a few very fun moments with ROTC. I've also had some great fun playing games oline.

9. CruddyLeper

CruddyLeper Unworshipped Deity

6 months in Amsterdam - even without the sex it was still the most fun (if a little dangerous at times).

10. cgannon64

cgannon64 BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!

@ Turner: How long did it take you to stop going 40 down a steep hill? :eek:

11. Supernaut

Supernaut Prince

All sorts of gig memories are probably my favourite - most recent one was seeing Iron Maiden play Children of the Damned - that was special. But there are so many of them. Also lots of happy times with my nephews

12. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

Well. . . I don't remember stopping very much. Even at the lights. Hey, I was young and invincible. But as I recall, I think I did stop at least once, and I probably anticipated it and started at the beginning of the block. I had some pretty decent brakes, and I didn't weigh a lot, so stopping was easy. Well, sorta.

13. Gothmog

Gothmog Dread Enforcer

When my first son was born I had a sort of trancendent experience. I was so happy I cried for 20 minutes, I shook with joy.

That topped some of my earlier experiences involving more corporal pleasures.

14. metalhead

metalhead Angry Bartender

Ah, thought of a more appropriate one. For perfectly obvious reasons ;) , it took me awhile to remember, but going to Woodstock '99 was an absolute blast. Even though Metallica played mostly new stuff, they played enough old tunes to keep me happy, and the rest of the bands were all pretty damn good.

15. Lostman

Lostman Thread Killer

Either playing with my 7 month old son (he's a riot) or playing with my band back in the day.

16. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Well, I've been thinking, the most enjoyment I have ever had was my "first time"... it turned my life completely around. I think I was so happy I was about to cry... but I "channeled" those feelings into more "practical" uses. ;)

17. Richard III

Richard III Duke of Gloucester

Walking along a wintry street with my arm around the guyl of my dreams. She had a cute hat on. We walked too far by accident and had to do a little pirouette to retrace our steps. Very whimsical.

Second place goes to playing Kremlin, a satirical board game on Soviet politics. Pissed myself laughing, probably literally.

Third place: flying out in a small plane to beat up on a certain Canadian mayor with a press conference organized on three hours notice, and then getting sloshed with the crew that put it together on the plane going back.

Hon. mention to crewing a yacht in a race just a few weeks ago. I didn't do much, but I'd never raced under sail; the competition changes everything.

Felt compelled to mention all four because all of them are really up there.

R.III

18. Inter4

Inter4 Forza Inter!

Of course you mean the first time you posted on CFC??? :lol: ;)

19. Moony

Moony Your local lunatic

Going to Chicago last year with the wind ensemble and symphony band. lots and lots of good times.

To be specific? Probably the Blue Man Group concert. The best concert I've ever been to, hands down. They beat every music group I've seen.

20. Aphex_Twin

Aphex_Twin Evergreen

This must be looking at the Milky Way glowing in it's full glory on a night sky, at 2200 meters (6800 feet) altitude. Breathtaking, considering I live in a city where the sky is mostly blanked out by the night lights...