The Multipolar World (MP)

193 Income into Espionage R&D
90 Income into Agents
1771 Income into Industry
Bank 3

Twenty RP points to GryffindorTyo!

Yes, though saying who you're taking control of probably isn't a good idea. :p

However LH also wants to become an NGO so you two should talk it out to prevent any hard feelings.

Failing that I could open two NGO spots but ...

Assuming they're being funded and haven't succeed entirely on their own merits!

Well I was here first...if he wants it that bad I can speed up my plans for Christos and his NGO.

And it's a little late for that :p . I will just build it into the backstory so that it makes sense that people would know the silver brothers control alaska. Or do they?

So by a few turns do you mean to say in a few hundred, or thousand years?

A hundred years? He won't exist in 5 years, let alone a hundred! When he says he will lead a unified china, he means the other China. The one that doesn't exist.

Alaskan Intelligence Report

Topic: The Silver Brothers
Bio: A cult started by a man known only as 'The Visitor' whom is known by that name because he does not discriminate between the lands he visits in the name of business. It has grown to several hundred, possibly thousands of involved people, centered around the belief that two among them are the archangels Michael and Gabrielle. According to their beliefs, in the name of the archangels they are to serve 'The Visitor' in order to visit suffering among those who would cause harm to others on this planet. They claim they have existed for millennia ever since the fall of the 400 angels led by Lucifer from heaven centuries ago, although little proof of this exists. They have recently come to control those elected to power in Alaska, although how they won their absolute obedience remains mysterious.
Leader: Seemingly 'The Visitor, although Michael and Gabrielle are supposedly their equal to a King and Queen.
Threat: HIGH
Infiltration of the world at large: UNKNOWN
Infiltration of Alaska: HIGH
Classification: Possible Terrorist Group

Signed, Superior Investigator John Allens​

Catalonia is now open for clienting, having been released by Takrur.

HOWEVER, this was part of an agreement to "hand it over" to the Papal States, and it would be split into two. Unfortunately for Takrur, Catalonia was, is, and will always be a sovereign nation and refuses the partition.

The Rise of Nations disclaimer about vassals and client states is in effect here as well: clients are still technically independent and can escape your control. Logically, you can't just cut them into pieces or force them to hand land or resources over. They'll just find someone else to call their friend.

I wonder if the Pope will find a way to coup with the loss.

Taxes. For years now Scotireland had taken advantage of relatively low taxes to stimulate economic growth, drawing in buisnesses and investors from across the wrold with the cheap cost of working and doing buisness in the country. Taxes were a major part of Scotireland's rises in GDP and industrial development. Their careful useage had been a deliberate choice on the arrival of the original conservative government as soon as it took power.

A drive to increase taxes was seemingly unheard of. A drive to increase taxes by 6% was completely unheard of. It seemed to fly on the face of long term Scotireish strategy, taking them from having 2nd lowest taxes to 6th or 7th. What could really be gained from this? It seemed to be against even the governments ideology of encouraging free trade.

But it would increase tax revenues by almost 33% even if growth completely cut off. And since the government was continuing it's policy of pouring money into economic development programs, growth seemed unlikely to cut off. It was, many thought, the sign of the rapidly increasing paranoia amongst Prime Minister Irish McScotsman and his advisors, as they poured money into increasingly extravagent defensive spending.

Raise taxes to 25%.

DT

Unfortunately for Takrur, Catalonia was, is, and will always be a sovereign nation and refuses the partition.
Tani... you, you just... :clap::cry::clap:

Catalonia is now open for clienting, having been released by Takrur.

HOWEVER, this was part of an agreement to "hand it over" to the Papal States, and it would be split into two. Unfortunately for Takrur, Catalonia was, is, and will always be a sovereign nation and refuses the partition.

The Rise of Nations disclaimer about vassals and client states is in effect here as well: clients are still technically independent and can escape your control. Logically, you can't just cut them into pieces or force them to hand land or resources over. They'll just find someone else to call their friend.

Not quite correct. The agreement was that Takrur would release the Catalonian nation from its influence so that the Papal states and the Holy Catholic Church could offer its benefactorship to its neighbour and establish a program of mutual exchange and enrichment both spiritually and temporally, without infringing on the sphere of influence of our ally Takrur (although naturally we made some sacrifices in terms of allowing Takrur free reign in other areas of former papal interest). The whole "subdivision" of Catalonia was a Takruri condition for withdrawing its interests from that nation, and it was a condition that the papal states never desired.

However the papal states understands that Catalonia is a proud and sovereign nation, posessed of a rich culture and historic patrimony. Therefore we agreed in letter to the preconditions of Takrur in the certain knowledge that Catalonia would never abide by such an imperialistic directive (well at least we had a good hunch), and that as such it would never come to pass. This of course meaning that our original arrangment that we proposed is the de-facto result.

Either way, we thank Takrur for upholding its side of a bargain, too many nations have failed to uphold agreements they have made, often to great cost. Indeed the entire East Asian War was initiated by China's failure to uphold it treaty obligations to the CNC. Takrur on contrast, and indeed the entire warsaw pact however has been an island of stability in a violent world, and shown the world the true merits of the way of peace. For indeed as our Lord and Saviour said, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shalt be called the children of God". It is our hope that the whole world learns from the example of the Warsaw Pact, and our allies therein, and gains the wisdom to turn away from war, lest the next war brings not only the death of entire civilisations, but the death of ALL civilisation.

So by a few turns do you mean to say in a few hundred, or thousand years?

Sooner than what you expect. Soon Siberia shall become part of a new stronger Chinese Empire.

Guess what I just got!

christos200 said:
Nukeknockout said:
christos200 said:
Dear Korea, the Chinese Empire will like to offer you a NAP.

When you were in office, you oppressed your citizens with military force. When you were in office, you increased tensions between nations. When you were in office, you escalated a war with India & Hawai'i, directly leading to the present state of affairs in Korea. Maybe Hawai'i would have nuked us regardless, but your usage of nuclear weapons granted them the imaginary justification they wanted to use them. You plotted to absorb us. Your policies did not change despite numerous mutations of leadership and government style. Now, you lurk at the edges of civilization to perpetuate your violence and destruction. It is Korea's conclusion that you are terrorists, whether you sit in halls of power or a camp in some forgotten nation. Korea does not negotiate with terrorists, either of a State or of a resistance group. We would be fools to accept any kind of deal with you.

Korea recognizes Xinjiang, headed by the Lotus, as the legitimate successor to China.

-Nukeknockout

Fool, soon Xinjiang wont exist. Once i return my size and power will be doubled. You shall face the wrath of a unified China. India and Oz have already agreed with my offer. You will be alone against a mighty empire. Mark my words. Accept a NAP or face war once 9i return. Yo0u may laugh now, but the one who laughs last laughs the best.

It's really funny, especially since the CRF is not a State.

EDIT: Including the CRF's reply.

-Nukeknockout

:lmao:

Korea withdraws from the Warsaw Pact, pending a drunken bet by Acting Dictator Tochiro.

-Nukeknockout

"We're What???" Captain McTavish exploded as he read the breifing "The last line of defence? All we have onboard is a pair of old Partitionanian Missiles! We were due to restock in 2 months to get a few real weapons onboard! What happened to all the other Subs?"
"I don't know, Sir." The ensign was clearly as confused as he was. "That was all HQ sent."
"Well they'd better have a bloody good explanation for this!" McTavish snarled "We haven't got anything like enough to provide a proper defense for an entire island! We could barely put a dent in Korea right now, much less something dangerous!"

The Submarine slowly began it's wide turn back towards Scotireish waters. The oldest ship in the Scotireish fleet, SIS01 had been the first equiped when the atomic program began, loaded with a pair of PBs bought from Partitionania and sent out to provide a defense of Scotireish territory. Now the Predator was returning home with those same 2 missiles once more the only defence.

It was a somber trip. Nobody knew exactly what had happened, and command had imposed a blackout on communications barring any red-code emergancies, which nobody expected to happen. And they didn't. Predator slowly hauled itself into the ancient naval base at Scapa Flow, which the Government had began rebuilding after winning the 2162 elections. Here, they would finally learn what was wrong...

DT

So... you're saying that your only defense is a sub with two low tier PBs?

How has someone not invaded you yet?

So... you're saying that your only defense is a sub with two low tier PBs?

No, i'm saying that my only capacity for massive retaliation is now a sub with two low tier PBs. Last turn I had a fully operational Nuclear Program that was happily filling my other subs with missiles.

RIP Nuclear Detterant :(

DT

LOL... amazing hoe you say that, when I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to defend myself and an attack on India could have succeeded in one turn only.

LOL... amazing hoe you say that, when I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to defend myself and an attack on India could have succeeded in one turn only.

Are you crazy? Do you want to be conquered? Ay yi yi.

-Nukeknockout

Top Bottom