The music is getting repetitive... (Next War)

Kinseek

Monarch
I`m playing Next War Epic (the extra techs of the Next War scenario infused into a normal civ game), but alas the programmers also included only the music from Next War! Meaning that you are stuck with one boring, non-fitting tune for thousands of years! Literally! That and you get the ambient sounds of cars roaming from the ancient age and on. Is there anyway to fix that?

I`m playing Next War Epic (the extra techs of the Next War scenario infused into a normal civ game), but alas the programmers also included only the music from Next War! Meaning that you are stuck with one boring, non-fitting tune for thousands of years! Literally! Is there anyway to fix that?

It's possible you could fix it by manually copying the soundtrack folder from the standard game (its somewhere in the directory structure.. unfortunately I'm not at my Civ computer now so I can't look it up) into the next war mod folder. It's not a nice fix (since you'll be wasting disk space) but perhaps easier than changing the relevant file that tells the game which soundtrack to use (but that could also be an idea)

The mods are in a /Mods folder under the main game folder (where the .exe file is)

Also, as a huge favour, would you consider posting some screenshots of the next war techs/units from the Civilopedia? I made a thread for that.

I'd be eternally grateful :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

[EDIT] Has BtS been released in Norway?

That sucks!!! :mad:

Nice going, Firaxis! You managed to screw up the epic future game after all! :cry:

That is awful!

I was planning on playing all my epic games with the next war thing tacked on at the end. This needs fixin'!

That is awful!

I was planning on playing all my epic games with the next war thing tacked on at the end. This needs fixin'!

I'm sure theres a real simple XML fix for this. If no one else does; i'll mod fix it as soon as I get BtS (sometime after 20th july).

Like you I'm also going to be playing with Next War as default settings, it just looks awesome! :)

Wow, how the hell did that make it past QC?

I turn off the music anyway, and listen to classical. However, it would have been a nice thought to fix this...

I'm just glad its a mod--the main, "normal" epic game doesn't have this problem, right? In that case, I'll play that.

That's kind of a downer. It's also disappointing that Next War appears to have one music track. Even the Warlords scenarios had multiple music tracks. Usually the title track and a couple of random pieces of Civ 3 music.

This is the type of thing that baffles me. I mean QC had to have found this bug the first time they started playing the extended epic game, and it'd take like 3 lines of code to fix. I just don't understand how things like this slip through the cracks.

Most bugs sure, I get it, a testing pop of Thousands can find exploits or errors that I don't expect the QC guys to find, but this? Come on, how does this get by a whole team who's job is to look for bugs?

I would really appreciate a fixed or new mod for BtS with all the new technologies/buildings/units from Next War but with the original Civ4 soundtrack and with the BtS main menu. And preferably, without America Inc., Europa, and all the other scenario specific leaders and civs. Having a game where you can play as both the "American Empire" and "America Inc." is weird.

If any of you guys who have the game already figure out how to fix this, would you mind terribly posting it here?

Would save us a lot of time if we don't have to figure it out ourselves. :)

I would really appreciate a fixed or new mod for BtS with all the new technologies/buildings/units from Next War but with the original Civ4 soundtrack and with the BtS main menu. And preferably, without America Inc., Europa, and all the other scenario specific leaders and civs. Having a game where you can play as both the "American Empire" and "America Inc." is weird.

Indeed this is very much needed.

Can't you just do something like copying the music files from the epic game over the next war music files?

Already suggested. It's a possible fix, but wastes a bit of disk space. An xml fix is probably optimal and should be rather easy.

Top Bottom