The Napoleonic Wars

nokmirt

Emperor
The Napoleonic Wars

Spoiler :

This scenario uses random city states. Pre-placed CSs cause crashes due to a worldbuilder bug.

Playable Civilizations

France, Great Britain, Ottoman Empire, Prussia, Poland, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, Russia, Austria, Spain, Morocco, Venice, Bavaria, Hanover, Westphalia, and Savoy.

Screenshots

Spoiler :

I would like to give credit to Gedemon and LeeS for their mods. As well as to LeeS and nutty for their help with any questions I had.

If you want to use my Napoleon Era Great Generals (v 1) mod you will ne LeeS's CIV-Linked Great Generals (v 2) which can be found below.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23029

R.E.D. Modpack (v 29) for diverse units for use with this scenario. Keep in mind this mod is updated just for use with this scenario.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24516100/R_E_D__Modpack__v_29__zip

Scenario downloads, Mappack and Napoleon Era Great Generals below

Attachments

• Napoleon Era Great Generals (v 1).zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 774
  • Napoleonic Wars (v 1).zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,000
I noticed France getting a settler because they get collective rule 7 turns after the game starts. I will give France that from the outset, because I turned settlers off. So, I will repost updated mod soon. First I want to play some more and see if there are not anymore annoying things to fix. What I am curious of is if the AI goes for tradition then liberty. I am guessing it won't but we'll see.

hi

I just downloaded it played as France, some civs have settlers and start new cities, i thinks France also, have limited civ to select, cant select Austria, Spain,

hi

I just downloaded it played as France, some civs have settlers and start new cities, i thinks France also, have limited civ to select, cant select Austria, Spain,

You need the dlcs to play those. Austria comes with gods and kings. Spain comes on a dlc you can get on steam I believe. That is why you can't use those two civs. It says $30 for Gods and Kings. I bought the Inca Spain dlc long ago. I know it is in Civ 5 complete which is $49.99.

Played as France, having difficulty in raising many army, need production boost, faster unit construction, take too long to built units,

can wonders be built in specific cities , units, building can alternate,

cant have ship of the line, only frigate,
many civs have settlers

can coalition be formed?

Played as France, having difficulty in raising many army, need production boost, faster unit construction, take too long to built units,

can wonders be built in specific cities , units, building can alternate,

cant have ship of the line, only frigate,
many civs have settlers

can coalition be formed?

I can tell you this I am playing an updated version as Prussia. One thing I noticed is that the Ottomans are dominating. Austria falls fairly easily to them. As Prussia I am in constant war with my neighbors. When I took Hanover I got a huge warmonger penalty for finishing off a civ. Then Sweden embargoed me which wasn't very nice. They still have to beat me in the field and this they have not been able to do.

As far as France it is difficult because they have cities close together. I have not tried playing as France. The reason I kept the ship of the line just for Britain is because they had a better navy in those times. You can build wonders in specific cities, although some wonders are difficult to get. In my new version I took out settlers, and I have not seen any extra cities built. Which I don't want because it's not needed. I do have to adjust some things. I may add the Mamelukes in Egypt and I will strengthen Austrian cites. In short this scenario is a work in progress.

Wow very nice map.

The russian faction will (should) be a monster here. Their back free and cossacks! Auch!
Ottoman looks nasty to!

Hm. It would be nice to see more emphasis on historical military units and xml, but for what it was I enjoyed it and would recommend to continue working on the mod as I feel as if it has awesome potential.

(Recommendation: Use JFD's Napoleon, Belgium, England, and Russia. IT's about 100% more fun that way especially with the unique units)

Hi. I'm having trouble installing this mod. What I did is I extract the zip file to a folder (one each for the wars and the generals) than I copy the folder to my civ5 MODS folder. Than I delete all my cache. When I load the mod ingame, I noticed the leader names have changed, but how do I play it from there? (Usually, there is a load scenario checkmark?). I noticed that after the mod is loaded, the Napoleon .civ5mod files disappear from the folder. Did I do anything wrong?

Hi. I'm having trouble installing this mod. What I did is I extract the zip file to a folder (one each for the wars and the generals) than I copy the folder to my civ5 MODS folder. Than I delete all my cache. When I load the mod ingame, I noticed the leader names have changed, but how do I play it from there? (Usually, there is a load scenario checkmark?). I noticed that after the mod is loaded, the Napoleon .civ5mod files disappear from the folder. Did I do anything wrong?

1. Put the Napoleonic Wars (v 1).civ5mod file in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

2. Start the game, go to mods. The mod should download by itself. Exit game and go back to windows.

3. Go in the maps folder at Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Napoleonic Wars (v 1)\Maps. Copy the map and paste it to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps

4. Start the game again. Enable Napoleonic Wars (v 1) mod. Choose single player, setup game. Then go to map type. Scroll down and find NapoleonMap. Click back and click the load scenario button. Then click start scenario.

Let me know if you have anymore issues. The generals mod is a separate mod and you also need to use the Civilization Appropriate Great General and Admiral by LeeS which can be found here. http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23029 Both my mod and his mod have to be enabled in the mods section in game for it to work, while you play. His mod is a reference for my mod.

Let me know if you get stuck or there is something you don't understand. Adding scenarios the first time can be confusing.

1. Put the Napoleonic Wars (v 1).civ5mod file in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

2. Start the game, go to mods. The mod should download by itself. Exit game and go back to windows.

3. Go in the maps folder at Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Napoleonic Wars (v 1)\Maps. Copy the map and paste it to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps

4. Start the game again. Enable Napoleonic Wars (v 1) mod. Choose single player, setup game. Then go to map type. Scroll down and find NapoleonMap. Click back and click the load scenario button. Then click start scenario.

Let me know if you have anymore issues. The generals mod is a separate mod and you also need to use the Civilization Appropriate Great General and Admiral by LeeS which can be found here. http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23029 Both my mod and his mod have to be enabled in the mods section in game for it to work, while you play. His mod is a reference for my mod.

Let me know if you get stuck or there is something you don't understand. Adding scenarios the first time can be confusing.

Wow thanks for the detailed explanation, it's working now!!

I also played this scenario as Prussia and there are a couple of balance issues:
1. Austria has a pretty good start with a large amount of cities, but it gets curb stomped by the Ottomans and Russians. The problem is that the logical target for both of them is Austria.
2. England rapes anybody and everybody who has coastal cities. Ships of the line are incredibly powerful because they never phase out, so the end result is England has a large amount of cities meaning defeating their waves of ships of the line is incredibly difficult.
3. Ottoman Empire is on a fringe of the map and has a lot of cities. They do unreasonably well because they have the same tech level as everyone else. It might be reasonable to limit them to janissaries which are strong units in themselves. Thus they still maintain their high production and naval power, but their land army is slightly weaker.
4. Russia... Huge and has only one front to worry about. Not sure how it could be balanced, maybe starting it with no buildings in any cities and an incredibly small if not nonexistent military. Russia is just so stronk.

I also played this scenario as Prussia and there are a couple of balance issues:
1. Austria has a pretty good start with a large amount of cities, but it gets curb stomped by the Ottomans and Russians. The problem is that the logical target for both of them is Austria.
2. England rapes anybody and everybody who has coastal cities. Ships of the line are incredibly powerful because they never phase out, so the end result is England has a large amount of cities meaning defeating their waves of ships of the line is incredibly difficult.
3. Ottoman Empire is on a fringe of the map and has a lot of cities. They do unreasonably well because they have the same tech level as everyone else. It might be reasonable to limit them to janissaries which are strong units in themselves. Thus they still maintain their high production and naval power, but their land army is slightly weaker.
4. Russia... Huge and has only one front to worry about. Not sure how it could be balanced, maybe starting it with no buildings in any cities and an incredibly small if not nonexistent military. Russia is just so stronk.

Yes thank you for giving me some pointers. At some point I will update this scenario. One thing I could do is have the Ottoman empire have permanent peace with Austria. After all they did not invade in real life. Russia, however, is another issue. I could make them a team with Austria and Prussia. They were pretty much allies anyway. The Ottomans could then fight Russia. They were at war for part of the Napoleonic Wars anyway. Diplomacy is one option to fix things.

Now Britain, the solution I'd like to try would be to make the ship of the line be available to other countries as well. After all other navies of course had them. It might help.

Top Bottom