The navy AI will be improved?

djm_jm

Warlord
I am a big fa of navy battles.

I wanted to in Civ VI improve the estrategy AI on the sea, why in CIV V this was very poor.

More anyone want changes about this in next version? There anything change announced?

I wanted to in Civ VI improve the estrategy AI on the sea, why in CIV V this was very poor.

More anyone want changes about this in next version? There anything change announced?

I thought one drawback of Civ V was the elimination of transport ships. These units were very vital in planning and conducting amphibious landings. While I understand transports may not return for Civ VI, they've made adjustments that might improve things. Apparently they're allowing multiple types of units(such as melee and support units) to occupy tiles. This could allow for multiple unit landings again. And if they're allowing different units types to occupy a tile, maybe they'll do the same for different ship types. Not monumental changes but positive ones at least.

I've heard that generally AI will be improved. Civ VI isn't built on the previous engine, so it's a good sign. I'm sure it's gonna be great :D

Transport ships and 1upt doesnt make sense! I always hated building and loading them in previous games, it was extremely tedious.
However i really hope we get better AI. The biggest problem in civ5 is that the AI cant move and shoot. So their frigates etc be come completely impotent.

There are 3 things I could read forever - 64-bit, multithreading and AI improvements.

Transport ships and 1upt doesnt make sense! I always hated building and loading them in previous games, it was extremely tedious.
However i really hope we get better AI. The biggest problem in civ5 is that the AI cant move and shoot. So their frigates etc be come completely impotent.

Fixing that won't automatically fix the problem though. The CBP AI is much improved and can move+shoot, but still tends to be utterly incompetent about embarking units. Five tiles of ocean between you and another Civ is practically an impenetrable wall if you fill it with some ranged ships.

I also hope the naval AI is worked on, because I don't like 1UPT in general for combat, but naval battles are one of the few areas where it actually almost feels like there's enough room and units move fast enough for it to work.

Yes, AI tactical skills have nothing to do with navy usefullness. There should be something to conquer and defend in the sea.

The main hopes now are - the harbor district is likely going to be much more vulnerable than a city, so pillaging it could easily cripple not only ship production, but also sea tiles output and sea trade. Not sure whether this will be enough, though.

I've heard that generally AI will be improved. Civ VI isn't built on the previous engine, so it's a good sign. I'm sure it's gonna be great :D

A new engine sounds fine, I bet it can improve the AI. Another thing I liked in this new engine was the graphics changes, before in CIV V we had a 2d perspective and now in CIV VI we will have a 3d revolucionary on the CIV series.

While embarking probably did reduce Navy usefulness, having Trade routes be able to be attacked in the sea still increased it enough that to me V did a better job of requiring a good navy than all the previous additions.
It'd be nice if they could find another way to increase the importance of naval vessels...

Top Bottom