The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

Lord_Iggy

Tsesk'ihe
We have now made our way through three games as a community, and the time has arrived for any further discussion of Neptune's Pride to come to this thread, so as to avoid cluttering and being lost in the huge mass that is While We Wait.

Chronicles of Neptune's Pride

Standings
8th madviking

Name| Points| Games| Survivals
Lord_Iggy |90|11 | 10
Wonderslime |30| 3| 3
Daftpanzer |25| 5| 5
Terrance888 |21| 6| 5
Thlayli |15| 7| 4
Abaddon |11| 6| 2
Immaculate |10| 2| 1
Luckymoose |6| 2| 2
andis-1 |5| 1| 1
English Crusader |3| 3| 2
Matt0088 |2| 4| 4
merciary |2| 7| 4
qoou |1| 3| 3
bombshoo |1| 4| 3
lord_joakim |1| 3| 2
MjM |1| 1| 1
Benefactor |1| 2| 1
Boundless |0| 5| 2
Crezth |0| 2| 1
Shadowbound |0| 3| 1
Kraznaya |0| 1| 1
Dachs |0| 1| 1
Prospo |0| 1| 1
Omega124 |0| 1| 1
Bil |0| 1 |1
nutranurse |0| 2 |0
thomas.berubeg |0| 3 |0
madviking |0| 1 |0
Starlife |0|1|0
ReLax |0| 1 |0
NedimNapoleon |0| 1 |0
EQandcivfanatic |0| 1 |0
Owenglyndwr |0| 1 |0
Kentharu |0| 1 |0
Tuxedohamm |0| 1| 0

Spoiler Game One :

Kentharu, Lord_Iggy (under the alias 'Raku'), Luckymoose, Bil (PizzaParty) and Thlayli heroically set out to take each other out in excruciatingly slow, real-time space combat on the internet. Three non-NESers took part in this pioneering game: Windess (Iggy's girlfriend), and two wildcards: Yukon and Shadowlord Wolfer.

Kentharu emerged to a quick early lead, but this led quickly to his downfall. Suffering from the mixed blessing of a central location (dense stars and good opportunities for expansion, coupled with a high number of neighbours to deal with), he was dogpiled by Lord_Iggy's Talithan Ascendancy, Shadowlord Wolfer and Yukon. Meanwhile, in the galactic south, Luckymoose of Her Imperial Empire and Thlayli, bold leader of the Autarchy of Fomalhaut, were locked in combat that would rage throughout most of the game.

Lord_Iggy, taking over as leader with the demise of Kentharu, began an invasion of Thlayli, which would prove to be a fatal error. Struggling to maintain control of the center, seize control of Windess' stars before Yukon could do the same, AND maintain an offensive against Thlayli, Iggy found himself failing on all fronts. After over a week of combat, Lord_Iggy would surrender the contested region in its entirety to Thlayli.

Despite the elimination of this front, Lord_Iggy was unable to turn the tide in the north, where Windess, making several suicidal attacks at Yukon, finally collapsed, and Kentharu's old core was taken by the alliance of Shadowlord Wolfer and Yukon.

Realizing the inevitability of defeat without cooperation, Lord_Iggy, Luckymoose and Thlayli put aside their differences in order to set up a united front against the northern alliance of Yukon and Shadowlord Wolfer.

Sadly, it was not to be. The southern alliance could not bring itself to function properly, and it was too little too late. Worsening things, Thlayli's 'requisition' of his allies' systems to support the war effort spurred Luckymoose to defect, directing his fleets against the dormant forces of Bil, who had disappeared early in the game. Facing inevitability, Lord_Iggy was annihilated, and Yukon, who had led the game since the beginning of Iggy's fall, took the victory.

Ranks:
1st (10 Points) Yukon
2nd (5 Points) Shadowlord Wolfer

3rd (1 Points) Luckymoose
4th Thlayli
5th Bil*
6th Lord_Iggy*
7th Kentharu*
8th Windess*

*Later positions are difficult to determine. For example, Kentharu died off as a competitive presence first, but survived for a long time with one ignored, undeveloped system, while Windess remained a power with 20 or so systems. However, she was entirely wiped out by Yukon and I before Yukon finished Kentharu. Also, I was stronger than Bil, but he went inactive so Yukon worked to wipe me out before Luckymoose went to destroy Bil.

Spoiler Game Two :
The first all-NESer game, Game Two took place in a bifurcated galaxy, essentially turning the game into two conflicts which would not be combined until the research of more advanced range technologies.

nutranurse's Turtlings (Dark Blue), qoou (Orange), Tuxedohamm (Yellow) and Lord_Iggy's Aldebaran Ascendancy (Red) all started in the western cluster, while Luckymoose's Empire (Turquoise), Thlayli's Autarchy (Dark Red), bombshoo (Purple) and Shadowbound's Exilarchy (Green) began in the east. Lord_Iggy advanced to a quick lead in the west, while bombshoo got off to a particularly slow start in the east due to this being his first game.

Also, Hail to the Interstellar Dancing Man.

Following a border disagreement, Iggy began a full-on invasion of nutranurse while managing to maintain peace with Tuxedohamm and ally qoou. nutranurse, faced with defeat, chose to go out in a bang, launching a huge suicide attack against qoou, leaving Lord_Iggy to quickly take over nutra's core worlds.

In the east, Shadowbound was beset upon by Lucky and Thlayli's forces, who quickly ate away at his strength, leaving the three most notable aggressive powers with a considerable lead. qoou began a campaign against Tuxedohamm in the west, while bombshoo struggled onwards, and Lord_Iggy advanced for the first time across the divide between the two mini-galaxies, to involve himself in the eastern war.

Constellation-spotting courtesy of nutranurse.

Forced to decide between two potential allies, Iggy sided with Luckymoose, and the two powerful forces rapidly annihilated Thlayli with the agreement that Lord_Iggy would be the senior party in the alliance. Meanwhile, qoou slowly continued to work away at Tuxedohamm's dormant forces, all the while attempting to enlist Luckymoose in an alliance against Lord_Iggy. It would come to naught, as Iggy took a handful of stars from his two allies in order to end the game, after several days of uncertainty.

Ranks:
1st (10 Points) Lord_Iggy
2nd (5 Points) Luckymoose
3rd (1 Points) qoou
4th Thlayli
5th Tuxedohamm
6th bombshoo
7th Shadowbound
8th nutranurse

Spoiler Game Three :
nutranurse, merciary, Matt0088, Thlayli, Shadowbound, Daftpanzer, Lord_Iggy and Abaddon, each ready for yet another bid at galactic domination, found themselves established in a net celestial cluster. The layout of players resembled a wheel- traveling clockwise from the 6 o'clock position, we had Daftpanzer, Lord_Iggy, Matt0088, Thlayli, Shadowbound, and merciary. In the hub of the ring was nutranurse, and in an isolated cluster to the outside of Shadowbound was Abaddon.

Wars broke out quickly between Shadowbound and merciary at one end of the Galaxy, and between Matt0088 and Lord_Iggy at the other. Shadowbound and Lord_Iggy quickly emerged victorious, establishing themselves as the pre-eminent powers of the early game.

During the disassembly of Matt's forces, Lord_Iggy and Thlayli, who had moved in to flank Matt, signed a border agreement, hoping to establish the peace that had been so hard to maintain between the two in previous games. nutranurse, who had managed to survive despite a very unenviable starting position, accidentally ships into Iggy's space on multiple occasions, ultimately provoking Iggy, now free of conflict on all other borders, to retaliate. nutranurse, his peripheral systems being stripped away, paid Thlayli a large sum in order to intervene. The ink had not even dried on the peace agreement between Iggy and Thlayli before it was broken again, as the Green forces of Thlayli's '-hive-' descended upon the Dark Blue of Lord_Iggy's 'OURSELVES'. Brutal back and forth fighting destroyed hundreds of fleets, but neither side was able to make a lasting breakthrough. Lord_Iggy, infuriated by Thlayli's betrayal, signed peace with nutranurse (not believing at the time that nutranurse was the reason for Thlayli's invasion). All forces were locked into a stalemate (extended by Abaddon's reneging on a technology trade with Lord_Iggy which would have enable a breakthrough against Thlayli) until Daftpanzer gutted Thlayli's core via a long jump through the center of the galaxy. In a precipitous collapse, the 2nd most powerful player was reduced to nothing within 48 hours. Shadowbound, who possessed the largest remaining fleet in the game to his recent peacefulness, realized the game-ending power of the Daftpanzer/Lord_Iggy alliance. In order to secure a position in the top 3, he immediately began an invasion of Abaddon, the 4th strongest player and only significant remaining power. At this point, merciary had been defeated, Matt0088 had been reduced to 3 'vacation resort' stars, Thlayli was hours away from annihilation and nutranurse was inactive and under AI control. Riding off of a soaring economy, Lord_Iggy annexed the remaining stars of nutranurse, while Daftpanzer invaded Shadowbound to prevent Abaddon's immediate destruction. Fighting a guerilla campaign to the bitter end, Abaddon managed to claw his way above Shadowbound as the allied forces of Daftpanzer and Lord_Iggy finalized the establishment of their dominance, ending the game.

Ranks:
2nd (5 Points) Daftpanzer
3rd (1 Points) Abaddon
4th Shadowbound
5th Matt0088
6th Thlayli
7th nutranurse
8th merciary

Spoiler Game Four :
Abaddon, Omega124, Immaculate, and Terrance888 set out to do battle against Boundless and EC1029, two fellow denizens of Civfanatics, and itzz clay and starflyer, two unknowns of the internet. This log is written from the perspective of Terrance888's Eternal Eclipse.

The Pompous Starwhomperians have spread their tentacles in all directions, refusing border agreements with the Eclipse and annoying the heck out of everyone. Dark Dude spread rumors that Boundless is gathering a crusade against Starwhomper, who promptly attacks boundless. With his homeworlds undefended the Umphat Imperium, Eternal Eclipse, and Starflyer all eagerly dug into the buffet. The biggest winner is Starflyer, who gained a meaty border which was useful in the Great War. Umphat won the homeworlds after an Ecliptic assault weakened it while the Eternal Eclipse won the right to not get killed by Umphat, who had the luck with various resource-heavy stars.

After the July 4th Truce with Starflyer ended, Whomperian Remnants continue fighting, assisiting Boundless' desperate attack on the Imperium. While Starflyer, Itzz and EC1029 ganged up on the postrate Omega, the Umphat dealt the beatdown on the Whomperian Remant and the boundless threat, assisted by Ecliptic auxillaries. The main Ecliptic force lay on the Whomperian March, faced with the decision of heading east of west.

What pulled the trigger was the EC-Flyer assault on Itzz, a traditional tech ally of the Ecliptic forces. With large bribes paid by both sides, it was this and their refusal to end the assault which led the Eternal Eclipse to wholeheartedly throw their forces against their former ally, the Star Flyer. The Umphat Imperium's hold on the Whomperian Homeworlds crushed their main defenses while the Ecliptic shadowfleets outflanked Starflyer.

The Flyerian forces counter attacked savagely, but their ally EC also betrayed them by refusing to strike at the Allied Flank. Eventually, they conceded victory after a hardfought battle. However, the Ecliptic forces mourned, for their allies have cut them off from continued involvement in galactic events.

While the Eternal Eclipse regrouped and prepared for ascention, the forces of the Imperium and EC crushed Itzz, who was ignored due to the fact that he is useless in galatic events as the Eclipse was. And so the battle for Epsilon Girtab ended.

Ranks:
1st (10 Points) Immaculate
2nd (5 Points) Terrance888
3rd (1 Points) EC1029
4th itzz clay
5th starflyer
6th Omega124
7th Boundless
8th Abaddon

Spoiler Game Five :
Abaddon, Lord_Iggy, Boundless, NedimNapoleon, andis-1, bombshoo, thomas.berubeg and merciary were the initial players of this game.

Early expansion was fairly peaceful, but conflicts would soon arise.

Coming out of a phase of rapid expansion in an alliance with andis-1, Lord_Iggy's Imperial Commonwealth launched an attack against an unsuspecting Abaddon, who had invested very heavily in early economy and thus lacked a significant fleet to deal with the early assault. Meanwhile, Boundless, who had gone for an industry-heavy opening, soon came into conflict with merciary, to her north. Meanwhile, Iggy's expansion fleets ran into something... unfortunate.

As the Imperial Commonwealth was overtaken by the infection known as ()_seLF_), Lord_Iggy also came into conflict with thomas.berubeg. Backed into a corner, thomas' Eternal Crusade of Lesath chose to open up a second front against Iggy, who was now put under severe pressure to avoid buckling. Using guerilla tactics, Iggy began sending in 'pest fleets' to serve as distractions in ungarrisoned systems. Meanwhile, merciary continued establishing his dominance over the northern region of space.

As the wars dragged on, the absent NedimNapoleon was divided up between merciary and bombshoo, while Iggy's ()_seLF_) continued its campaign of harassment, striking deep into Abaddon's and thomas.berubeg's territory. As the powers of the game coalesced, Abaddon's collapse began, and his core ultimately fell to ()_seLF_).

This left only one system behind, a final superfortress which pledged eternal peace in exchange for survival.

Meanwhile, thomas.berubeg made a vigorous stand, but was crushed by the overpowering industrial might and equal technologies of Lord_Iggy's ()_seLF_).

Rapidly advancing towards victory, Lord_Iggy struck into merciary, rapidly stripping stars away from the defender. But, at the eleventh hour, at the dawn of the third day, who should appear but...

Abaddon, who decided to go out with a bang. It is estimated by ()_taCtiCAl_SelVES_) that this sacrifice may have delayed the game's conclusion by fully one or two hours.

Ranks:
2nd (5 Points) andis-1
3rd (1 Points) merciary
4th Boundless
5th bombshoo
6th NedimNapoleon
7th Abaddon
8th thomas.berubeg

Spoiler Game Six :
2nd (5 Points) Terrance888
3rd (1 Points) lord_joakim
4th Daftpanzer
5th merciary
6th Astar
7th Sunviper
8th AJAX

Spoiler Game Seven :
1st (20 Points) Wonderslime
2nd (10 Points) Terrance888
3rd (2 Points) English Crusader
4th merciary
5th Daftpanzer
6th Matt0088
7th Abaddon
8th lord_joakim
9th Immaculate
10th Boundless
11th Katzbalger
12th Starflyer

Spoiler Game Eight :
1st (10 Points) Thlayli
2nd (5 Points) Lord_Iggy
3rd (1 Points) bombshoo
4th Matt0088
5th EQandcivfanatic
6th Shadowbound
7th merciary
8th Owenglyndwr

Spoiler Game Nine :
1st (20 Points) Lord_Iggy
2nd (10 Points) Daftpanzer
3rd (2 Points) Matt0088
4th Thlayli
5th lord_joakim
6th English Crusader
7th Terrance888
8th Benefactor
9th Abaddon
10th Boundless
11th thomas.berubeg
12th merciary

Spoiler Game Ten :
1st (10 Points) Abaddon
2nd (5 Points) Lord_Iggy
3rd (1 Points) MjM
4th Wonderslime
5th Boundless
6th ReLax
7th thomas.berubeg
8th Jzzl

Spoiler Game Eleven :
1st (10 Points) Daftpanzer
2nd (5 Points) Lord_Iggy
3rd (1 Points) Benefactor
4th Terrance888
6th Crezth*
5th Zoomm11*
7th Starlife
8th Thlayli

Spoiler Game Twelve :
1st (10 Points) Wonderslime
2nd (5 Points) Lord_Iggy
3rd (1 Points) Terrance888
4th qoou
6th Prospo
5th Crezth
7th gimpchimp
8th RaptorX72

*Zoomm11 and Crezth finished the game tied with one star apiece. Zoomm11 lasted longer as a competitive force, but due to his earlier joining time was ranked ahead of Zoomm11 by a computer. At any rate, both players gain a survival and no points.

Spoiler Game 13 :
2nd (5 Points) Thlayli
3rd (1 Points) merciary
4th bombshoo
6th Kraznaya
5th qoou
7th Dachs
8th madviking

It really is quite fun. :D I've added information about the 3rd game.

Also, an unfortunate discovery- anyone who wants to join a private game needs to pay 10 Points to do so, and the creator needs to pay 20. I've earned 25 points in all of my time playing, but I doubt that many of our players have enough points yet to join a custom game.

It really is quite fun. :D I've added information about the 3rd game.

Also, an unfortunate discovery- anyone who wants to join a private game needs to pay 10 Points to do so, and the creator needs to pay 20. I've earned 25 points in all of my time playing, but I doubt that many of our players have enough points yet to join a custom game.

Is coordinating times really difficult? It seems like a good way to do things versus spending points.

I'm up for another game at some point. If this thread stays active I'll pay attention and join when I can. I used the first game mostly for learning and wasn't too concerned about how well I'd do. Next game I might have it in me to do something more.

I didn't renege on a deal.. I merely was slow about it to make sure it hurt you as well :evil: A bit pointless this game for me.. my star position never gave me a chance.

Whats the problem with Gmail?

I am currently playing in my first two games ever. I am last in every category. :(

and PRAYING that yellow doesn't get a weapons upgrade before he finishes his jump to my main star area... if he does, i am Phoqed up!

I am currently playing in my first two games ever. I am last in every category. :(

and PRAYING that yellow doesn't get a weapons upgrade before he finishes his jump to my main star area... if he does, i am Phoqed up!

Immac you're doing fine in our mutual game. Your already in second in terms of stars captured behind me, and your stats are perfectly in line for being 4-5 days into the game. :)

I didn't renege on a deal.. I merely was slow about it to make sure it hurt you as well :evil: A bit pointless this game for me.. my star position never gave me a chance.
I disagree, I think every spot has a chance of winning if you pull your diplomacy off right. :)

You can make a junk account.

Anyway, I am very excited about this! I have played many games in the past, and I am read to play against dedicated, devious enemies. This is gonna be fun.
Indeed it is! :D Alright, let's start putting together a list in here of the players who still want to get into the next game.

Immac you're doing fine in our mutual game. Your already in second in terms of stars captured behind me, and your stats are perfectly in line for being 4-5 days into the game. :)

Thats a relief. I'm actually doing better in that game then the other but i'm realizing i should have put more money into 'E' and less into a bunch of small fleets in the first day.

In my other game this guy named Mundo is raping me. It hurts. It hurts so much...

But it goes to the question of what is 'wining'. We both have fewer fleets then others, and i for one, have poorly developed infrastructure, and yet we both command a good number of stars. At first i thought this was a good position, but i am now beginning to doubt myself.

Thats a relief. I'm actually doing better in that game then the other but i'm realizing i should have put more money into 'E' and less into a bunch of small fleets in the first day.

In my other game this guy named Mundo is raping me. It hurts. It hurts so much...

But it goes to the question of what is 'wining'. We both have fewer fleets then others, and i for one, have poorly developed infrastructure, and yet we both command a good number of stars. At first i thought this was a good position, but i am now beginning to doubt myself.

I find it very successful usually, in essence, you get more valuable stars, and your (usually hostile) neighbors don't. If you avoid smashing into every neighbor (like I did in NESer NP Game #3), it usually turns out well, with yourself in the lead economically and industrially. Tell Mundo I say Hi! :D

Here is the current status of Game 3. Lord_Iggy is cleaning up the remains of nutranurse, Shadowbound is invading Abaddon, and Daftpanzer is invading Shadowbound.

I of course will be interested in another game after this one

My other game finished with me 3rd :( So i have a fee slot, and imagine the NESer game won't last long either now?

Matt0088: Mundo says 'Yo'. Also, he's kicking my ass...

Top Bottom