1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Lord_Iggy, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

Neptune's pride is down! NOOOOOO!

2. Wonderslime

Wonderslime Chieftain

Hmmm - I've been waiting to see if anyone started a game (NP is up for me at last check), but it's almost an hour past the starting time we proposed with no word on a game. Are we rescheduling for later today? :)

3. qoou

qoou Emperor

- Free games start on their own every now and then so there's always 2 open free games.
    - Right now the best we've got is a game with 1/8 random-internet-players, which imo isn't too shabby. Edit: A 0/8 game now.
    - We've currently got 3 players on #nes, with you that makes 4. We need 8 players for a game to start; if we join that 1/8 game, we'll need 3+.

So yeah. 3+? Nuke and Crezth expressed interest and were floating around earlier. Edit: Terrance is floating around currently too; that would be 8/8 if we got all of them.

I haven't played this in so long that I'd forgotten how it works :p.

4. Terrance888

Easy: backstab, betray, bully your way to power! :evil:

5. qoou

qoou Emperor

Terrance, you interested in a second game?

6. Terrance888

Yeah, especially if it is at a conevient time like now (or around 10.) (this computer's SP is horrible)

7. qoou

qoou Emperor

K. I have joined this. With luck other NESers will join and I will not be alone >.>. Edit: Damn, it's filling up with randoms.

8. Wonderslime

Wonderslime Chieftain

Swell! I have joined. Good luck to all. :)

9. Terrance888

The trans-galactic escape pod containing the body of President Rance landed in an unknown planet in Kappa Algeiba. As it unsealed the natives cautiously surrounded the alien spacecraft.

"I LIVE!" he shouts dramatically, then he notices the natives, "I COME IN PEACE" he says, "BRING ME TO YOUR LEADER". Then he coughs.

"Ah no use. You here, sip this sluggaccino."

The native cautiously absorbed the fluid, and suddenly became stiff and erect, "All Hail President Rance!" his hypnotic voice (developed to assist in marketing) quickly brought the others in line. Rance smiled, it was his second chance.

10. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Crezth and Thlayli are both on the verge of elimination from the game. Daftpanzer has profited the most from Crezth's demise, growing on par with Lord_Iggy and Terrance888, who have split Thlayli's holdings between their alliance.

Zoomm11 has exhausted what fleet advantage he once held over Starlife, and the two powers are now engaged in a protracted and evenly-matched war of attrition that is ultimately weakening both of them. Daftpanzer's alliance with Starlife is turning the tide against Zoomm11.

Benefactor remains quiet and fairly peaceful in the galactic southwest, very much a middling power, albeit one with a very large fleet.

Overall, the game hangs in the balance. Terrance888 and Lord_Iggy are unquestionably the most powerful and advanced empires, but Daftpanzer has rocketed into prominence, his difficult starting location and early expansion mistake being countered by his keen ability to exploit Crezth's demise and Zoomm11's distraction, backed up by an unwavering focus on economic development. Benefactor is a powerbroker of uncertain allegiance, while Zoomm11 and Starlife continue to further neutralize each other through their ongoing warfare.

11. Wonderslime

Wonderslime Chieftain

I spent at least 3 minutes with the last map update open and this one in two different tabs, clicking between the two. Naturally, it seems like it would be really fun to create an animated GIF of a game's progression.

12. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Snapshots really ought to be taken at regular intervals, perhaps of 6 hours. :<

13. Wonderslime

Wonderslime Chieftain

Still though!! The efforts that are being made are totally appreciated, so thanks Iggy! :D It's fun to watch the boundaries change over time... from the outside looking in.

14. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Iggy, Wonderslime, qoou, Terrance, Crezth and three random idjits netizens.

15. Benefactor

Benefactor Beneficial

Heh, the 3 netizens are in the middle, it'll be interesting to see how they do. Also, the map in that game is more interesting than the square we have in the Tau Marfark.

Good work on the updates as well Iggy, it's fun to read how the game is going from a different perspective.

16. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

If you have more information to add Ben, then don't hesitate- you and I are about as far apart as you can get on the map of Tau Marfark. :p

17. Terrance888

1st Revolution of the Colonization of Tau Marfark
    Success of the Aries Corporation

The Zosman menace (Thlayli) has been finally defeated with the aid of SeLf (Lord_Iggy), which has been "trained" somewhat with regular applications of "FoOd", namely, sentient beings and self-conscious computers. With the great clientel consisting of the Civilized (Starlife), the Speedsters (Zoom), the Senate (Daftpanzer) and the People's Republic (Benefactor). The Aries Corporation Thrived.

From the beginning of our colonization, much went wrong. 3 Colonization ships landed in Tau Marfark. Two were attacked by the natives and their technology cannibalized. The third, ourselves, landed in an obscure peninsula of space to the far northwest (as well as you can say North in space). Our only exit blocked by a mysterious blackhole and the Zosman Republic (Thlayli).

Even in those early times, contact was quickly made with all powers, and great profit was made with the sale of reverse-engineered parts from our Aries Dreadnoughts. First we developed repeating blasters, then we turbocharged them. Adding a gatling system provided repeating turboblasters and even now, we are upon the verge of being able to reactive the uberblaster railgun of the Aries Dreadnought and unleash it upon our foes, whomever they may be.

But I digress. As our border settled with the Republic, we contacted about borders. Being as cautious as we are, we asked to wait until the center of the cluster, Tseen Kee, came into scan range of our respective borders before deciding its fate.

Seeing our hesitation, they charged in and took the system. After this insult they sought to buy our Turboblasters, but told us their treasury was empty for the time being.

We decided to introduce them to our blasters face to face. With engine upgrades from the south improving speed and range, and scanning machines (marginally useful due to assigning all as "FoOd" or "uNfoOd" until we reverse engineered it) from the west, we have complete technological advantage. Despite their domestic advantage our technology sales brought in hundreds of trillocredits from across the galaxy. We were selling our tech advantage, but for a good cause.

It was back and forth fighting until SeLf (Lord Iggy) joined in, but during that fighting we confiscated over eleven hundred trillocredits worth of economic resources and tied up his forces, leaving him vulnerable to SeLf's fleet. After that, it was easier than shooting romp rats with an old energy rifle on a speeding land-cruiser.

Even then, the Speedsters (Zoom) attacked the Civilized (Starlife) and the Rogue State (Crezth) attacked both the Civilized and the Senate. Weapons deals were made with all but the Speedsters, against whom we gained much to embargo. The People's Republic (Benefactor) were as advanced as we were and we managed a relationship of a sort, even as paranoia begins to set in as the Zosmans were on their last legs.

No more paranoia. For now, we are truly enlightened. Tau Mafark shall be the center of a new Aries Theocracy that shall rival, and eventually destroy the Multiversal Federation.

Why? Because I have found the truth.

I, am the Prophet of Profit.

And I know the path the victory.

18. Prospo

Prospo King

Ahem, Prospo is from around here too.

19. qoou

qoou Emperor

Oh.

Hi.

20. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Oh hi Prospo, I had no idea you were even in, hahah. :D

Obviously, our random idjit count is only two, and only one of them is gratuitously incompetent. ;)