1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Lord_Iggy, Jun 25, 2011.

1. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Hey, daft! You should NOT have annexed me.... Maybe supported bizzle againt tuna, maybe, but... NOT annexed me. How could I ever have trusted you again?

2. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer canonically ambiguous

I was kinda trying to make a point to Angst :) I wouldn't do that really! But that's just me and my romantic notions of 'humanity', 'being a decent person' and 'helping allies' ;)

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

In my current game, the ruthless and mercenary Gorden Aries was overthrown by a bunch of humanistic rationalist scientists led by Bruce Banner in alliance with The HULK.

Neptune's Pride is Awesome.

4. Daftpanzer

Its a horrible waste of time that leaves a bitter legacy. It teases, but it will never be fulfilling. It lays bare the dark and twisted nature of other people, whether you want to see it or not.

5. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Neptune's Pride is the ultimate test of man. It reveals the true nature of the players, and that makes you a truly noble man, daftpanzer.

6. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Hey! I'm not dark and twisted! I just seriously wasn't able to help you.

7. Daftpanzer

Most of #NES turned their backs on me and cued up to give sexual favours to the guy who brutally murdered me and thomas, at the same time as pursuing their own petty interests and completely failing as a collective to achieve anything noteworthy. That's how I'll remember the game ;)

Thankyou :) But I think its revealed me to be overly touchy and bitter on this subject, for whatever reasons it really got to me. The mark of a truly noble man would've been to simply walk away without saying anything more than a congratulations and thanks to the other players. As they say, "God will be vengeful for you".

8. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

Then you truly are a righteous man.

9. Benefactor

Benefactor Beneficial

Pretty sure Tan Serrai is going to win my game. He is at 250 stars at the moment, nearly double the guy in 2nd place.

I however am surrounded by a large alliance of IP sharing players, it feels very unfair :(.

Edit: Very unfair, they're catching Tan Serrai up by abandoning stars to feed one player to gain the lead.

10. qoou

qoou Emperor

A challenge: 3-man team game. 5 teams, 1 winner. Turn-based with short turns too, for convenience.

Does NESing have 3 champions it'd like to offer?

11. Terrance888

Comon noob. We can crush them.

12. Daftpanzer

Tuxedohamm and Ophorian did the same in our game, giving up stars to the eventual winner. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes so I reserve judgement.

13. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

Well, in my current game, I caused both neighbours to ragequit at the same time, when both had more ships, more planets, and more industry.

14. qoou

qoou Emperor

I'm having trouble getting myself to finish this current one, let alone start a new one.

15. tuxedohamm

tuxedohamm Disguised as crow.

Working with Tuna and Gem to crush Rav and then Viz, I never really gained enough position to be a real threat. I could either invade Gem and break NES alliance or invade Tuna and get knocked out. Financially, I could either spend all my money trying to keep up in tech or upgrading planets to keep up with ship numbers and/or economy. Even then, I would continue to fall behind in whatever I spent money in.

As far as the NES alliance, we sort of worked together a little bit, for a while, but no one really seemed like they would come to my aid if Tuna attacked me. Gem, Ophorian and merciary were closely aligned with him, and everyone else was too far away to stop an onslaught.

Around then is when Tuna requested I give him planets. He was already well ahead of #2, and while it wasn't directly stated, it felt implied that he was going to attack me anyway should I refuse. So I saw it as a way to stay in the game for longer. I thought maybe I could stay on as a NES informant or something, like I had been against Rav. I tired to mitigate the damage by giving some of my stars to Gem, but I don't think I gave him enough time to act on it.

At this point I already assumed that Tuna was most likely going to win, and I knew once it came to a few stars, he would clear me out anyway.

tl;dr: Gave up stars to avoid immediate invasion and get to keep an eye on the game.

16. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

This is my empire at the start of the Southeastern Coalition. It was only possible due to one of my hair brained schemes which caused 2 of my neighbors to rage quit at the same time when both had more planets and more ships.

War has broken out with the Light blue hexagons and the red diamonds, while the coalition of light blue ovals, me, yellow cross, red square, and yellow star both prepare for war against the galaxy, and the strongest individual group in the known galaxy. The pink hexagons.

Tune in for more updates on GemHounds game.

Spoiler :

17. Lord_Herobrine

Lord_Herobrine Back in the Saddle

This is the current predicament in my galaxy.

Spoiler :

18. Terrance888

Damn. That actually looks like a fair fight. 0.0

19. Terrance888

Same Game.

20. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Deity

:D We are allied terrance, is that you? Hmm, how do you think I did against my previous two neighbours?